• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something BIG brewing in Lincoln

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not announcing anything cause we’ve already got our replacement locked up so it doesn’t matter how bad Rile Dog and his crew fuck up, beyond Moose keeping his word, which is rule #1
Everything adds up to SF being our next coach, Florida moved on to Chirp at #2 for a reason and there’s no smoke about SF being legitimately mentioned in negotiations with any other school. If SF was planning on staying at UCF he would just say that.
Just semantics right now in how long after MR is fired till our new coach is announced. En sech

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year, 18, being a very significant # in Nebraska history as the finishing touch, only fitting that SF should start out the new era as Coach instead of QB and the curse will be lifted

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change the locks on his office during the game, send him a text.

Pack his shit in boxes and stack them neatly outside the door though. He is a nice guy after all.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B5166178-F967-4291-9C30-3BE3DA122318.jpeg

Saw on HB but too funny not to post

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I go to Orlando and visit UCF on Thursday.

I watch a little practice in my Nebraska Sweatshirt. I was hard to miss.

Scott Frost tells UCF he is taking Nebraska job. Makes you go hmmmm......., don't it?

Brad Stephens (@BradKCTV5) | Twitter

I fricking hate twitter

I especially like this tweet because Dirk Chatelain is a douche and he feels butt hurt.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting reads on the UCF forums

UCF Fan Forum | UCFSports.com

Nebraska has statues of coaches that won National Championships, UCF has a statue of George O'Leary, the guy they fired for going 0-12.

UCF Knights247 Board

You cannot buy booze in Florida before 9 AM.
You cannot buy booze on Sundays.
Florida has just about every natural disaster covered. No blizzards.
Florida has flooding.
Florida has hurricanes.
Florida has sinkholes.
Florida has bad fog during the cold months.
Florida has fires.
You have over twice as much chance to be murdered in Florida than Nebraska.
You have a 50% more chance of a violent crime in Florida than in Nebraska.
Nebraska is better at handing out high school diplomas and Bachelor's Degrees than Florida.
Florida burglary rate 729 per 100,000, Nebraska 423 per 100,000
Car Insurance annually, Florida $1,830 Nebraska $1,317

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just tired of stupid people saying "there is nothing to do in Nebraska". I used to get that all the time when i lived in New Jersey. I just simply asked back, "What do you want to do?" they would throw out "go to the beach", i'd be like, "we have beaches, they are around lakes instead of the ocean, but we have beaches." then they'd say, "NYC". I'd be like, "so you need to travel somewhere else to get your entertainment? I can do that from Nebraska too." Boom! conversation over.

but seriously that's all you need to do. ask them what they can do in their location? what are they going to name? go the movies? go to the mall? go to theater? go to clubs? go to concerts? all crap you can say we have in Nebraska.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just tired of stupid people saying "there is nothing to do in Nebraska". I used to get that all the time when i lived in New Jersey. I just simply asked back, "What do you want to do?" they would throw out "go to the beach", i'd be like, "we have beaches, they are around lakes instead of the ocean, but we have beaches." then they'd say, "NYC". I'd be like, "so you need to travel somewhere else to get your entertainment? I can do that from Nebraska too." Boom! conversation over.

but seriously that's all you need to do. ask them what they can do in their location? what are they going to name? go the movies? go to the mall? go to theater? go to clubs? go to concerts? all crap you can say we have in Nebraska.

I would like to smoke a little chronic without getting arrested

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just price gouged going to the Orlando fun parks. Waited HOURS in long lines for diddly. I basically paid $140 bucks per day (times family of four) to take a long walk and be stuck in a crowd filled with inconsiderate people. That does not include room, flights, and food. I bet if I added it up, that was around $5,000 we spent and my wife and I came home with a contagious as hell cold. She has an ear ache on top of that.

I have way more fun in Las Vegas than Orlando. I can avoid the crowds
I had way more fun going to Playa del Carmen than Orlando. way less crowded
I had way more fun going to Quebec City than in Orlando. way less crowded
I had way more fun going to Hawaii than in Orlando. way less crowded
I had more fun going to wine country in California than in Orlando. way less crowded.
I have way more fun skiing in Colorado, Utah, or Nevada than in Orlando. Although ticket prices have reached ridiculous prices.

