• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spartan Season

msuspartan73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense comes together they have a shot at B10 again. The defense is going to be awesome again. I would not be surprised if they have 3 shutouts, and 3 others without an offensive TD against. 12 wins is not out of the question if the offense averages 17 points a game.

FL.Spartan27

Florida Spartan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for predictions... who is with me?

This is how I can see things shaking out this season... :2cents:
W_Broncos
W_Bulls
W_Penguins
PL_Notre Dame*
BYE
W_Iowa*
W_Indiana
W_Purdue
W_Illinois*
W_Michigan
BYE
PL_Nebraska*
PL_Northwestern*
W_Minnesota
PL_Ohio State!

* = @ ! = BTCG W = win PL = possible loss

There is a lot to like about this schedule. Unfortunately, they probably won't be very battle tested when they head into South Bend. When I objectively think about the schedule it is the game I am most worried about followed by @NE and @NW. Luckily we will be plenty rested for that 2-game stretch which is one of the things to really like about this line-up. At Iowa is always tough, but I think we have some extra motivation for that one combined with the fact that Iowa is down and benefitted from the poor weather and missed call in SS last year. We look to matchup well against scUM again this year and will have homefield advantage and the revenge factor going for us. A potential rematch with Ohio State would be very interesting.

I will predict 11-2 with losses to Notre Dame and Northwestern and a return to the Rose Bowl. Wouldn't that be sweet!?
:agree:

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I think:
WMU: W
S. FLORIDA: W
YOUNGSTOWN ST: W
N.D. : W
IOWA: W
INDIANA: W
PURDUE: W
ILLINOIS: W
MICHIGAN: L
NEBRASKA: L
NORTHWESTERN: W
MINNESOTA : W

I think you guy's will go 10-2. I just think your offense will let you down in the 2 losses. And ND, I just don't like them to well and they will be coming of a loss to Michigan the week before.

FL.Spartan27

Florida Spartan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK

m77b, I cannot agree with you on Notre Dame. As much as my bias clouds my judgement concerning them, and as much as I despise their current head coach, I have to give them the edge in both games until I see State and UM in action i.e. improvement.

I can only assume that the reason you do not predict MSU in the B1G CG with a 10-2 record is because you see Nebraska there. I appreciate the favorable predictions with regard to the Spartans season, but IMHO there is NO WAY Michigan will get to the 10-2 mark.

Here is what I think:

CMU: W
ND: L
AKRON: W
@ UCONN: W
bye
MN: W
@ PSU: W
IU: W
bye
@ MSU: L
UNL: L
@ NU: W
@ IOWA: W
OSU: L

If Nebraska's D looks weak again maybe I could give them that game as well, but to me it is far more likely that the Wolverines trip up against NU, Iowa, or PSU. The back half of their schedule should prove at the very least to be fairly difficult. So I say 8-4 (9-3 at best). That is as objective/optimistic as I can be about it (like it or not). IDK, perhaps MSU loses to UNL and they end up 9-3. However, based on recent history and current rosters, I just don't see State losing to UM at home.

Luckily for you and I they still have to take the field and play the game so all of this is just for fun :) All I know is that you better pray that they can come up with more than four field goals this year or they are more than likely toast. While you do that, I will pray for some offense ;)

:hope:

Last edited by a moderator:

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FL27, This is what great about college football because any given day anybody can lose. The only reason I think that Michigan will beat MSU is because of your offense and we got a better qb now. It was to easy to gameplan for Drob then it would be for Gardner.
But with Golson out for the year because of academics, we should beat them and so, should you!!! And Hoke is undefeated at home.

Great for someone from the other team can write something without attacking and name calling.

