• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooner board roll call

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be the one to break the news to you Sooner fans, but OU is on it's way south in college football relevance. You had your shot at derailing that Notre Dame fraud train, but came up empty, thus subjecting the country to yet another BCS Title sleeper. Stoops is simply collecting a paycheck these days for himself and baby bro and a 4th place finish in the Big 12 looks likely.

Why are you posting in my thread with a weak troll attempt? Go hangout on the Utah board, surely that is buzzing with activity.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Boys made an appearance on one of the CBS basketball game threads I think....

Someone mentioned this site.

His hatred of OU is legendary and neverending. This might actually be him....

We have our own Aggie trolls who never stop posting Texas crap, so I feel the pain.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Boys made an appearance on one of the CBS basketball game threads I think....

We have our own Aggie trolls who never stop posting Texas crap, so I feel the pain.

This isn't espn Disney and it certainly isn't CBS. If someone is going to attempt to troll my board at least do it intelligently and entertain us, otherwise they will just make themselves look dumb...just remember the best posters are also the best at trolling. Know what happens when you play with fire.

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"hate to be the one to break the news to you Sooner fans, but OU is on it's way south in college football relevance. You had your shot at derailing that Notre Dame fraud train, but came up empty, thus subjecting the country to yet another BCS Title sleeper. Stoops is simply collecting a paycheck these days for himself and baby bro and a 4th place finish in the Big 12 looks likely."

He might be trolling but that doesnt take any truth away from his comment.

Stoops just has no fear factor and his 10 win seasons just don't cut when you get smoked in a bowl game. The Sooners looked good in the first half against aTm, but what in gods name did they discuss at halftime? I'll give him credit for beating Iowa, UConn, and Stanford, but the aTm game was coached horribly. Recruiting is taking a huge hit and without talent he has nothing to add to the defense. He's unmatched when it comes to QB's and Lineman. Hell, his offense is never short of awesome. Two HT winners in the last 10 years and it should have been three. If Stoops would put half the effort into defense as he does offense he would probably get praise instead of complaints.

BTW- Nice Website!:suds:

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"hate to be the one to break the news to you Sooner fans, but OU is on it's way south in college football relevance. You had your shot at derailing that Notre Dame fraud train, but came up empty, thus subjecting the country to yet another BCS Title sleeper. Stoops is simply collecting a paycheck these days for himself and baby bro and a 4th place finish in the Big 12 looks likely."

He might be trolling but that doesnt take any truth away from his comment.

Stoops just has no fear factor and his 10 win seasons just don't cut when you get smoked in a bowl game. The Sooners looked good in the first half against aTm, but what in gods name did they discuss at halftime? I'll give him credit for beating Iowa, UConn, and Stanford, but the aTm game was coached horribly. Recruiting is taking a huge hit and without talent he has nothing to add to the defense. He's unmatched when it comes to QB's and Lineman. Hell, his offense is never short of awesome. Two HT winners in the last 10 years and it should have been three. If Stoops would put half the effort into defense as he does offense he would probably get praise instead of complaints.

BTW- Nice Website!:suds:

Oh I agree and I'm sure everyone else will as well. You know he is feeling pressure from Castigilone and the ou boosters. This is evident with the hiring of a new coaching staff. Oklahoma is my team, but I am also a fan of cfb in general, which makes me more of a realist than a typical homer. At the end of the day they make the decisions. Like goldbug said, this could be stoops last hoorah at the University.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, 7National. Appreciate the welcome.

As far as Stoops goes, I do think he has been complacent. I don't know if last season was a wakeup call or not but if the buttwhooping in the Cotton wasn't, then he's not asleep, he's comatose. I hope he rekindles the fire because my best memories of Stoops came at the beginning of the 2000 season when he adopted the "No Excuses" motto. Lately he's been too willing to accept excuses.

I, too, am a realist. This could be a long season. But I still can't wait for it to start!!

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, 7National. Appreciate the welcome.

As far as Stoops goes, I do think he has been complacent. I don't know if last season was a wakeup call or not but if the buttwhooping in the Cotton wasn't, then he's not asleep, he's comatose. I hope he rekindles the fire because my best memories of Stoops came at the beginning of the 2000 season when he adopted the "No Excuses" motto. Lately he's been too willing to accept excuses.

I, too, am a realist. This could be a long season. But I still can't wait for it to start!!

Combine that with the predictable play calling, if us regular fans know what play they are are going to run you damn well better believe the opposing d coordinator knows as well. I remember early in stoops career he would take risks, fake punt here, go for it in 4th and 1 to keep a drive going, best way I can explain it is that I feel he has lost his edge. Hopefully these new coaches coming in will sharpen him up a bit.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wardog...outlaw, good to have y'all here on the hoop, welcome.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive talent has taken a nose dive.

'99-'05
12 Defensive All American's
2 Thorpe winners
2 Butkus winners
2 Nagurski winners
Lombardi winner

'06-'12
5 Defensive All American's
0 award winners

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the welcome guys - good to have found this site & see some old friends. I do hope Badazz finds his way over here too - he's totally hard core OU.

Since I'm in Louisville - I depend on you guys to keep up to date on Sooner news & developments...and as you know, my OU loyalty may look Cardinal red, but my passion for Oklahoma Football is true.

Boomer Baby - Stay Strong.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess everyone made the move since CBS killed off their message boards.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's our boy DB, Mention OU and he slips into stupid mode. What a maroon....

Fatdaddy is here, but he's the only other UT fan I've seen from the CBS board. Like to see Charlie, otherwise, I really don't care.

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here, here, the gang's (almost) all here. SoonerAlum and Scape have officially entered the building.

How do you log on at CBS? I've forgotten.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
twirl1.gif

35kr9zk.jpg

Boomer Sooners

Sooooo, im here.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big OU fan here (Just ask Hornsstampede). On a side note, they are not my actual CFB team as I'm a Bruins fan. I guess now you guys can understand how I need a real team to root for. LOL Hopefully that will change soon enough with Jim Mora Jr but even then I'll always root for OU save the H2H with the Bruins!

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ou-hurdle2-10-13-12.gif

Hoping for a great season.....