• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanford

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're coming Friday... Looks like the early line is Dawgs -3.5.

I guess it's time to see what this team's all about. I'm hoping to at least take half the day off, get up there early for pregame rituals, I hope others can do the same. Friday night games suck... but with Louisville and Clemson playing, I don't think we need to cry about a missed game day opportunity too much.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna take my oldest up, but he wants to relax and watch at home..
It's cool this way I can drink myself into a frenzy and run the streets buck naked after the Dawgs win!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the biggest game of the year. And no other game is even close.

Winner is in the drivers seat for the North. No, I'm not entirely ruling out Oregon, but they sure don't look like a team that has the pieces to challenge for it and I don't think anyone expects Cal to seriously contend either. Whoever wins this game has a lot more room for error than the loser.

On paper each team has legitimate reasons to like them to win the game and reasons to have concerns.

UW struggled in the run defense against Arizona and allowed their freshman RB to gash them many times. It wasn't just the holes on the line, but the lack of tackling in the second and third layers once he found a hole. Now they face the toughest team in the conference to defend against the run. On one hand having these struggles this week will surely bring focus and a commitment to fixing those issues and cleaning up the tackling, but you still have to be concerned if they can do that in such a short amount time and to the degree to be successful.

The strength of the UW defense is their secondary and Baker really didn't have a good game this last week, but Stanford isn't going to beat you with 400y through the air. It's about run fits while not ignoring the passing game entirely. Burns has an overall 130 rating, but is averaging around 130y/game with the bulk of those yards coming to McCaffrey. So his stats look better than he has been tested on thus far. You know most of those passing yards to McCaffrey are short passes that he generates yards after the catch on. They are going to have to at least contain McCaffrey and limit his explosive plays and force them to prove they can make yards through the air.

The UW offense still moved the ball well against Arizona. Browning has a nearly 200 rating thus far and the running game exploded open against the cats. It was their lack of discipline that cost them the chances at the easy win. Too many false starts and other unforced errors. Those things tend to happen more on the road so a focus on cleaning that up and just being at home should help. Stanford gave up over 300 yards against UCLA. And most of it was through the air. You aren't going to feast on that defensive line through the running game so Browning is going to face his biggest challenge as a collegiate QB and will have to carry the bulk of the work load to win this game.

I'll be taking the light rail down there to avoid the traffic. I mean a Friday commute out of the city with a game going on at the same time? What the hell are they thinking? :L I'm going to shoot to get down there around 4. Can't really leave work too early. It should be loud and electric in that place. Great atmosphere for a college football game.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawgs got very good tape on Stanford against UCLA, I think going in the Dawgs stack the box and dare the QB from Stanford to throw the ball, ( I can't believe I said that) but I don't think he can throw the rock like others, stack the box shut the run down and hope the kid is off target throwing the ball..

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawgs got very good tape on Stanford against UCLA, I think going in the Dawgs stack the box and dare the QB from Stanford to throw the ball, ( I can't believe I said that) but I don't think he can throw the rock like others, stack the box shut the run down and hope the kid is off target throwing the ball..
Yeah, well they tried that against Zona and didn't do that great of a job of it and Zona is no Stanford. So there's that. There is no doubt they need a LOT better play out of that secondary versus the run.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well they tried that against Zona and didn't do that great of a job of it and Zona is no Stanford. So there's that. There is no doubt they need a LOT better play out of that secondary versus the run.

I'm gonna say it, the "cupcake" games didn't help them, and I actually think they were gonna walk in and Zona would bow down to them, I think it was a lesson learned and they wont take anybody lightly again.... Peterson did mentioned that he believed it would be a 4 quarter game....

On a side note, thanks @WizardHawk for posting that link to the Pac 12 stream, I used it and was impressed I could see the whole game with out issues....

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They figured it out the second half (though Arizona's injuries probably helped). And stanford's qb isn't gonna slip out and eff you up on the ground like that slippery bastard for Arizona did.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone on that team took that game for granted or took them lightly.

I think UW is still a relatively young team and young teams often struggle on the road.

If our normally great kicker makes EITHER of his FG tries that game is over without OT. That alone is an anomaly. Just don't make as many offensive penalties and that game is a total blow out before the 4th quarter even starts. Those are things they can clean up that likely wouldn't come up at home anyway.

I'm not really worried about those things, but I do question our pass rush and run stopping up the middle against a team that will steam roll you if you can't stop the run. To me this game is entirely about that. I think UW will score so it's just can they contain McCaffrey enough to stay ahead and win?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work few blocks from the dub pub so I'm planning to head down there to watch the game.

And will probably be more relaxed. The Zona game had me really worked up emotionally as it was finally the start of PAC play and it would of looked so bad if we lost that game after all the attention this summer and that top10 ranking. Stanford is still the tops of the PAC right now and until we knock them out of there, I'm gonna go into this game wanting the victory bad, but hopefully less stressed.

It's at our house which is huge and like our chances. We got all the tools to get the W. Go Dawgs!!!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GameDay! :yes:

Went ahead and took the whole day off tomorrow, it's basically a holiday...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The party bus is leaving a bit early today to get ahead of the traffic so I'll be down there around 2 or so. By 6 I should be barely able to stumble my way to my seat. Hope I remember some of the first half.

:suds:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put all my fake money on Stanford to win, so the Washington could do me a solid and not show up that would be great

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put all my fake money on Stanford to win, so the Washington could do me a solid and not show up that would be great
:lebowski2:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of the weirdness of McCaffrey never scoring a TD on the road, Stanford hasn't played a game outside of the state of California in 8 straight games (including bowl/ccg) going back to their trip to Colorado on Nov 7th last year. So they haven't traveled far in a very long time. Just odd.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!! Did these Dawgs come to play or WHAT?!

I expected it to be closer, actually, both teams ranked, but they're sure showing the Cardinal what they can do...delivering it to them seemingly tenfold!

Don't let up, Huskies! You're almost done!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn it guys, I seriously teared up at multiple points during that game. Watching those guys dominate every aspect of the game, there was no bullshit, if anything it seemed like more calls went against the Dawgs early on, they just straight up came out and we're better. Looking out at the packed stadium, seeing it packed through halftime, everyone showing respect to the 91 team (which was a lame tribute by the way), seeing it packed to start the 3rd quarter...

I love Husky football, just been waiting for it to all come together like this for so long... I don't know what else to say... Congrats boys, we deserve this. Enjoy it. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wank:
Washington asserts itself as a Pac-12 powerhouse after demolishing Stanford
Washington makes loud statement by routing Stanford

Headlines on the top sports pages.

It's so fucking awesome to see that shit.

Worst beating Stanford has suffered in 8 years. Worst beating of a top 10 team by UW since the 50's.

I'm sure some of the usual suspects are going to try and diminish it talking about the injuries Stanford had or some such bullshit, but the people who matter saw that statement tonight and they are taking note. Not only the voters for the rankings and playoffs, but also potential recruits from across the country.

UW is back on the map.

Big time.

:suds:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see it live, but I did DVR it so I very much look forward to watching it the next chance I get. Now for the Huskies to finally break the Oregon curse next week.