• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some sad news to pass on - RIP Bossman

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe man horrible news. One of the true vets out here.

RIP Bossman

Always enjoyed the banter

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I didn't know Bossman the same way a lot of you did, I know that he really loved this board and the people on it. I think it was a two way street -- Bossman made everyone's life around here a bit better, and in turn, everyone around here made Bossman's life a bit better.

Man, I'm really going to miss making those game threads and having Bossman lol'ing at the title; that really meant a lot to me.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I conversed with Bossman in the swamp and on here. Seemed like a guy you could stop on the street and he would help you if you asked or just lend an ear if you needed to rant. Got the vibe that it would take a lot to get him truly pissed off. If only the world had more guys like him.

RIP Steve. I hope they blast that goal horn for ya one last time.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I conversed with Bossman in the swamp and on here. Seemed like a guy you could stop on the street and he would help you if you asked or just lend an ear if you needed to rant. Got the vibe that it would take a lot to get him truly pissed off. If only the world had more guys like him.

RIP Steve. I hope they blast that goal horn for ya one last time.

For Steve...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBX-aBzblqs]Buffalo Sabres Goal Horn 2014 HD - YouTube[/ame]

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WestEndVol messaged me on twitter to pass on the sad news. Steve was a great guy. He would message me frequently to check in or make sure I wasn't offended by his jokes (I never was) or to help me mediate issues. Truly sad to hear of his passing. And I hope there's a lot of pretty young nurses up there to keep him busy :)

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you back, Vee. Sorry it's under such sad circumstances. Please stick around.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, dare. I've been meaning to drop by but you know...life.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys and Gals,
Not sure if you have heard, but Bossman (Steve Krol) passed away a few days ago. This is an entry from his facebook page from a family member:

This is to all Steve / Carl / Bossman's friends. Bossman passed away this weekend in his home in his beloved city of Buffalo,NY. He thought the world of all his internet friends. Brian, Lee, and I thank you for all your kind thoughts. Cindy

I know that Steve had been battling several ailments over the last few years, but he seemed to be fairing a bit better as of late. He certainly loved his Bills and Sabres and he contributed a great deal to this board both from a posting and moderating perspective. We exchanged some good laughs over the phone and it's too bad I didn't get to share a beer with him in person. Steve, you will be missed.

Just quoting you here Dash to bring forward what I like most about SportsHoopla. I know we all like to let off some steam in the Politics Forum or view a little T&A in NSFW or rave/rant in our own Sports Forums, but when you can actually get to know people here & have meaningful chats, that's what it's all about. Bravo & RIP BOSSMAN! :clap:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit...

One of the only people on this board that was always positive regardless of the situation. Truly sad to hear of this, especially knowing that I haven't really had much contact with him on here the past couple months or so. It's crazy how hard hearing news like this could hit you even though you've never met the person... But he was just such a genuine guy, always looking to lend support or cheer you up, always quick with jokes to liven up the mood.

You're going to be greatly missed Steve. RIP brudda.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that we have Leafs, Bruins, Sens and Flyers fans, among others, here paying their respects and grieving for a SABRES fan sums up how cool Bossman was. :hockeysmile: :bawling:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ABSOLUTELY FUCKING LOVE THAT BANNER!

Job well done, and Bossman deserves it.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, just saw this today. Did not know him as well as you all did obviously, but seemed like an great guy.
I will be raising a glass to you tonight Bossman.....R.I.P

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard the news. I can't believe he is gone.

RIP Bossman, you will truly be missed.

:(

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That banner looks great.

Strange how things are. I remember one time I was engaged in a heated playoff thread. Not sure what team it was against but in any case we was going back and forth and like I can be I was getting frustrated and my posts started to take the road south.

Bossman sent me a PM and said he agreed with me but I was getting a bit too much in the thread. He did not say to not argue or make my point just to drop it down a bit. I did cause he asked me too.

I have no illusions that Steve and myself was great friends and shared a lot together but his death has seriously left me with a empty feeling.

I guess, for me that say's it all. A guy I knew by posting here was now gone. A guy I wished I got to know better here, a guy who reached out to me to make me a better person and poster. I have a difficult time with friends and family passing. I never thought that I would have the same feeling from a guy that posted in a sports forum but I do.

I look at all of these posts in these few threads and it hurts me inside the same way I feel when a loved one close to me passes. Tears..Yes I have shed more than a few in these threads. To me anyways that is what made Boss so special and that is why we as a group will miss him.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...I don't know how I missed this. RIP Bossman, it was a great time posting with you the past few years

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I'm blown away by this. I don't come here that much anymore and wasn't aware of his health issues. Steve was always a kind and funny guy and a lovable person.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been around lately, but I saw Caneman's signature and it caught my eye where he had RIP Bossman. I quickly thought and hoped he couldn't be talking about our member Bossman. I came to the board here and saw the banner in his tribute and this thread. Absolute sadness. I really liked him and my prayers are with him, his family and friends.

I didn't communicate with him often, but the times I read his posts he was a quality poster and there is no doubt he was a quality person. I am sorry to hear this and those who are members here that were close friends with him, I'm sorry.

It's odd, some of us don't know each other at all, but you hear news of members passing away and it really strikes you. Hokiehisuperfly was another great man that SportsHoopla lost. It goes to show that although we may never meet each other in person, we got a little family here.

God bless Bossman and R.I.P

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys and Gals,
Not sure if you have heard, but Bossman (Steve Krol) passed away a few days ago. This is an entry from his facebook page from a family member:

This is to all Steve / Carl / Bossman's friends. Bossman passed away this weekend in his home in his beloved city of Buffalo,NY. He thought the world of all his internet friends. Brian, Lee, and I thank you for all your kind thoughts. Cindy

I know that Steve had been battling several ailments over the last few years, but he seemed to be fairing a bit better as of late. He certainly loved his Bills and Sabres and he contributed a great deal to this board both from a posting and moderating perspective. We exchanged some good laughs over the phone and it's too bad I didn't get to share a beer with him in person. Steve, you will be missed.
very sorry to here that I have enjoyed these boards been here since july 2013 but bossman made me feel welcome!