• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sounds like its about to hit the fan

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the only hope is that Russell can get back into school for his senior season.

Pretty sure he can go pro after this season if he wants. I don't think he can transfer because he's not in good academic standing. Maybe he will feel the need to come back for another years to improve himself for the draft.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering how 'deep' this investigation will go ... there might be more. :noidea:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once, just once, can I get through a season (and offseason) without some earth shattering drama around this program. Either the on-field product is abyssmal, or once they start to get that un-fucked, off-field issues come up. This was the quietest off-season in a while and BAM. Not one, but FOUR players, and I'd say 3 very important ones.

Russell hurts bad. He was a very solid player and I think was poised to take the next step.

Davaris Daniels (dumbass got kicked out once) seemed like Golson's favorite target after Eifert and would have been this year.

Ishaq Williams, sure, not up to the hype, but was finally in his natural spot this year and could have been great at a position we are thin at.

All three are replaceable, but no doubt about it, from a football fan standpoint, this hurts.

From a future recruiting standpoint, this also stinks. ND is going to have a hard time selling itself as a special place if the terms "academic fraud" are being thrown around. Now I think that phrase is being thrown around loosely right now, as it could be these guys were cheating and got caught. Or it could be more sinsister of the UNC vareity or prof's covering up bad grades. Either one will damage the school's reputation and will be used negatively in the future.

Was really looking forward to this season too.

PS, nothing I have seen has mentioned anything about vacating wins. The four are gone, but I haven't heard for how long, but I assume the year at least.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin A'. How could Daniels be kicked out of school again? Didn't he just get re-admitted? Doesn't seem like he'd have time to cheat...

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since the arrival of Brian Kelly, it's been nothing but scandals.

:nod: Good point ... no arguments from me.

Yall takin a break from the PF? Gotta admit, a lot of the noobs sure are providing some 'entertainment' over there. :laugh:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like a school official helped them cheat so this might be a much bigger issue much like the UNC deal. Notre Dame might not return to post season play for a year or two if it goes that deep.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,948.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is just too bad. terrible that it comes out just as the football season is about to start

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like a school official helped them cheat so this might be a much bigger issue much like the UNC deal. Notre Dame might not return to post season play for a year or two if it goes that deep.

Jesus ... this is surprising. This is sounding worse each post. :L

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this has been all internal investigation? I'm glad that ND holds their students accountable.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be a presser at 6pm. The official statement just released says that this was the result of an internal investigation. At the end of the summer session, they discovered the academic violations and initated the investigation. They also notified the NCAA. Their office of general counsel started the investigation on July 29, 2014. I take that to mean they found out about the cheating on July 29, started the investigation, and are finding out it may be more than just this year. That's why ND said it will investigate and if any of the players were ineligible for prior years, they will voluntarily vacate those wins. The players (and other students involved) are still enrolled while the investigation goes on.

My other takeaway is that the rumor of 22 players is BS. They knew enough to get the 4 off the team, and that other students are involved. Why wouldn't they have pulled the trigger on the other 22?

I am bummed about the losses of the players, but these guys gotta take their medicine and face the consequences. I am more bummed about the potential of vacated wins because we may lose 2012, 2013, and will fall behind Michigan for all time win %, probably indefinitely. Those smug c*cksuckers.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: Good point ... no arguments from me.

Yall takin a break from the PF? Gotta admit, a lot of the noobs sure are providing some 'entertainment' over there. :laugh:

A little bit, been a little busy as of late. But the PF is one of my favorite forums here, so I'll be back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once, just once, can I get through a season (and offseason) without some earth shattering drama around this program. Either the on-field product is abyssmal, or once they start to get that un-fucked, off-field issues come up. This was the quietest off-season in a while and BAM. Not one, but FOUR players, and I'd say 3 very important ones.

Russell hurts bad. He was a very solid player and I think was poised to take the next step.

Davaris Daniels (dumbass got kicked out once) seemed like Golson's favorite target after Eifert and would have been this year.

Ishaq Williams, sure, not up to the hype, but was finally in his natural spot this year and could have been great at a position we are thin at.

All three are replaceable, but no doubt about it, from a football fan standpoint, this hurts.

From a future recruiting standpoint, this also stinks. ND is going to have a hard time selling itself as a special place if the terms "academic fraud" are being thrown around. Now I think that phrase is being thrown around loosely right now, as it could be these guys were cheating and got caught. Or it could be more sinsister of the UNC vareity or prof's covering up bad grades. Either one will damage the school's reputation and will be used negatively in the future.

Was really looking forward to this season too.

PS, nothing I have seen has mentioned anything about vacating wins. The four are gone, but I haven't heard for how long, but I assume the year at least.

I agree JJC. Every year its something. Not a good look for Kelly.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow sucks big time. No one cares about vacated games. Everyone knows who won.
But it does show you to be caerfull saying players are RKGs and other teams have thugs or cheaters . You never know when you have 80 something players you're bound to have some idiots. It's too bad these players didn't think about their friends on the team just like Bush didn't . Hopefully your season is not affected too bad.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow sucks big time. No one cares about vacated games. Everyone knows who won.
But it does show you to be caerfull saying players are RKGs and other teams have thugs or cheaters . You never know when you have 80 something players you're bound to have some idiots. It's too bad these players didn't think about their friends on the team just like Bush didn't . Hopefully your season is not affected too bad.

Well, biggest blow hands down is Russell. Who else is gonna crack Agholor's ribs? :whistle:

But on top of everything else, what a freaking distraction. Was actually looking forward to being pleasantly surprised, even though they have a very tough schedule on paper. Now losing some key guys and the media crapstorm that will follow, just kinda feel disinterested all of the sudden. Here's hoping the coaches and players don't share my sentiments.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so 4 players are being held out. No mention of any NCAA violation. Hopefully the sky isn't really falling like I thought it was 2 hours ago.

aka50

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to watch it play out. The NCAA is not involved yet, but 2012 and 2013 could be vacated seasons. That would surprise me though. And what does that mean regardless? How did it really affect USC?

Not sure how you you go the expulsion route with these four when Golson was guilty of the same infraction.

The question in my mind is why did it take all summer to get to this?