• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Warriors Series Thread

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game 1 is going to haunt them for the entire offseason

We have a young team. I feel they'll have a lot of hope and optimism all offseason and not think too much about that game.

I'll be rooting for the Heat now because outside of Warriors players, LeBron is my favorite player. I don't mind seeing the Spurs win either because except for Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry, and Tony Parker sleeping with Brent Barry's wife, they've been a class organization for many, many years. You can't really ask for better role models and David Robinson and Tim Duncan. I would guess that over the last 15 years, no team has won more games than the Spurs.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Van Gundy mentioned it more than once during the broadcast that the Warriors simply had no one who could score inside. Very good season for the Warriors. Sad to see it end, but at least now Curry gets a chance to heal up and do no further damage to his ankle.

The national broadcast still probably thinks this is a shooting only team.

Yes, D Lee makes a difference inside but his impact is that the offense can run through the post, regardless of whether the shot is taken in the post or on the outside.

Bogut doesn't even have his post game back yet.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need another superstar along with curry if they want a chance at the heat. I would try to get rid of biedrins and jefferson to clear cap

lol no one is gonna take those contracts.

I'll take just a full healthy squad with the rookies improving. David Lee and Brandon Rush, with Ezeli getting better as the defensive presence to backup Bogut.

They had a chance at Rudy Gay but would have to give up Barnes Thompson and eat even more contract.

They beat the Heat this season without Bogut.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol no one is gonna take those contracts.

I'll take just a full healthy squad with the rookies improving. David Lee and Brandon Rush, with Ezeli getting better as the defensive presence to backup Bogut.

They had a chance at Rudy Gay but would have to give up Barnes Thompson and eat even more contract.

They beat the Heat this season without Bogut.

Rudy gay is good but not a star. No way i give up barnes hes gonna be better IMO. By the way wasnt it jack and barnes?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The national broadcast still probably thinks this is a shooting only team.

Yes, D Lee makes a difference inside but his impact is that the offense can run through the post, regardless of whether the shot is taken in the post or on the outside.

Bogut doesn't even have his post game back yet.

Its really not a shooting only team.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy gay is good but not a star. No way i give up barnes hes gonna be better IMO. By the way wasnt it jack and barnes?

Could've been more than one deal. I think losing Thompson was a deal breaker. From interviews with Warriors front office, management was 50/50 on pulling the trigger.

The grizz were looking to shed contracts, I could see why Jack as a free agent would be enticing to them.

There is no star available for the price of RJ, Bierdrins' contracts without giving up someone like Barnes and Thompson.

D Lee's contract would be hard to move, too.

I really like the thought of keeping this team together and seeing what a full season of B Rush's defense and 3 point shooting can do.

Great rookie draft, too. Ezeli just doesn't know what to do with the basketball in his hands yet, but hopefully can develop into a shot blocker with a few post moves.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could've been more than one deal. I think losing Thompson was a deal breaker. From interviews with Warriors front office, management was 50/50 on pulling the trigger.

The grizz were looking to shed contracts, I could see why Jack as a free agent would be enticing to them.

There is no star available for the price of RJ, Bierdrins' contracts without giving up someone like Barnes and Thompson.

D Lee's contract would be hard to move, too.

I really like the thought of keeping this team together and seeing what a full season of B Rush's defense and 3 point shooting can do.

Great rookie draft, too. Ezeli just doesn't know what to do with the basketball in his hands yet, but hopefully can develop into a shot blocker with a few post moves.

I dont even know why it was 50/50. 2 lotto picks for just a good player in rudy gay. I would say no

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that being said i would love Gay hes underratted. But i think Barnes game is like Rudy Gay's

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can he be, if hes never been an all star?

I'm not too familiar with Gay's game but he always struck me as a Monta Elllis level type player, less scoring ability but offers more defense.

I agree now that not pulling the trigger was a good one.

The young guys have just as much potential (Barnes elevated his game once D Lee went out and Thompson is a defensive stopper now)

The chemistry of this group is amazing, don't want to break them up

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that GSW is out of the playoffs I can go back to bandwagoning the Heat. My dream Finals did not come to fruition.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too familiar with Gay's game but he always struck me as a Monta Elllis level type player, less scoring ability but offers more defense.

I agree now that not pulling the trigger was a good one.

The young guys have just as much potential (Barnes elevated his game once D Lee went out and Thompson is a defensive stopper now)

The chemistry of this group is amazing, don't want to break them up

Well monta ellis is a pretty good player, and IMO he was a all star a few times in his career

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well monta ellis is a pretty good player, and IMO he was a all star a few times in his career

Yes, offensively he is a pure scorer. But a liability on defense. So taking the team as a whole, they needed a more defensive abled 2 guard to offset Curry's size disadvantage.

Klay is developing into one and Barnes has shown his all star potential in flashes.
Good move to not make the trade