• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanford

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in that SI article...

Meet Jake Browning, your new Pac-12 Heisman favorite

By now you have likely heard of Christian McCaffrey, Stanford’s do-everything back who racked up incredible numbers in 2015 (3,864 all-purpose yards) but did not win the Heisman. This season was supposed to be when he made everyone look foolish for not voting him the winner last year. Instead, people who stayed up late back east to watch Friday met a new Heisman favorite, and his name is Jake Browning.

Yes, the UW quarterback got help from a beat up Cardinal secondary that was missing three starters. His line gave him oodles of time to pick his receiver of choice. But credit to the sophomore Browning, who connected on 15-of-21 passes for 210 yards and three touchdowns, and dropped perfectly-placed balls in the hands of his receivers (favorite Friday target: John Ross, who caught four balls for 82 yards and one touchdown.) Washington has won its last nine games dating back to last season and in that stretch, Browning has completed 72% of his passes (137-of-190) for 1,812 yards and 21 touchdowns while throwing just three picks. Expect to hear his name a lot in the coming weeks.
He was on the distant radar before this game. He's going to hit the main lists big time after it.

Is there any doubt now who the top QB in the conference is right now? No more of that Rosen the Chosen BS. Browning >>>> everyone else in the Pac.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wank:
Washington asserts itself as a Pac-12 powerhouse after demolishing Stanford
Washington makes loud statement by routing Stanford

Headlines on the top sports pages.

It's so fucking awesome to see that shit.

Worst beating Stanford has suffered in 8 years. Worst beating of a top 10 team by UW since the 50's.

I'm sure some of the usual suspects are going to try and diminish it talking about the injuries Stanford had or some such bullshit, but the people who matter saw that statement tonight and they are taking note. Not only the voters for the rankings and playoffs, but also potential recruits from across the country.

UW is back on the map.

Big time.

:suds:

Man, that's the benefit of the Friday evening time slot we were bitching about. EVERYONE watched this... I'll take the entire country, including recruits, watching 'the huskies of old' in a packed house if it means I have to deal with some extra traffic. Obviously that can backfire too, but we don't even need to think about that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had kind of mixed feelings about the students all rushing the field after the game. I mean you are a top 10 team yourself, but you also did absolutely fucking destroy a higher ranked team so yeah.

If any of you stayed to watch it, you probably saw that chick take a header jumping out of the stands. There was a collective sound from the crowd when everyone saw it. So at least it had some entertainment value.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:Wow, I must say, that was an impressive performance by the Huskies, utterly dominating a good conference foe like Stanford. Hope y'all keep it up! (especially next week:heh:)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and all that time I spent with worry about the running game in the cupcake preseason?

Yeah. I'm over that. :whistle:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and all that time I spent with worry about the running game in the cupcake preseason?

Yeah. I'm over that. :whistle:

I haven't seen the game yet (got it on DVR to watch in a couple of days), but I did hear that Gaskin finally reached the century mark on the ground in this game. I know he had a couple of decent games going into this one, but he just hasn't looked like the same guy that he was last year yet. Not to me anyway. Coleman's looked like the better back a few times. Hopefully this is the beginning of Gaskin getting back to being Gaskin.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the game yet (got it on DVR to watch in a couple of days), but I did hear that Gaskin finally reached the century mark on the ground in this game. I know he had a couple of decent games going into this one, but he just hasn't looked like the same guy that he was last year yet. Not to me anyway. Coleman's looked like the better back a few times. Hopefully this is the beginning of Gaskin getting back to being Gaskin.
None of it was in a large chunk either. He dragged guys a few times and turned negative plays into hard fought yards. You will see on the replay. Just a total domination on both lines. Only rushed 4 all night and had 8 sacks. That was the kind of swarming and suffocating defense we had in the late 80's and 90's.

The offense had a good night and it was a balanced attack, but the defense had a near perfect night and simply dominated. That was the story here. Gaskin was more of a footnote.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. Best hangover ever.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night in one picture.

So many good ones to choose from. Domination in so many ways. This one sums up the significance to me.
158743_LW_UWvsSTANFORD_06-1020x718.jpg

Held one of the nations top rushers to just 4 yards in the first quarter and forced them into a passing game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. Best hangover ever.
Late night taco bell FTW. I sure had my tailgate on, but no hangover. :yes:

3 hours of sleep though and couldn't be more awake.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night in one picture.

So many good ones to choose from. Domination in so many ways. This one sums up the significance to me.
158743_LW_UWvsSTANFORD_06-1020x718.jpg

Held one of the nations top rushers to just 4 yards in the first quarter and forced them into a passing game.
They just punished those quarterbacks. Loved some of the hits they put on McCaffrey early on too. Think he just got knocked to the bottom of the Heisman hype barrel, by our team. :happy:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey genie's whats new. Been busy making gifs since my inbox is so full anyways I'm thinking Stanford is my darkhorse:suds:

Oh almost forgot, #Bowdownbitches!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^^
This this this this THIS...
is the biggest thing about a game like that. Recruits that were there or watched on TV are now getting what's going on here. It's a game changing moment. Petersen was said to be leaving for the recruiting trail today. How do you think THAT conversation is going to go down with kids he is talking to today?

Husky stadium was the Husky stadium of old on that night. And that's something few other locations in the country can match. Come join us young men. Help make that a weekly thing in the fall here again.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that Washington State put up 51 on the Ducks tonight. I have no idea what to make of that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that Washington State put up 51 on the Ducks tonight. I have no idea what to make of that.
Read the hate week thread. It means our time may be here. The long taste of bitter frustration is nearing it's apex.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... the Huskies are going into the game ranked 5th in the country, so it'll be an important game in a number of ways.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psalm Wooching named Walter Camp national defensive player of the week with 3 sacks in the game against Stanford. And the team sacked them 8 times in that game without calling a single blitz. :shocked:
Washington senior Psalm Wooching has been named the Walter Camp Foundation national defensive player of the week after his three sacks led a dominant defensive effort in the Huskies’ 44-6 blowout of No. 7 Stanford on Friday night.

His three psacks, er sacks, were a career high and tied him for 10th-most in a single game in UW history. The 6-foot-4, 231-pound outside linebacker from Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, in his first season as a starter, has a team-high 4.5 sacks this season, with 19 total tackles, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

The Huskies (5-0, 2-0 Pac-12) finished with eight sacks against Stanford — the most in a game for UW since 2002 — and they did it without a single blitz the entire game. The Huskies lead the nation with 21 sacks (tied with Ohio) … and they’re doing so while calling fewer blitzes than anyone.
Best defensive performance I've seen since maybe '93? :noidea: I think that was the year they took out Miami in their house to wreck their 58 home game winning streak.