• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Game Game Thread:

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit sorry guys for missing this thread during the game... As you can see I'm not as active during the offseason... But if I knew I would have been here. Anyways, the game was really fun and helpful to watch. Liked the looks of the Defense and WR's.... Wimbush did have some turnovers though.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never put much weight on the spring game. The only thing I can take away is the potential is there to be good.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never put much weight on the spring game. The only thing I can take away is the potential is there to be good.
Overall I tend to agree. As much as the coaches say they want to be competitive, you know they're not going full bore at one another, nobody wants to be responsible for injuring someone (at least I hope that was the reason for the piss-poor tacking).

Also, the offenses are very basic, not like they want to reveal too much.

But the positives were that Wimbush is a physical specimen. Despite the two turnovers (only one of which was really his fault), he can zip the ball better than his two predecessors. The pass to Claypool on the sideline while rolling out was a thing of beauty. Also, he's got the moves. When they take the red shirt off of him and let him run zone read, he'll be difficult to account for.

Book can slide right in without any drop off, IMO.

Daelin Hayes is going to be difficult to stop on the outside, and its been a while since we had a good rush without having to disguse blitzes to do so.

Watching Drue Tranquill play rover, all I could think of was the line from The Force Awakens, "Chewie, we're home." If that's not his natural position, I dont' know what is, but he's going to have some impressive stats.