I am not sure if my wife can ever talk me into going to Orlando/Miami/Tampa Bay for a vacation again. Pensacola, yes, I would do that again.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just price gouged going to the Orlando fun parks. Waited HOURS in long lines for diddly. I basically paid $140 bucks per day (times family of four) to take a long walk and be stuck in a crowd filled with inconsiderate people. That does not include room, flights, and food. I bet if I added it up, that was around $5,000 we spent and my wife and I came home with a contagious as hell cold. She has an ear ache on top of that.

I have way more fun in Las Vegas than Orlando. I can avoid the crowds
I had way more fun going to Playa del Carmen than Orlando. way less crowded
I had way more fun going to Quebec City than in Orlando. way less crowded
I had way more fun going to Hawaii than in Orlando. way less crowded
I had more fun going to wine country in California than in Orlando. way less crowded.
I have way more fun skiing in Colorado, Utah, or Nevada than in Orlando. Although ticket prices have reached ridiculous prices.

I am not sure if my wife can ever talk me into going to Orlando/Miami/Tampa Bay for a vacation again. Pensacola, yes, I would do that again.
Orlando is a 2nd home to me. So.... I love it

Tampa too.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando is a 2nd home to me. So.... I love it

Tampa too.

I will go to see one of these

Florida's Space Coast Launches

Date: December 8, 2017

Vehicle: SpaceX Falcon 9 CRS 13

Mission: A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the 15th Dragon spacecraft mission on its 13th operational cargo delivery flight to the International Space Station. The flight is being conducted under the Commercial Resupply Services contract with NASA. Delayed from Sept. 13 and Nov. 1. The Falcon 9 rocket’s first stage will return to landing at Landing Zone-1 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.

**Launch date is only tentative and subject to change**

Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center- Launch site LC-40

Launch Window: 1:20 PM

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mission: A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the 15th Dragon spacecraft mission on its 13th operational cargo delivery flight to the International Space Station. The flight is being conducted under the Commercial Resupply Services contract with NASA. Delayed from Sept. 13 and Nov. 1. The Falcon 9 rocket’s first stage will return to landing at Landing Zone-1 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.

I so much miss watching the STS launches

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We lived in Titusville when I was a kid.
My dad worked on the Gemini and Apollo rocket programs at the Cape. The media called them rocket launches, but dad and everyone in the program called them 'missile shots'. I got to see a lot of shots in the 60's. The best were when they came out with the Saturn V engines. Everything for miles rattled when those babies went off.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey RA did they punch through the Earth's firmament?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASA is just a cover up for government spending

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HuskerinBig10 what is it that you have "heard" that is well buttoned up? how is it that you heard it if it is well buttoned up? what does what you heard have to do with? Are you just reading from some farmers almanac?

I have someone I trust that told me that an agreement had been met and it was legally binding. They said it was a four year deal, but it could change based on market conditions to be in Scott's favor. The gist of it was, SCOTT FROST would be the coach for 2018, and Mike Riley was being terminated.

I have talked to this person since then, but we do NOT talk about coaching changes other than bitch and moan about that current football game for that weekend. Yes, this person is an avid Nebraska Cornhusker fan. Since I am heavily left brained, I do not feel the need to pester someone about something that they told me is a fact when I trust this person. Good enough for me, details will come out later since the contract still had to have the Ts crossed and the Is dotted.

How did this person know it? No comment. None of your business.

The reason I said buttoned up was because it did not seem anyone over in Nebraska had heard anything. I was hoping some of you had heard something to either shoot it down or maybe confirm it.

Which means, I was told something that I should not have been told, but this person was so giddy with the news they wanted to tell someone, and it was me.

How is it I heard it? Maybe because this person and I have a very long term relationship of some sort.

I was excited to share the news and I wanted to tell the other Cornhusker fans to help them remain calm. I know I have not sweated the coaching hire one Iota. But some of you seem to have been sweating it. Which means, people here do not trust me.

Next time, I am not telling anyone on this board anything I have been told. I am also contemplating leaving this forum over this issue.

Enjoy Playoff Weekend.