• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2017

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this now, his third time with the Mariners? Fourth time? I can't keep up. He always leaves, falls on his face, comes back and rebuilds his value, then leaves and falls on his face again.

True. It is a minor league deal so no risk.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another reason to drink tonight

thanks m's!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. This is the Mariners after alll

As much as the WBC was fun to watch Fuck it. This shit can't happen

It sucks, but both the players and their organizations knew there was a risk in some players getting hurt during the WBC and they decided to let it happen anyway. Now if teams start seeing a significant number of injuries that can be tied back to players playing in the WBC and it starts to really hurt their bottom line, they'll end it. Until then, we just have to hope that Smyly comes back ahead of schedule and that Miranda can pitch well in his absence.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what dipoto said, we'll be lucky to see him pitching in AAA by the 8 week mark.

by 6-8 weeks, they mean that's the point where he'll start doing anything with a baseball.

just hoping this doesn't somehow escalate to a surgery.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks, but both the players and their organizations knew there was a risk in some players getting hurt during the WBC and they decided to let it happen anyway. Now if teams start seeing a significant number of injuries that can be tied back to players playing in the WBC and it starts to really hurt their bottom line, they'll end it. Until then, we just have to hope that Smyly comes back ahead of schedule and that Miranda can pitch well in his absence.

Could you imagine if Diaz had same issues for throwing as many innings as he did in that game? What if we lost Diaz and Smyly in the WBC

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what dipoto said, we'll be lucky to see him pitching in AAA by the 8 week mark.

by 6-8 weeks, they mean that's the point where he'll start doing anything with a baseball.

just hoping this doesn't somehow escalate to a surgery.

Agree. Surgery is definately still possible. I thought the injury was the same one Sampson got last year and he had surgery. I think Miranda is a decent fall back option, there is just no margin for error now. Chances are someone else goes down between now and June and the depth will be tested more.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if Diaz had same issues for throwing as many innings as he did in that game? What if we lost Diaz and Smyly in the WBC

That would have really sucked. Like I said, if teams start noticing that their WBC players are getting hurt during the season and they can trace it back to them playing in the WBC, they'll put an end to it. I know the players like it for the chance to play for their country, but if organizations think that it's no longer worth the risk to let their best players play in the tournament, they'll end it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why all the fretting about WBC, especially for Smyly. Didn't he only pitch 1 time?

Anyway, Shannon Drayer seems to think this may be our opening day lineup:

Jean Segura, SS
Mitch Haniger, RF
Robinson Cano, 2B
Nelson Cruz, DH
Kyle Seager, 3B
Danny Valencia, 1B
Leonys Martin, CF
Mike Zunino, C
Jarrod Dyson, LF

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why all the fretting about WBC, especially for Smyly. Didn't he only pitch 1 time?

Jean Segura, SS
Mitch Haniger, RF
Robinson Cano, 2B
Nelson Cruz, DH
Kyle Seager, 3B
Danny Valencia, 1B
Leonys Martin, CF
Mike Zunino, C
Jarrod Dyson, LF
looks good to me. Pretty pumped to get this show on the road

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jean Segura, SS
Mitch Haniger, RF
Robinson Cano, 2B
Nelson Cruz, DH
Kyle Seager, 3B
Danny Valencia, 1B
Leonys Martin, CF
Mike Zunino, C
Jarrod Dyson, LF
Best looking opening day lineup we've seen in years!

1B seems like the weakest link at this point so I look at a deadline deal to bolster the position. Otherwise, I love what I see. Let's get it going!!