MSUSpartan76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many unknowns.
Too many uncertainties.
I believe 6 wins is the minimum: WMU, USF, YSU, Illinois, UI, PU.
Some think Iowa and Minny will be challenges.
ND and UM and NWU and UNL all will be games to watch.
Can MSU run the table? Yes. Is it likely? Unknown.

msuspartan73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WMU: W
S. FLORIDA: W
YOUNGSTOWN ST: W
N.D. : W
IOWA: W
INDIANA: W
PURDUE: W
ILLINOIS: W
MICHIGAN: W
NEBRASKA: PL
NORTHWESTERN: W
MINNESOTA : W

After seeing the fall preview the other day I predict a least 8 wins. Questionable games being ND, NW, NE and scUM, but have chance to win all 4. The only 1 I'm really worried about is at NE. The defense is going to be 1 of the best in the country. I only see reloading, not rebuilding in the future for the team. That being said, I expect the team to have at least 9 wins every year for the foreseeable future. We luck out at not having Wisky and Bucks this season, but would love to prove the teams worth against the best. Play anyone anywhere works in Bball but not in Fball as well. Beat little blue guys, you've earned your stripes, now lets prove it on the field that last year was a fluke.

Spartaniac

Bleeding green...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't give up yet, '73. I think we will get to play either Wisconsin or Ohio State (though, not both) this Fall... - in Indianapolis!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
s'been a long, quiet summer...time to GET IT UP!

without prejudice and in all seriousness, here's how I think it'll shake out this year.

Broncos...Win...QB, RB, TE & WR concerns answered or...
Bulls...Win...ditto concerns...better have answers soon.
Penguins...Win...ditto concerns...must have answers (I assume they will.)
@Flighty Irish...Win...in S.Bend...decisively...(ruining ND's season; firing Sparty's up!)
BYE
@Hawkeyes...Win...after last year's embarrassment?...pummel city!
Hoosiers...Win...Don't even bother waking me when it's over.
Boilermakers...Win...Damn, is this one of the best dreams ever?
@Illini...Win...Yes, I believe it is...I'm dreaming we're 8-0 now!
Skunkbears...Win...pretentious bastids might beat MSU for the next 3 years...but not this year.
BYE
@Huskers...Win...MSU's O has it's best day of the year, the D goes #1 nationally...top 10 ranking.
@Wildcats...Win...Northwestern won't field half the players they started with (tough schedule.)
Gophers...Win...Against all odds and everybody's pre-season predictions...Fuck Em All!
Buckeyes...WIN...Best Game of the Season...smelln roses!
Cardinal...WIN...Dantonio voted Coach of the Year...Narduzzi becomes head coach of Notre Dame.

go green!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait....fridays almost here....

Grr h2s.....reading your last post about last years embarrassment vs iowa.....i was at that game.....freezing my ass off in the rain.....and we threw the ball in OT? Wtf? Having flashbacks dammmmit!

msuspartan73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not giving up bro, never give up the ship, I have not yet begun to fight, damn the torpedoes full steam ahead

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait....fridays almost here....Grr h2s.....reading your last post about last years embarrassment vs iowa.....i was at that game.....freezing my ass off in the rain.....and we threw the ball in OT? Wtf? Having flashbacks dammmmit!

Dec 29, 2012 Tempe, Ariz. Michigan State 17, TCU 16 Nov 24, 2012 Minneapolis, Minn. Michigan State 26, Minnesota 10 Nov 17, 2012 East Lansing, Mich. Northwestern 23, Michigan State 20 Nov 03, 2012 East Lansing, Mich. Nebraska 28, Michigan State 24 Oct 27, 2012 Madison, Wisconsin Michigan State 16, Wisconsin 13 Oct 20, 2012 Ann Arbor, MI Michigan 12, Michigan State 10 Oct 13, 2012 East Lansing, Mich. Iowa 19, Michigan State 16 Oct 06, 2012 Bloomington, Ind. Michigan State 31, Indiana 27 Sep 29, 2012 East Lansing, Mich. Ohio State 17, Michigan State 16 Sep 22, 2012 East Lansing, Mich. Michigan State 23, Eastern Michigan 7 Sep 15, 2012 East Lansing, Mich. Notre Dame 20, Michigan State 3 Sep 08, 2012 Mount Pleasant, Mich Michigan State 41, Central Michigan 7 Aug 31, 2012 East Lansing, Mich. Michigan State 17, Boise State 13

Home field advantage took a season-long vacation after Boise left. I blame Roushar's ineptitude and Dantonio's loyalty/confidence in Maxwell for the whole 2012 asscrap season. Roushar's gone. But Maxwell's still da man? Please excuse my guarded enthusiasm. (oh, btw, we've stockpiled three garage sale sacrifice sofas for this year's disappointments...just in case.)

