• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Somebody needs to tell Darryl Sutter

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that the Calgary Flames play in the Western Conference. The following is what I would expect from a fan, not the GM of a team...

“We were all disappointed that we didn’t make the playoffs,” Sutter said. “We had a better record than Philadelphia or Montreal. We could just as easily be sitting here talking and be in the same situation as Philadelphia.”

Ah no, you moron, you have to be in the top 8 in your conference to make the playoffs. I'm telling ya, he's cracking up...

Read more: Public vote of confidence no big deal to Flames? GM

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know if was brought up on these boards but how about the timing of that vote of confidence for Sutter

it came the day after Yzerman took the Tbay job

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know if was brought up on these boards but how about the timing of that vote of confidence for Sutter

it came the day after Yzerman took the Tbay job

It wasn't brought up, but I did read that Yzerman was interested in the Flames GM role, but Calgary waited way too long to get in the Stevie Y sweepstakes. Ken King and the rest of the braintrust are trying my patience.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We were all disappointed that we didn’t make the playoffs,” Sutter said. “We had a better record than Philadelphia or Montreal. We could just as easily be sitting here talking and be in the same situation as Philadelphia.”

Ah no, you moron, you have to be in the top 8 in your conference to make the playoffs.

Why did he even bother opening his mouth? :rolleyes:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you think next year holds for calgary dash?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you think next year holds for calgary dash?

Well, that's a darn good question matt. The Flames seem to have built up a glut of defensemen, so I'm hoping Sutter can move someone or a package to bring in a skilled forward. If that doesn't happen, then the Flames need a bunch of guys to bounce back from bad years (Langkow, Moss, JayBo to name three). They wasted a great year from Kipper last season, he'll have to have another great year for the Flames to stay in the playoff chase.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Well, that's a darn good question matt. The Flames seem to have built up a glut of defensemen, so I'm hoping Sutter can move someone or a package to bring in a skilled forward. If that doesn't happen, then the Flames need a bunch of guys to bounce back from bad years (Langkow, Moss, JayBo to name three). They wasted a great year from Kipper last season, he'll have to have another great year for the Flames to stay in the playoff chase.

odd, that was pretty much the exact opposite of the canucks' season.

we had career years from so many players, which were largely wasted by an 'un-stellar' year by Luongo.
I'm concerned those who reached last season may revert to the mean, and even more concerned that Luongo won't bounce back to elite status.

I am really looking forward to camp though, finally have some interesting prospects

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach could turn anyone into winners in any sport. the 85 Bears were the greatest team in the history of sports.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's a darn good question matt. The Flames seem to have built up a glut of defensemen, so I'm hoping Sutter can move someone or a package to bring in a skilled forward.

this is what would scare me the most. Look at what you got back for Dion. I would not say that Sutter is the best talent in the world for judging player for player trades. Maybe that is what King is doing, bringing in an assistant for him but really its his replacement (to save face for sutter) and will be calling the shots. Flames are in a crossroads as I see it, they are either about to blow up or get locked into mediocrity (ala Canucks) for drafting and current players.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what would scare me the most. Look at what you got back for Dion. I would not say that Sutter is the best talent in the world for judging player for player trades. Maybe that is what King is doing, bringing in an assistant for him but really its his replacement (to save face for sutter) and will be calling the shots. Flames are in a crossroads as I see it, they are either about to blow up or get locked into mediocrity (ala Canucks) for drafting and current players.

It has become clear that Dion needed to be moved, as there were some dressing room issues. The question I would have would be why not wait until the end of the season when you have 29 other teams with available cap space rather than close to the trade deadline when you can only make a deal with a few teams. Desperation makes a man do foolish things, I guess.