• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sounds like we have our new OC

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should become official today or tomorrow, Joe Moorhead, current HC at Fordham, has been OC at several FBS places, runs a no huddle offense that works at various tempos and is pretty ballanced. Had a 1700yd rusher and 3k passer this year and had one team with a 1k rusher and 3 1k WR. Also is a Pittsburgh native and PCC grad (Hamlin Hs). He also doe sa lot iwth guards and tackles doing doubles pulls on runs, with all the athletic OL we've been bringing in (especially guys like Menet and Bates) this will suit us well. Really like the hire

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he does well. He has the talent on the roster and commits coming in so lets see what he can do.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I'm excited

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He meets my minimum requirements... He's run an offense ranked higher than #50 in the past. It's not a home run hire out of the gates, but only time will tell how well he works out.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He meets my minimum requirements... He's run an offense ranked higher than #50 in the past. It's not a home run hire out of the gates, but only time will tell how well he works out.

Meets minimum requirements? this guy ran an offense where he had a 4000 yd passer, 3 - 1000 yd WR and a 1000 RB on the same team. Dig around and see how many times you find that anywhere. He runs a system that adapts to the players and can cover weaknesses, lost 30 players from his squad and was breaking in a new QB this year and still averaged 38ppg and hung almost 40 on an Army team we struggled to put 20 on, watch this video if you are curious to see what his concepts are on offense. He runs a passing scheme like BOB the way his routes develop and give options to the WR and QB and his offense is also RB friendly for multiple backs. He gets speed in open spaces. His connections in Western PA and specifically being a PCC grad won't hurt either. He's very well respected as a very creative offensive mind

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a link to their full game vs Army....they hung 37 pts and 450 yards on a team we put 20 and 250 on.....

This offense with Sanders and Saquon in backfield, the mobile QB's we brought in and all the speed on the outside we have....I'm so ready for Blue-White game. Recruits seem very excited about the hire, I know Sanders in particular loves how it fits him and how many ways they can get him the ball in space, plus all the 2 RB sets

Last edited:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's wait till this time next year to comment on whether this is a good hire or not.

Penn State could have hired (insert horrible offensive coordinator here) and LBU will be saying its the greatest hire and we will win 6 National Championships with him. LBU just busting your balls man.

I agree we need to wait and see what he can do. Give him 2-3 years before any full judgement. I'm still not sold on Franklin being a good coach. The man can recruit but his play calling/ time management (might have been Donovan's) have left me shaking my head at times. With Moorhead LBU is listing that he once had a 4000 yd passer, 3 - 1000 yd WR and a 1000 RB on the same team. Well that's against FBS opponents. I'm not saying Moorhead was a bad or good hire, I'm saying I think its way to early to judge.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State could have hired (insert horrible offensive coordinator here) and LBU will be saying its the greatest hire and we will win 6 National Championships with him. LBU just busting your balls man.

I agree we need to wait and see what he can do. Give him 2-3 years before any full judgement. I'm still not sold on Franklin being a good coach. The man can recruit but his play calling/ time management (might have been Donovan's) have left me shaking my head at times. With Moorhead LBU is listing that he once had a 4000 yd passer, 3 - 1000 yd WR and a 1000 RB on the same team. Well that's against FBS opponents. I'm not saying Moorhead was a bad or good hire, I'm saying I think its way to early to judge.

Players already raving about him after meeting with him and seeing a brief glimpse of his system. Everyone who's ever worked with or played for the guy raves about him as well. His system can cover a lot of flaws, he adjusts to what's being thrown at him unlike Donovan who kept pounding square peg into round hole. Offense is perfect for guy like McSorely, and we have weapons all over the place at skill positions.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players already raving about him after meeting with him and seeing a brief glimpse of his system. Everyone who's ever worked with or played for the guy raves about him as well. His system can cover a lot of flaws, he adjusts to what's being thrown at him unlike Donovan who kept pounding square peg into round hole. Offense is perfect for guy like McSorely, and we have weapons all over the place at skill positions.

Merry Christmas Linebacker U!!!