:whistle:

Spartaniac

Bleeding green...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H2S, I only see two problems with your predicted 14-0 season. First, since you WERE "dreaming", how come you couldn't dream up a couple wins on those BYE weeks? 16-0. Ha, ha! Second, if we are 13-0, having just beaten tOSU in the "best game of the season", shouldn't we be playing the game AFTER the Rose Bowl (yet, still in Pasadena)? The maddeninng thing is, your projections are NOT unreasonable. Perhaps unlikely, but still...

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H2S, I only see two problems with your predicted 14-0 season. First, since you WERE "dreaming", how come you couldn't dream up a couple wins on those BYE weeks? 16-0. Ha, ha! Second, if we are 13-0, having just beaten tOSU in the "best game of the season", shouldn't we be playing the game AFTER the Rose Bowl (yet, still in Pasadena)? The maddeninng thing is, your projections are NOT unreasonable. Perhaps unlikely, but still...

:smokin:
without prejudice and in all seriousness...unless or until they fuck up.
:sleep:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a troll post at all....

but is this a typo, looking at msu's depth chart for week 1

10 ANDREW MAXWELL (6-3, 210, Sr.-5) OR
18 CONNOR COOK (6-4, 218, So.) OR
7 TYLER O’CONNOR (6-3, 215, R-Fr.) OR
6 DAMION TERRY (6-3, 222, Fr.)

Quad QB Controversy?

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a troll post at all....

but is this a typo, looking at msu's depth chart for week 1

10 ANDREW MAXWELL (6-3, 210, Sr.-5) OR
18 CONNOR COOK (6-4, 218, So.) OR
7 TYLER O’CONNOR (6-3, 215, R-Fr.) OR
6 DAMION TERRY (6-3, 222, Fr.)

Quad QB Controversy?

gee. ya think?

Maxwell's been around 5 years, knows the system, last season's output was 13 tds and 9 interceptions, has an arm (but for some reason few can catch his passes), can't scramble for shit, crumbles under pressure...but...well, he's been around.

Cook stepped in to Maxwell's shit a couple of times and pulled off victories for Sparty, most notably in the MSU/TCU Bowl game last year...but...Maxwell's been around.

O'Connor is a mystery...only mentions he seems to get are as a 'contender'...but

True freshman Terry, many think, probably has more upside than the three others combined (in last week's scrimmage, Dantonio put the kid in against the first-team defense, he completed 10 of 14 passes for 240 yards and three touchdowns...he'll probably be red shirted - a big mistake, imo.

msuspartan73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my 2 cents, but as a coach I would most likely redshirt all freshmen unless they can step in immediately, ie they already know the system or entered early to take part in spring ball. I would redshirt him, put him in as the starter on the scout team and get some "game" experience without using a year of eligibility sitting on the bench.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee, it's hard to get a post in edgewise, what with all this nonstop Spartan chatter...

:gaah:

but, GO GREEN!

Johnny Spartan

Big Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that offensive offense looked a lot like last years putrid shit. Fucking WR's dropping passes on critical downs, not getting seperation and basically looking bad out there. WR coach needs to be on the hot seat.

QB play, :doh:

healthy offensive line, nope not this year, again. :gaah:

The punter got a good workout last night :wtf2:

Good night to forget to bring my rain pancho to the game - :doh: blame it on too much yeager

Defense - :clap:

Punt returns - :lame:

the weather - :bullshit:

Happy 2013 Season

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Gary Harris injured his ankle (out for at least 4 weeks) in a pickup game recently. fuck, the news out of EL sure could be better, couldn't it?

only pussies take rain ponchos or brellas...thank your Jaeger. don't blame it.

put the freshman QB in, MD...c'mon, yield to popular common sense for a change!