• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanford is our biggest challenge IMO

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the remaining schedule, I honestly think Stanford is the only team that can prevent us from a playoffs

NC State doesn't worry me. Played a really weak schedule. FSU & Louisville are down this season.

Navy usually give us trouble but with the way our defense is playing this year, I think that is a 10 point win at least especially since it is a home game.

Miami doesn't worry me that much. They just haven't looked that great at home the past few weeks. We will be the best team they play all year long.

And no way in hell should we lose to Wake Forest.

Thoughts

Yeah Boooiii

#BeRedSeeRed
Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe all of our opponents are ranked so I think it's going to be a challenge for the rest of the season.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game at a time.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to rank our last 5 opponents from best to worst, it would be

(1) NC State
(2) Miami
(3) Stanford
(4) Navy
(5) Wake

Picking 2 and 3 was hard, I feel the same way about both teams. They have shown flashes and have looked pedestrian often times during the season, although while Miami keeps pulling rabbits out of the hat, Stanford looks like they are improving every week. Neither one has had an overly impressive win yet though.

I think Wake can play us tough, at 4-2 they're not as bad as they've been historically, but my feeling is, if we have a let down against them, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway because whoever we faced would hand us our lunch. Navy gets the nod over them because Navy always plays us tough, and I don't get the warm fuzzies with rookie DC's playing against the triple option, although Navy has looked pedestrian of late.

To me, NC State is the clear #1 of this group. I think they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, will be fired up to play us, have had extra rest (I'm glad we were able to save our starters in the second half), and are trying to advance as well. If we get by them, I'll be disappointed if we don't run the table. If we lose, then we will have fallen back to earth and we can plan for an improved season and maybe still play for a NYE 6 game.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the remaining schedule, I honestly think Stanford is the only team that can prevent us from a playoffs

NC State doesn't worry me. Played a really weak schedule. FSU & Louisville are down this season.

Navy usually give us trouble but with the way our defense is playing this year, I think that is a 10 point win at least especially since it is a home game.

Miami doesn't worry me that much. They just haven't looked that great at home the past few weeks. We will be the best team they play all year long.

Thoughts

SC gained 623 yards against Stanford. Stanford only gained 342. SC won 42-24. While we always seem willing and able to lay an egg when we least need it, I don’t think Stanford is our biggest test. I rank NC State as our biggest threat mostly because it follows SC and we always seem to have a letdown after a big SC win. Next is Miami because I think they are the most talented team left. I think that if we make it past these two, we will be in good shape for Stanford. Being the last game should make it easy for the team to get up for it. I truly believe that our biggest issue now is injuries (if we get them), and reading our press clippings.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rank NC State as our biggest threat mostly because it follows SC and we always seem to have a letdown after a big SC win.

curious where you pulled this info out of. it has not happened going back to 2002! not once!

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious where you pulled this info out of. it has not happened going back to 2002! not once!

Going back to 2003, ND lost to BC the week after the SC game. In 2007 ND lost to Navy the week after the SC game. In 2009 the BC game was a 4 point win over BC the week after the SC game. In 2015 ND beat Temple by 4 points the game after the SC game. It seems to me that we tend to follow up the emotional high of the SC game with a letdown in the following game. If we have a similar letdown against NC State (which is a good team) we have a good chance of losing.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts

Don't be so cocky. Navy is tough, Miami is undefeated, NC State is actually strong this year. Stanford should honestly be the least of your worries.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so cocky. Navy is tough, Miami is undefeated, NC State is actually strong this year. Stanford should honestly be the least of your worries.

Who is being cocky? Where did I say any of these team are easy except Wake Forest?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count either team out.

No question about it. Both teams best win came against a bad FSU team. Miami concerns me more though. Simply because it is a road game and bad weather is probably likely

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to 2003, ND lost to BC the week after the SC game. In 2007 ND lost to Navy the week after the SC game. In 2009 the BC game was a 4 point win over BC the week after the SC game. In 2015 ND beat Temple by 4 points the game after the SC game. It seems to me that we tend to follow up the emotional high of the SC game with a letdown in the following game. If we have a similar letdown against NC State (which is a good team) we have a good chance of losing.

actually, what you SAID was """ we always seem to have a letdown after a big SC WIN.""" so .... nice try.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, what you SAID was """ we always seem to have a letdown after a big SC WIN.""" so .... nice try.

Seriously? Yes, we won this year. But even in the years that we lose, there is still a drop off in our performance after a game against our number one rival. Is that clear enough for you. If you still don’t get it, let me know and I’ll try to simplify it even more.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get that you're too stubborn to admit you made a mistake. don't take it out on me.
i should add that even if you had meant it just for games after usc whether we won or not ... we SELDOM had the problem you mentioned.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get that you're too stubborn to admit you made a mistake. don't take it out on me.
i should add that even if you had meant it just for games after usc whether we won or not ... we SELDOM had the problem you mentioned.

Yes, we play them at home every other year. You should have figured that out by now.