• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sorry, Felix, but...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the spring training was underway, Felix was planning on playing with a different style, an "angry" style, to try and silence his critics from over the last couple of seasons, from an article I read on the MLB At Bat app on my phone.

I think the critics may be coming back after his failure to show up in Detroit.

Here's the article I found:
Felix Hernandez focused on return to form

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me he looked like pre-CY Felix coming into the season that was lost on the mound and overweight year in and out. He can say he was in great shape all he wants, and that he added muscle to his legs and whatever. He came into the season overweight period. His best years were slim, precise, focused, and completely engaged. We wasted his career like AZ wasted Larry Fitzgeralds; at least Fitz has been to the playoffs and SB. Thanks Seattle!

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Krueger got kinda pissed when they first read the "dead arm" thing about Felix and went on a rant about the WBC putting too much wear on these guys early.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Krueger got kinda pissed when they first read the "dead arm" thing about Felix and went on a rant about the WBC putting too much wear on these guys early.

I missed that, but it is true. Good info.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing regarding Felix and Smyly about 3 weeks ago and someone, forget who it was honestly, said I was out of my mind and show proof...I showed some Smyly mph prior to WBC, during and after, but that wasn't sufficient. welp, here we are, both starting pitchers we sent to the WBC on DL with "dead arm". These pros have been going through the same spring training routine for years. It is asinine to believe that a modification to the process in which they ramp up 3-4 weeks early won't have debilitating effects on the arm.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing regarding Felix and Smyly about 3 weeks ago and someone, forget who it was honestly, said I was out of my mind and show proof...I showed some Smyly mph prior to WBC, during and after, but that wasn't sufficient. welp, here we are, both starting pitchers we sent to the WBC on DL with "dead arm". These pros have been going through the same spring training routine for years. It is asinine to believe that a modification to the process in which they ramp up 3-4 weeks early won't have debilitating effects on the arm.

Don't you just love it when your proof comes to real life and that person debating you on your first comment can now eat a plate of crow.......

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The WBC is seriously one of the dumbest ideas MLB has had since they play in spring training. Extend the AS break and play it there, players don't seem like they want to play in the AS game, the ratings suck and plus a HR derby that includes power hitters who most baseball fans don't know would be awesome IMO.