• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Solving the new NBA's problems

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston was winningthat series.....sucks for Rockets fans.

Can we please agree to stop with that comment?

Because as sure as you are the Houston would have won with CP3, I am certain GS would have won in 5 with Iggy. Warriors were +73 on the series. Not as close as people want to suggest.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone posted that the NBA has always been about 2-3 teams for decades?

Quiet frankly if you aren't Boston, Lakers, Warriors, Rockets right now, the smart thing would be to Trust The Process and start building your franchise for 5 years down the road. These next 3-5 years are going to be more pointless than the previous 4 years. If you are a lucky enough GM to have ownership to realize if you aren't GS,LA,HOU, or BOS and have no shot at anything and will give you the patience, then I would fire sell my entire team and build toward a roster that will be good in 5 years.

Right now the best team in that position is Phoenix.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what i take issue with. purely speculative. is it probably accurate...yes. definitive? no. the warriors have dr's. he passed a physical.
im not gonna go ahead and say heyward wont be hayward next year for my C's. we dont know, and every player is different...tho achilles are a bitch.

I have Wyc Grousbeck on line #1 wanting to have a word with you about your alleged ownership of the Celtics.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quiet frankly if you aren't Boston, Lakers, Warriors, Rockets right now, the smart thing would be to Trust The Process and start building your franchise for 5 years down the road. These next 3-5 years are going to be more pointless than the previous 4 years. If you are a lucky enough GM to have ownership to realize if you aren't GS,LA,HOU, or BOS and have no shot at anything and will give you the patience, then I would fire sell my entire team and build toward a roster that will be good in 5 years.

why are you lumping GS in with boston?

boston is primarily young talent on the rise. GS is not. the C's had 2 guys 27 or older get regular minutes in more than 30 games. horford and morris. GS had 5 in their starting lineup.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Wyc Grousbeck on line #1 wanting to have a word with you about your alleged ownership of the Celtics.
hey, a redundant chestnut

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA can't be fixed. The cap system is broken & being abused. In order to begin to fix the problem, they would need to scrap the soft cap/luxury tax system, remove Bird rights as currently instituted, & remove the max contracts structure. Which won't happen.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't say stupid lines like " my (insert team here)" and I won't have to be redundant.
yeah, you didnt quite get that but its ok.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though, teams like the Warriors are going to happen every now and then.

The more the NBA tries to make rules to prevent this type of thing from occurring, the more they guarantee success of the teams like GS who slip through the cracks.

The Warriors have 1 year with Cousins. They were almost surely going to win anyway.

Now, sit back, enjoy watching the greatest collection of talent ever assembled and let's see how teams position themselves for free agency in 2019 and just how much tax the Warriors will be willing to pay.

giphy.gif

I'd rather watch the Celtics.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

But, then next off season they will defintely lose Cousins and there is a chance they lose KD, Klay or both. The following summer Dray is up. I think KD and Klay will both return, but at some point the dynasty will break up or decline.

Also, it is always possible another team like LA or Philly or Boston can make a move or two that allows them to catch up. Surely not this year, but maybe next.

The contradiction in the bolded is mind-boggling.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New?

What you got ain't new. /no country for old men

The NBA has always been this way. It just needs a bit of a retraction imo. No need for more than about 20 teams.

Not sure that would fix anything, though.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, remove the structure that allows players who opt out, to have the same Bird rights as other players. Any player who opts out & then resigns will have their salary count against the cap space like a free agent. Meaning teams can't structure contracts to allow players they have Bird rights on, to opt out in order to abuse the system by holding off on resigning that player till a team has maxed out their cap with free agents.

Bird rights & max contracts are the big problems.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love you bro

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contradiction in the bolded is mind-boggling.

Um no.

No contradiction at all.

I said there is a chance that they lose KD and/or Klay. That is true because both will be free agents. I also said I think both resign with the team.

Maybe awkwardly written, but no contradiction there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you lumping GS in with boston?

boston is primarily young talent on the rise. GS is not. the C's had 2 guys 27 or older get regular minutes in more than 30 games. horford and morris. GS had 5 in their starting lineup.

Boston is kind of where GS was 4 years ago, so I think a comparison is fair.

Whether or not they take the next step depends on moves the front office makes, how much tax they are willing to pay moving forward, how the young players develop, injuries, and lastly if there is a better team out there, like there is right now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Commissioner is so inept and spineless, he makes Roger Goodell look competent.

And what exactly is the commisioner supposed to do?

The Warriors have broken no rules. They have simply assembled an astounding collection of talent.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP can't even leave his Communist ideas to the politics threads... :L