• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanford is our biggest challenge IMO

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the remaining schedule, I honestly think Stanford is the only team that can prevent us from a playoffs

NC State doesn't worry me. Played a really weak schedule. FSU & Louisville are down this season.

Navy usually give us trouble but with the way our defense is playing this year, I think that is a 10 point win at least especially since it is a home game.

Miami doesn't worry me that much. They just haven't looked that great at home the past few weeks. We will be the best team they play all year long.

And no way in hell should we lose to Wake Forest.

Thoughts

I hope Stanford plays against ND the way they played tonight against Oregon State.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Bryce Love is lost for the season I doubt they will look like that again.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Bryce Love is lost for the season I doubt they will look like that again.

He may be more of a factor, but we've been pretty good against the run most of the year, and its pretty clear he's their only weapon. If we win the battle up front, we won't need to scheme to account for him so Cryst can light us up with TE routes.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be more of a factor, but we've been pretty good against the run most of the year, and its pretty clear he's their only weapon. If we win the battle up front, we won't need to scheme to account for him so Cryst can light us up with TE routes.

One of the comments I heard yesterday was that Love could have played, but they didn’t think that they would need him against Oregon State. They preferred that he rest another week and be full speed for Washington State.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the comments I heard yesterday was that Love could have played, but they didn’t think that they would need him against Oregon State. They preferred that he rest another week and be full speed for Washington State.

Well that plan almost backfired epically. Also that's a little bit of a hard sell, they had to come from behind to win. Why didn't they put him in in the second half, or even on the last series as a decoy at least?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
us? pretty sure you're the only one that's lost.

That must be it. Who could possibly imagine that there would be a falloff in performance in a game that follows an emotional game against a top rival. I guess I’m the first one who ever noticed that there is a trend. Maybe if other people noticed it they could come up with a name for it. I’ve got a great idea. Let’s call it a “trap” game.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That must be it. Who could possibly imagine that there would be a falloff in performance in a game that follows an emotional game against a top rival. I guess I’m the first one who ever noticed that there is a trend. Maybe if other people noticed it they could come up with a name for it. I’ve got a great idea. Let’s call it a “trap” game.

let's not. look, there was never any intention to suggest there's never a letdown after a big game. in fact, you are trying to make this a giant smoke screen to cover your original bull shit remark. you made a statement AS IF it were factual and in FACT you pulled it out of your ass. that's the only point i was making. if you'd had any sense you'd have either ignored the correction or said something like it "seemed" to be true. but no. like a certain president i won't name you decided to go on the attack. sorry, irish7478, but i'm not playing that game. you said something wrong, you got called on it and you're just not big enough to handle it like an intelligent human being.
now .... do you want to keep this up?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's not. look, there was never any intention to suggest there's never a letdown after a big game. in fact, you are trying to make this a giant smoke screen to cover your original bull shit remark. you made a statement AS IF it were factual and in FACT you pulled it out of your ass. that's the only point i was making. if you'd had any sense you'd have either ignored the correction or said something like it "seemed" to be true. but no. like a certain president i won't name you decided to go on the attack. sorry, irish7478, but i'm not playing that game. you said something wrong, you got called on it and you're just not big enough to handle it like an intelligent human being.
now .... do you want to keep this up?

Seriously, what are you talking about. ND has played poorly in games following the SC game. A pretty simple observation. That’s why I think that NC State is out biggest trap game. And you obviously think that this isn’t the case. At first I thought you were joking. But now it appears that you were serious. Please explain what you are saying.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, what are you talking about. ND has played poorly in games following the SC game. A pretty simple observation. That’s why I think that NC State is out biggest trap game. And you obviously think that this isn’t the case. At first I thought you were joking. But now it appears that you were serious. Please explain what you are saying.
you want to appear like an idiot go ahead. i'm through with you.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to appear like an idiot go ahead. i'm through with you.

So thinking a team is ripe for an upset the week after playing a big game against their top rival is a crazy idea for you. You must be new to college football.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to 2003, ND lost to BC the week after the SC game. In 2007 ND lost to Navy the week after the SC game. In 2009 the BC game was a 4 point win over BC the week after the SC game. In 2015 ND beat Temple by 4 points the game after the SC game. It seems to me that we tend to follow up the emotional high of the SC game with a letdown in the following game. If we have a similar letdown against NC State (which is a good team) we have a good chance of losing.

This is pretty irrelevant. I really don't care what they did in 2003 or 2009 as we had a different HC than we do now.

As for the temple game, it's not like they were a really bad team. They were 7-0 and we were only 9 or 10 point favorites. It's not like we played a 3-4 team and was expected to win by 4 TDs

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty irrelevant. I really don't care what they did in 2003 or 2009 as we had a different HC than we do now.

As for the temple game, it's not like they were a really bad team. They were 7-0 and we were only 9 or 10 point favorites. It's not like we played a 3-4 team and was expected to win by 4 TDs

I watched the temple game and we were behind late in the 4th quarter and Temple had a chance to win in the last minute. I thought it was a poor performance for an ND team that was ranked in the top 10.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe you guys were concerned about this team