• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So ....

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with 12 games left and very close to clinching .... who do we want to play in the first round? WSH and CIN are within 1/2 game of each other. We haven't been very successful against either this season. Had more trouble with WSH though.

I'd rather open against CIN and hope that ATL (if they get past STL) gets past WSH. Either way we will be opening the series at home. Really makes this interesting. We are generally very tough at home. If we can take the opening 2 games at home ...... just don't see us getting swept after that ...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with 12 games left and very close to clinching .... who do we want to play in the first round? WSH and CIN are within 1/2 game of each other. We haven't been very successful against either this season. Had more trouble with WSH though.

I'd rather open against CIN and hope that ATL (if they get past STL) gets past WSH. Either way we will be opening the series at home. Really makes this interesting. We are generally very tough at home. If we can take the opening 2 games at home ...... just don't see us getting swept after that ...

Without Strasburg it's a harder decision to me. They are both really good teams. Gonna have to get some Brooks Conrad style luck and short series randomness I think.

The format may help, as we open for 2 at home. Win em both and the other team is in trouble.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could make a case for either, but I think at the moment I'd slightly prefer the Nats. It's always a coin flip (from an outsiders perspective) when it comes to a team dealing with diversity/distraction, but I think the Strasburg thing might play with the team a little bit. Also, a lot of their homegrown folks have never experienced the playoffs (although neither did a lot of the important Giants in 2010) so who knows how they'll react.

I think the Dusty Baker revenge factor and the fact that Cueto and Latos (and really, their entire staff) have put up some pretty impressive numbers playing in a bandbox.

That said, both teams are really scary. The Nats utterly destroyed us in their yard.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll take the Reds. Playoff-Bochy vs. Dusty is a win for us.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. I don't think it makes much of a difference in the DS which team we get, as we get the first two at home. If we win those, we would have to be swept to be eliminated. Assuming we advance, I'd like to have the home field advantage, and our best chance at that is ATL taking out WAS.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Strasburg it's a harder decision to me. They are both really good teams. Gonna have to get some Brooks Conrad style luck and short series randomness I think.

The format may help, as we open for 2 at home. Win em both and the other team is in trouble.

Or, just not have bad luck (injuries, balls hitting the bases, bad calls, etc.). I'm feeling pretty good about our offense with Panda back. Two solid table setters up top and three legit middle-of-the-order bats followed by three guys who can hit some. With NL-style approved SP, I think we take out either team in the DS. The format is really unfair to the 1 and 2 seeds. Another Selig fuckup.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GET SOME

Reds%20Pirates%20Baseball_De%20L.jpg

:yo:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, just not have bad luck (injuries, balls hitting the bases, bad calls, etc.). I'm feeling pretty good about our offense with Panda back. Two solid table setters up top and three legit middle-of-the-order bats followed by three guys who can hit some. With NL-style approved SP, I think we take out either team in the DS. The format is really unfair to the 1 and 2 seeds. Another Selig fuckup.

Yeah, but you are the board homer. :boink:

Totally agree how being the 3rd seed helps us this year, and your other post about hoping we face the wildcard in the 2nd round.