• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spezza to Dallas

Goldy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,059.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising to wake up to hear this, but like PuckingUgly said, they sure are looking to hangout with the cool crowd lately.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only has one year left on his contract right? Just curious if it's in the cards to still try Free Agency next year.

Speaking of which... T-minus two minutes until Free Agency kicks off.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only has one year left on his contract right? Just curious if it's in the cards to still try Free Agency next year.

As far as I have read, there was no extension in place after 2014-15. I think Spezza is taking a wait and see approach; depending on the success he and the Stars have will determine if he stays or goes.

Risky move to make if you're Jim Nill but then again the Senators basically gave him away. Same thing kind of happened with Kesler, I think if these two guys don't have NTC/NMCs the GMs get a lot more but the market for them was extremely limited.

There's been talk about possibly moving Thornton from SJ, but Doug Wilson can expect these types of returns since he too has a full NMC and on top of that has a 3 year deal that just started today at $6.75 million per season. They are screwed.

Both Thornton and Marleau signed huge extensions last year (T: 3 years/$20.25 million, M: 3 years/$20 million) and both were horrible decisions by Wilson. These guys are not winners, and now they are stuck with them.

Last edited by a moderator: