• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Game Thoughts

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally don't put too much stock in Spring Games but a few quick notes. Corey Holmes and Justin Brent are much better than they were last year.

CJ Procise will steal carries from Greg Bryant. A lot of them. Bryant still has happy feet and totally whiffed on a block that if the QB's were live, would have killed them.

Niles Morgan spent the whole day on his ass. Even Amir Carlisle flattened him once.

Biggest offensive disappointment was Hunter Bivin. When he wasn't getting beat badly, he was committing stupid penalties.

Zaire and Golson are too close to call IMO. But these are first world problems. Conspiracy theory, on the trick play, Zaire let it get picked on purpose to screw up the stat line for Golson.

Jarrett Grace isn't even at 100% but he looked pretty good. Since Morgan looked terrible, that's a positive sign.

Tillery is as advertised.

I think they were pretty vanilla as they always are in Spring Games, and the D was maybe going 80%, so time will tell what we have, but I like the offensive depth.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense is going to be good. Oline is BIG. We have 3 weapons at RB. WRs look good. MZ makes plays. EG more efficient. Cant wait for the season. D didn't look great but not worried because the spring game is more for the offense.

Overall I think ND will be Fine.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched yet, we welcomed our 1st born into the family over the weekend, so I taped it...I can watch it with the little guy now, ya know....start him young!

Pretty disappointed to hear that about Morgan to be honest. Def going to be watching that one now....I know its a B&G game, but you don't want to see that.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Grace make a full recovery. And maybe get his 6th year. If we can get Smith back outside, Grace in the middle and Russell comes back strong, I think we can have a really good defense. Our O-line could be dominating which makes everything work on offense. I'm already getting ready for Texas. I really think this could be our year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan might be one of those top recruits that don't pan out. He just isn't getting it. He still has time.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too early to say that he won't pan out. I'm mostly interested to see who transfers because they will need at least 3 guys to transfer or someone to require a medical hardship waiver to get to 85 or 84 if Ishaq Williams comes back and it is looking like that may not happen.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think two TE will leave in Hounshell and Heuerman and VanGorder may not get a scholarship this year.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched yet, we welcomed our 1st born into the family over the weekend, so I taped it...I can watch it with the little guy now, ya know....start him young!

Pretty disappointed to hear that about Morgan to be honest. Def going to be watching that one now....I know its a B&G game, but you don't want to see that.
Congrats on the new family addition, Creep. Standby for many sleepness nights. :D :suds:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I got lucky and my wife handled most of the wake ups even though I told her I would do it she said it's easier for me to do it with her breastfeeding.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I got lucky and my wife handled most of the wake ups even though I told her I would do it she said it's easier for me to do it with her breastfeeding.
Well, did ya at least 'assist' during some of the breast feeding moments? :dhd:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son wouldn't have let me near them.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys! So far so good. Wife handles the feedings, I just have to get up and get the bottles, so it is not to bad.

Watched the game and boy do I love the WR on this team. This offense should drop so serious points on teams. That 70yrd bomb by MZ was just amazing. I thought both QB's played well and we will have no clue who starts till the ball is snapped. I thought the Def was pretty decent. I saw Morgan got hurt early, so lets hope that is why he was on his ass at some points, although he did get lit up, LOL. I though Redfield looked much better and more fluid. I expect big things from both him and Shumate. One guy who stood out to me was Okwara. He was getting of the line quick and getting some pressure, be nice to see that. Love the DL. Day, Jones, Hayes, Tillery and others...damn, the though of what they could do...and it seems we have some depth there now.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys! So far so good. Wife handles the feedings, I just have to get up and get the bottles, so it is not to bad.

Watched the game and boy do I love the WR on this team. This offense should drop so serious points on teams. That 70yrd bomb by MZ was just amazing. I thought both QB's played well and we will have no clue who starts till the ball is snapped. I thought the Def was pretty decent. I saw Morgan got hurt early, so lets hope that is why he was on his ass at some points, although he did get lit up, LOL. I though Redfield looked much better and more fluid. I expect big things from both him and Shumate. One guy who stood out to me was Okwara. He was getting of the line quick and getting some pressure, be nice to see that. Love the DL. Day, Jones, Hayes, Tillery and others...damn, the though of what they could do...and it seems we have some depth there now.

Soon we will be seeing your posts at 2:30 AM, or 4:45. Here's a tip. Let her sleep on the weekends.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon we will be seeing your posts at 2:30 AM, or 4:45. Here's a tip. Let her sleep on the weekends.

I work overnights, so that is why I am on so late. I plan to let her sleep on the weekends. I get home at 630a and I take him from there.