• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: spring games round up

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I enjoyed the Texas spring game. Buechelle to Colin Johnson duo looked very good. Think the little sophomore QB is going fit much better in this offense-even though I've seen nothing but practice plays at a scrimmage, believe there will be much more in the passing game to work with this year.

First team looks pretty solid on both sides of the ball, still lacking depth after that.

But I do like Buechelle, he can throw the ball well. And we have a bunch of tall receivers: Johnson 6.6, Lil Jordan 6.5, several at 6.3, and they are all fast. Only RB we had tho was early enrollee Toenail, but he looked promising. All the others were sitting out w/minor injuries.

I believe the defense will be much improved, a lot of talent on that side of the ball. If we can just find some depth on the DL, and If Herman can get them to play, they'll be pretty good.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I enjoyed the Texas spring game. Buechelle to Colin Johnson duo looked very good. Think the little sophomore QB is going fit much better in this offense-even though I've seen nothing but practice plays at a scrimmage, believe there will be much more in the passing game to work with this year.

First team looks pretty solid on both sides of the ball, still lacking depth after that.

But I do like Buechelle, he can throw the ball well. And we have a bunch of tall receivers: Johnson 6.6, Lil Jordan 6.5, several at 6.3, and they are all fast. Only RB we had tho was early enrollee Toenail, but he looked promising. All the others were sitting out w/minor injuries.

I believe the defense will be much improved, a lot of talent on that side of the ball. If we can just find some depth on the DL, and If Herman can get them to play, they'll be pretty good.

Do ya'll really have a back named Toenail?
I bet the kids were relentless on that poor guy.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do ya'll really have a back named Toenail?
I bet the kids were relentless on that poor guy.

think his name is really Toneil or something like that. I dunno, just early enrollee RB. But he was the RB in the spring game, looked okay.

To me,he'll always be ToNail.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GriEER looked great, as good as advertised. IMO he will be in the Heisman hunt and wont be here next year so we better enjoy him.

WR group looked good but we still have to figure out the starting group. I think we are going to look a lot like the Texas A&M offense when they were solid a few years ago with this combo of big WR's with long arms and small scat WR's with Spavital calling plays.

We stole a gem out from under Dantonio and Harbaughs nose with RB Martell Pettaway (kids from Michigan), guy was impressive last year as a true frosh, he is transitioning to a beast of a D1 player now. Our new jitterbug from Louisiana is fun to watch too. We have the best RB unit in the conference in 2017.

Line looked pretty good all n all.

Defense looked decent though Gibson is still playing with the lineups a bit. They will be better than I thought by fall imo, I wasn't expecting a stellar unit but I feel better now. Gotta avoid injuries and stupidity through fall camp but if we do I think we will be pretty good again.

You say the line looked good? I hope so both offense and defensive had to replace some studs.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think his name is really Toneil or something like that. I dunno, just early enrollee RB. But he was the RB in the spring game, looked okay.

To me,he'll always be ToNail.

shit I cant even spell his name right. Glad I aint takin no Wonderlick test or somthing!

His name is Toenail.