• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Standing room tickets?

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine (sharks fan) who lives in Chicago with me is getting some Standing room only tix. I don't know anything about them and wondering if I should dish out 95 for em. I know I have to get there early and I am also very tall. Can anyone explain what exactly they are? Is it really worth it?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry -- I've never bought standing room only tickets for anything. I would assume it would kind of suck because no matter where you decide to stand...people would be in your view/way the whole time and when you hit the concession stands or restroom, you'd lose your spot.

I hope I'm wrong and you have a good time anyways.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standing room tickets in the old "Aud" in Buffalo were great because you were next to the beer stand.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had standing room tix for an Astros game.

Wasn't bad, but that's a lot different from an arena.

HamiltonsDropped

GET.. OFF... MY... LAWN..
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
RBC Center has specific areas dedicated to SRO tickets, just behind the last row of seats on the lower bowl between the blue lines. Price was about that (80-200 for the SRO depending on which round).
Can't be that bad of a view, since everyone in front of you will be sitting. Highly doubt they cram everyone into a small area where there will be 3 or 4 people standing in front of you... that would suck and people wouldn't buy them again. And yes, it does give superior access to beer, concessions and restrooms. :-) Still, I'd rather be able to sit.

Those are also the "seats" where they'll release a block of them late, and where dumbass dipshits will get on the 'net day of game to chastise your city for not being able to sell out a home playoff game because they can go to ticketmaster and "buy 8 "seats" together that day".

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me answer your question with a question. How often will the Sharks be in the Conference Finals in the city you happen to live in for the rest of your life?

Who cares if the tickets suck... be there! If the Sharks happen to win on the road, trust me, you'll like your seats much better than some Hawks' fan sitting first row behind the net. If your team loses, you'll be glad you didn't shell out more money for good seats.

Be there!

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten Standing room tickets at the UC many a time, and if you get there early you can stake out a good spot at center ice

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking about game 3 I will be there as well.