• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 Week 6 discussion

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama should still be behind Ole Miss???

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bama obviously moves up and Ole Miss is out of the top ten as is Georgia. OSU has to be dropped from the #1 slot. They are nowhere near a number 1 team and should be replaced by TCU. The schools most deserving of moving up significantly: Cal, Florida and Stanford (looks like their week 1 loss to Northwestern was a fluke).

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't ask me. I don't have a clue. I was the moron that said TCU was ripe for picking by Texas because of all their injuries on defense. And I thought Bama/Georgia and Baylor/Tech would be close games too. :L

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bama obviously moves up and Ole Miss is out of the top ten as is Georgia. OSU has to be dropped from the #1 slot. They are nowhere near a number 1 team and should be replaced by TCU. The schools most deserving of moving up significantly: Cal, Florida and Stanford (looks like their week 1 loss to Northwestern was a fluke).
If Jawja is any good, Bama's got to go back up. If Florida is good, Ole Miss can stay up. If Miss State is any good, A&M needs to go up. But, who the hell knows?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of goes to the point that rankings should not be released until after the 4th or 5th week of the season.
I'd take it out even further to about week 8 or week 9. I still don't think we know much yet. JMO

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dunno about that. Northwestern might just be pretty good. Not sure Bama deserves to be put ahead of a team one week removed from losing to that team at home but I am sure they will be. I agree with you on Ohio State. They do not look like the number 1 team. No idea who I would put there, however, as seems like everyone has struggled.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn between Utah and NW for number 1 in my poll. Leaning towards NW.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should we start sticking this thread as well or leave it be?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TCU has struggled every bit as much as Ohio State. They had to get very lucky to win last week. The only team that hasn't really seemed to struggle (that I have seen) is Baylor. But while real conferences were playing P5 games, or at least strong mid majors OOC, the Big 12 likes to play Division 2 teams OOC. And Baylor takes that to another level by just playing one guy named Lamar from those Division 2 teams. You start rewarding that scheduling and every team will go back to that crap.

What makes Stanford week one loss look like a fluke? Duke would be ranked if it weren't for NW, they might still be this week. NW destroyed Minnesota, who played TCU very close. The same TCU you say deserves to be #1. I mean I do agree that Stanford should move up a bit. In front of USC at the very least. But NW deserves to jump up significantly based on what they have done.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama got some redemption.
Ole Miss showed the world somethings fucky

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Ohio State is a top 5 team much less the #1 team.
The way they are playing looks sloppy.
Best 3 QB's in the nation, best RB, best DE is all we heard in the off season.
Live up to it or get pushed down in the rankings.
There are much better teams out there right now.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was Minnesota that did anything.
TCU does this with every road team for the most part even Kansas (except my crappy Horns).

This current era TCU has had a lot of close games on the road. They are shaky at best.
They tend to be invincible at home. They win by 34 point/game at home.

TCU barely win at all, or lose on the road. (-3, 1, 4, 6, 3 margin of victories in road games)

With game at Kstate, OSU, and OU..... I doubt TCU goes unscathed.
Baylor is far more balanced with home/away games lately.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could argue Bama and Ole Miss either way, both Georgia and Ole Miss were overrated

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bama should still be behind Ole Miss???

No you would have to corrupt the rankings to do that. There are simply to many teams Bama should be ahead of, and too many teams Ole Miss should be behind. Bama totally dominated Georgia, and you have to give them credit, and move them into the top 10 while Ole Miss got totally dominated, and so they have to have a HUGE drop at this point in the season. You have to really respond to what happens on the field especially since we are only at week 5.

I have Bama ranked #8, and Ole Miss #18. If it was close of course you put Ole Miss ahead of Bama, but you certainly can NOT do it that this point in the season.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU has struggled every bit as much as Ohio State. They had to get very lucky to win last week. The only team that hasn't really seemed to struggle (that I have seen) is Baylor. But while real conferences were playing P5 games, or at least strong mid majors OOC, the Big 12 likes to play Division 2 teams OOC. And Baylor takes that to another level by just playing one guy named Lamar from those Division 2 teams. You start rewarding that scheduling and every team will go back to that crap.

What makes Stanford week one loss look like a fluke? Duke would be ranked if it weren't for NW, they might still be this week. NW destroyed Minnesota, who played TCU very close. The same TCU you say deserves to be #1. I mean I do agree that Stanford should move up a bit. In front of USC at the very least. But NW deserves to jump up significantly based on what they have done.

Right now it doesn't look like Baylor has played anyone of merit...even if they haven't struggled. That Tech victory at Arky isn't looking like much...and now the OU win at Tennessee isn't looking impressive either. And right now we can shoot holes in all of them...like MSU's win over Oregon isn't looking so hot.

When teams get into conference things tend to level out....familiarity I guess. I'm not ready to discout tOSU and Sparty just yet....or anyone else that looked like they struggled.

And I'm the last one to defend Baylor's OOC schedule (or any other team that plays FCS schools). But Rice and SMU are FBS, non Power 5 schools which all Power 5 schools feast on. Lamar is the only outlier. Change Lamar with a Power 5 team and their OOC looks just about like everyone else's.