• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford, Carr & Cousins

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is going to blink and be the first to sign their deal & set the market for the rest of the league ?

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is going to blink and be the first to sign their deal & set the market for the rest of the league ?
This may be a major issue as to why KC hasn't been offered a serious LTD. All 3 franchises appears to be waiting on each other. IF one can come to a deal, it provides some light to the true market value for each.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Im guessing Carr signs first.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe the owners are digging their feet in the sand and saying they are tired of these salaries going up by the millions EVERY year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the owners are trying to balk back. And Im tired of electric and gas prices rising. But at the end of the day, I like having lights and not walking every where more than I like keeping a few extra dollars in my pocket.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect KC to set the market because the Lions and Raiders have their QB under contract, not franchised, this season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
INteresting take

Derek Carr headlines nine NFL stars who should be paid NOW

3) Kirk Cousins, QB, Washington Redskins

Free agent in: 2018

The Redskins should've given him franchise-quarterback money last offseason. Now they're spinning their wheels for reasons beyond my comprehension.

Is Cousins the perfect quarterback? No. Is Cousins a fine fit for Jay Gruden and these Redskins? Yes. And he continues to get better. Cousins has spent the past two years rewriting Washington's record book -- he deserves respect from the franchise. The Redskins seem to be forgetting one important thing about this league ...

There are two types of teams in the NFL: Those that have quarterbacks and those that don't.

Why would this franchise actively choose to go backward? And the threat of Cousins leaving next offseason for San Francisco (and his old offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan) looms large.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very astute. Almost a year ago they talked about these other two guys and their future contracts. Not only do these guys want to get paid but I am sure they are pressure to not cave because whoever signs first helps set the market for the other two. High stakes game of Russian Roulette.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
INteresting take

Is Cousins the perfect quarterback? No. Is Cousins a fine fit for Jay Gruden and these Redskins? Yes. And he continues to get better. Cousins has spent the past two years rewriting Washington's record book -- he deserves respect from the franchise. The Redskins seem to be forgetting one important thing about this league ...

Not possible!! SM and some others said he has hit his ceiling. :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know, I never quit got that comment from Scot. Even if he really does feel Kirk has hit his ceiling, I cant understand a guy coming out and publicly trying to do the Skins any favors after they basically tried to ruin any chance he ever has of being an NFL GM again.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the owners would love to reign in these huge salaries, at the end of the day they themselves are all greedy bastards and will want someone else to do their dirty work. They all want someone else to draw the line in the sand and sacrifice their team for the good of the rest of the league. Snyder will be no different.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be obvious that the three deals are connected. I think Carr is the one I'd pick over the other two. But I was thinking about Stafford yesterday. He and Matt Ryan going into last year were kind of considered pretty good but just not quite good enough QBs, kind of where many feel Kirk is. Then last year both of those guys took giant leaps, Ryan finally broke through in the playoffs and should have won a Super Bowl and all year people were including Stafford in the MVP conversation. Why can't Kirk do the same?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be obvious that the three deals are connected. I think Carr is the one I'd pick over the other two. But I was thinking about Stafford yesterday. He and Matt Ryan going into last year were kind of considered pretty good but just not quite good enough QBs, kind of where many feel Kirk is. Then last year both of those guys took giant leaps, Ryan finally broke through in the playoffs and should have won a Super Bowl and all year people were including Stafford in the MVP conversation. Why can't Kirk do the same?

Ryan and Stafford were first round picks, so it was assumed that they would eventually get it and just a matter of when.

Kirk as a 4th round pick to some has already hit his ceiling, and actually the past two years might have been playing on the roof. The fear (as many have stated) is at any time he could fall off and hit the floor again where he was prone to force balls, throw more picks than TDs and go into shell shock at any moment.

To a degree he is a victim of where he was drafted, because most expected he would never become more than a solid backup, and some still think he is just a really good backup whom we have been forced to start until we can draft/acquire a true elite prospect at the position.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the owners are trying to balk back. And Im tired of electric and gas prices rising. But at the end of the day, I like having lights and not walking every where more than I like keeping a few extra dollars in my pocket.

True. I know QB is THE premium position in football, none other is even close. But I have a little problem with guys like Mike Glennon getting paid more than some of the best (non-QB) Offensive and Defensive players in the league. There is just something wrong with that.

Well the way that some people on here act, SM walks on water. Frankly I'm shocked that I haven't seen some say that if SM didn't think he was the answer, then I don't think he is the answer. Seriously.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is the Lions are waiting for Carr to sign. I think both Carr and Stafford get more than Cousins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I know QB is THE premium position in football, none other is even close. But I have a little problem with guys like Mike Glennon getting paid more than some of the best (non-QB) Offensive and Defensive players in the league. There is just something wrong with that.

Well the way that some people on here act, SM walks on water. Frankly I'm shocked that I haven't seen some say that if SM didn't think he was the answer, then I don't think he is the answer. Seriously.

Well there is something wrong with grown men getting paid more money in a year than most people will make in ten years, and this is comparing rookie salaries to the average working American.

But that being said, if you aint got a QB... you aint got a shot. Glennon might not be elite, but he gives the Bears the ability to let the rookie they traded up for play sit and learn for a season, and not risk becoming the next David Carr.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is the Lions are waiting for Carr to sign. I think both Carr and Stafford get more than Cousins.

IM fine with that, but Cousins should get more than Glennon and Oswieler, yes alot more.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM fine with that, but Cousins should get more than Glennon and Oswieler, yes alot more.

For sure. Osweiler should probably be sued at this point.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. Osweiler should probably be sued at this point.

NAh... I think he is actually in a good place no. I think Hue is one of the few coaches who could get what ever talent he has out of him. Is he a long term solution?? nope. But I think if he is used as a game manager, the Browns might actually improve.