• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring updates/articles

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read. But now what about the defense...:help:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read. But now what about the defense...:help:

They're just getting started but the D is focusing on simple things like tackling. Sadly, they haven't even started scheme yet; but I think we'll have more speed on D. Speed and fundamentals can easily improve that sieve we had last year.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better get ready for some tempO. When ya'll come to Eugene this year you're probably going to be gassed by the 3rd quarter.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pretty good article though it might be :badmin:.
With plenty of work ahead, Jones tackles makeover at Tennessee - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and BCS Rankings

What I like is
One of the points Jones is emphasizing on this day, UT's fourth practice of the spring, is getting 11 men swarming to the ball on defense.

"When you swarm to the ball, you get rewarded!" Jones shouts. "For the next three plays, the quarterback is LIVE!"

That announcement prompts howls from his new team -- although the Vols QB doesn't end up taking any hits on the series. When an offensive tackle uncoils out of his stance before the snap, Jones calls out, "False start. First-and-15! Winning football. Can't happen! Winning football."

It also talks about some of the shit that went on with ex-players under orange square pants. Kind of reminded me of Nebraska's dark ages with HWSNBN.

The players seem to have bought in and really like what he is doing. I think things are looking up for Tennessee. Might take a few years but definitely in the right direction.

Love the HipHop blaring on the field too.
Armed with a stick microphone, Jones darts all over the field, shouting encouragement while hip-hop music blares.

Last edited by a moderator:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better get ready for some tempO. When ya'll come to Eugene this year you're probably going to be gassed by the 3rd quarter.

With Kelly gone, you may be the one struggling to keep up. Our whole squad is improving their conditioning.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VOL REPORT: IT?S ALL ABOUT THE DETAILS - VolNation

Very nice to read this, love the bolded.

“I love Corey Vereen,” said Stripling. “You won’t find a harder working. He is the most motivated freshman I have ever seen in my career. He is unbelievable. He never smiles which is a little scary but he really is a pleasant kid.”