• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Depth Chart

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT - Scherff, Ward
LG - Boffeli, Simmons/Clark
C - Blythe, Gaul/Simmons
RG - Donnal, Walsh
RT - Van Sloten, Croston/Keppy
TE - Fiedorowicz, Hamilton
WR - Martin-Manley, Cotton
WR - Smith, Hillyer
QB - Rudock, Sokol/Beathard
RB - Weisman/Bullock, Canzeri
YB - Duzey, Krieger-Coble

DE - Ott, Hardy/McMinn
DT - Cooper, J. Johnson
DT - C. Davis, Ekakitie
DE - Alvis, McMinn/Venckus
OLB - Kirksey, Perry
MLB - Morris, Alston
WLB - Hitchens, Fisher
CB - Lowery, Fleming
CB - Lomax, Draper
SS - Law, Lowdermilk/Gair
FS - Miller, Lowdermilk/Gair

K - Meyer, Koehn
P - Kornbrath, Mullings

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy is we will have a great LB corp, secondary shouldn't be that bad, D line will be shaky...O line should be decent, receiving corp decent, backfield good and I still think we lose 6-7 games

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you guys feel comfortable saying they can compete for a big ten title, or is this a re-building year?

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy is we will have a great LB corp, secondary shouldn't be that bad, D line will be shaky...O line should be decent, receiving corp decent, backfield good and I still think we lose 6-7 games

I'm more worried about the secondary than I am the DLine. I really think Johnson can do great things. Most important thing is that the WR's finally look like tgey get it.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you guys feel comfortable saying they can compete for a big ten title, or is this a re-building year?

2 years minimum

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a Nebraska fan...I see max 7 wins this year...I also see Nebraska winning the division and giving up 70+ in the B1G championship game

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I'm going to call out 8-9 wins. We should be 6-0 going into Ohio State (I'm factoring in wins @ISU and @Minny which have both been tough games recently). We could be underdogs in both these games which may help??

I have us losing at "The Shoe", winning the next 3, a tight one at home with Mich that could go either way and, I always hate to say this, a loss to the Corn in Lincoln.

We could win as many as 10, but I think 8 are sure things.

Biggest question marks to me are QB and Secondary.

I expect to compete for a title every year.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Jordan Canzeri has looked really good so far this spring. After missing last year with a knee, we could use a shifty back to compliment the power of Weisman.

Our receivers are looking good as well and I'm hoping we go back to the TE as a primary target. CJF needs a monster year and it would take the pressure off having to go deep for Ruddock if he gets the nod.

With the experience we have a receiver, I'm not worried about that element. If our O line can gel and give a young QB some confidence, it could be a good year for the Offense in IC.

Besides an inexperienced secondary, our D looks pretty solid.

I'm comfortable saying we win 9 this year.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Lowery is looking very good this spring. So much so that he's expected to be the next CB drafted. The problem is that the other side has looked like a pile of shit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lomax, Draper and Fleming will all be fine. Watch out for #12 a fr from Texas, he was killing it at the workouts that I watched. Iowa's offensive line has three future Sunday players on it, four if you count the TE's. 9 wins min.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freshman...only if they are really in need does KF play freshman, guy is way too old school stodgy to play our freshman, which is frustrating. I really think we can get 8 but I also think things could go south and we get 2, which would be really bad for recruiting

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be one of those crazy years where we start a brand new QB and things just "click", ala Brad Banks circa 2002. The young-ish team is now a year more mature and I'm reading that Greg Davis is going to run the no-huddle pretty much exclusively....whether that means we're still handing the ball off and throwing 5 yd passes 85% of the time is another story.

I see about 6-8 wins, 6 being pessimistic, 8 being optimistic. I don't see us beating ISU, OSU or NE.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What games do you see as losses?
No. Illinois will give Iowa fits. I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa goes 2-2 in the OOC slate of games. Has KF beaten W. Michigan yet as Iowa's head coach?

Minnesota and Purdue might be the only 2 wins Iowa gets in the conference. Yikes, that means Iowa would have went 0-4 at home in conference.

I'll hold off until starters are announced and Iowa starts playing the games on the schedule. Giving the tendencies of KF, I won't expect much this year.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh, there's the Hoops pessimism that was lacking in these boards. Eh, welcome?

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an Eagles fan, he is used to it, Andy Reid conditioned them to this for years. Hoops, welcome, somewhere, somehow, please find some optimism...

BTW, do you play basketball a lot? What is the story with your name?

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye,

A name is a name. Mine that I use is no different than the one you use.

Yes, the Eagles seem to find any number of ways to lose games. I thought the organization should have traded TO for draft picks after reaching the Super Bowl. That draft had a pretty solid group of WRs coming out. I also thought they should have traded Vick while he was producing for draft picks....but again - no joy in Eagle Nation.

Based on my athletic ability, I've played a number of sports at a very high level. But that doesn't mean much when posted on a message board. I also have the coaches (and refs) eye, but again, that doesn't mean much. I wouldn't presume to bore anyone on a message board with any credentials - after all, it's a message board - where everyone is an expert.

Given divisional play in the B1G now, things are set up for Iowa to easily get to a minimum of 9 wins each season. I'd love to see KF get the program to that level - AND - keep it at that level.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wondered, I play ball every Tuesday with a group of guys, we are all getting old so just half court, but it is a lot of fun and I still can shoot decently, I make no pretenses what others post, but I do post from the heart and am honest

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malloy will find some playing time, he doesn't show up on the two deep but adds depth...for a walk on who has cleaned his act up after losing his full ride. I don't know if Ferentz will ever give him a scholarship, but if what I'm hearing is true, Ferentz can certainly give him a second chance if he proves his worth.