• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So.......

wolverlion

Father of 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is straight insane. Front 7 pins its ears back and leaves the secondary 1 on 1 and they lock it down. I am still not ecstatic with Rudock, feel better about him but still not comfortable. Deveon Smith is a beast tho, man ran with heart today!

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but given how well we've looked this past two weeks and how bad the Buckeyes have looked.........BRING ON THE NUTZ!

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in other news......Utah just went int Eugene and manhandled Oregon.

Dare I say that Michigan's lost to Utah now looks better than MSU's win?

Reactions: BUD

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah just kicked the ever living crap out of Oregon.....Makes me wonder how our defense held the Utes to 24....I have a hunch Michigan might be better then just average.

Reactions: BUD

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is straight insane. Front 7 pins its ears back and leaves the secondary 1 on 1 and they lock it down. I am still not ecstatic with Rudock, feel better about him but still not comfortable. Deveon Smith is a beast tho, man ran with heart today!

I like the way the D has played, but aspects of the defense get exposed from time to time by teams with better athletes. I'm not saying that doesn't happen to every team, but the type of athletes we will play against MSU and ohio st will likely hurt us. I don't know that the defense is as good as the stats say they are, yet.

The example I'm thinking of is watching, what I think is a fullback, running wide and picking up a 3rd and 12. Our weakness against outside runs worries me.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in other news......Utah just went int Eugene and manhandled Oregon.

Dare I say that Michigan's lost to Utah now looks better than MSU's win?

It looks better for Michigan, but I don't think it says anything about MSU's win, yet. If the Ducks continue to lose, it will hurt Sparty in the polls for the playoff but I think Oregon is better than what we saw last night. In the end, really only wins and losses matter.

I think back to Hoke's 2nd season in AA, at the end of the year, we lost to the #1, 2 and 3 teams in the final AP poll. The losses to #2 and #3 were by a combined 12 points. It didn't matter that we lost to the best 3 teams in the country that year, only that we had 5 losses total.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense looks good too, When is it time for Morris to have another shot?

I don't think Morris ever is the starting QB at UofM again.

O'Korn beats him out next season and then it becomes the Brandon Peters show. Morris should transfer. Speight will be UofM's Don Strock. Career backup. Malzone is just not good enough.

If Morris was a legit player Harbaugh would have gotten him time. With the number of guys backing Ruddock up I just can't see any purpose of using a redshirt year. Maybe Morris just isn't good enough.

The only real way we know is id Ruddock goes down with a game or season in the balance. jus my opinion.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Morris ever is the starting QB at UofM again.

O'Korn beats him out next season and then it becomes the Brandon Peters show. Morris should transfer. Speight will be UofM's Don Strock. Career backup. Malzone is just not good enough.

If Morris was a legit player Harbaugh would have gotten him time. With the number of guys backing Ruddock up I just can't see any purpose of using a redshirt year. Maybe Morris just isn't good enough.

The only real way we know is id Ruddock goes down with a game or season in the balance. jus my opinion.

Not unless he is planning on redshirting him this season to get an extra year of eligibility from him.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah just kicked the ever living crap out of Oregon.....Makes me wonder how our defense held the Utes to 24....I have a hunch Michigan might be better then just average.

:agree:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless he is planning on redshirting him this season to get an extra year of eligibility from him.

With the number of QBs the Wolverines have and will have I don't get the redshirt. O'Korn, Malzone, Gentry, Speight, Peters, and the Victor kid from California as recruits. Why redshirt Morris? Give him playing time if Ruddock goes down he has taken snaps and been hit some.

That is unless Speight is legit #2 and Harbaugh sees more potential in O'Korn.

I could be wrong on this one but I don't buy the excuse your going to redshirt Morris.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the number of QBs the Wolverines have and will have I don't get the redshirt. O'Korn, Malzone, Gentry, Speight, Peters, and the Victor kid from California as recruits. Why redshirt Morris? Give him playing time if Ruddock goes down he has taken snaps and been hit some.

I could be wrong on this one but I don't buy the excuse your going to redshirt Morris.

I don't think Jim thinks Speight is a legit #2; however, it's possible.

I think the most likely situation is Jim's playing things safe. If none of the underclassmen are showing you they are ready to handle the offense, giving Morris the RS buys him two years, instead of one, to recruit and develop one. That is my :2cents:

It also could have been part of a closed door deal to keep Morris from transferring when Rudock was named the starter. We get Shane to stay around, in case Rudock gets hurt or really sucks. He gets a RS so he can transfer and play 2 years elsewhere.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year O'Korn will be a junior.
Morris a junior
Speight a Junior
Gentry a sophmore
Malzone a sophmore

I think when Harbaugh said Ruddock was number one and it wasn't close Jim was being honest. Morris may be a legit 2 but again makes me wonder why not let him play. The red shirt saves a year when the program is pretty strong and getting stronger at QB. Plus I hear they are in on a couple solid 2017 QBs as well.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Harbaugh doesn't think any of these guys is capable next year, He would just do the same thing he did this year and go get a 5th year transfer or JUCO player if Morris, Speight, Gentry or Malzone don't meet his standards and I'm ok with that....So far Harbs hasn't been wrong on deicisons from what I can tell.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's say there is a clear separations between Ruddock/Morris and everyone else, so the question then becomes how do you maximize the use of the two. Which even if let's say Morris is the "better" QB, unless he is drastically better than Ruddock it might be better to have Morris lead the team the next two years because he is drastically better than Speight et al.

Again it really comes down to "In Harbaugh we trust." And how much does he do to win today vs winning tomorrow when those two goals become mutually exclusive.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say there is a clear separations between Ruddock/Morris and everyone else, so the question then becomes how do you maximize the use of the two. Which even if let's say Morris is the "better" QB, unless he is drastically better than Ruddock it might be better to have Morris lead the team the next two years because he is drastically better than Speight et al.

Again it really comes down to "In Harbaugh we trust." And how much does he do to win today vs winning tomorrow when those two goals become mutually exclusive.

He may be best no question...that is Morris to be the number 2. But if he is not I doubt Harbaugh comes out and says Speight is the number 2. But It does mean Morris would have to miss 2 years if he wanted to transfer.

I guess what it will come down to if Ruddock doesn't get hurt who wins between Morris, O'Korn, and Speight.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not return until they bring back Bob Ufer's horn to Meeeeechigan football broadcasts. It was bad enough when they stopped interviewing General Bo "George Patton" Schembechler....but how can you listen to UofM football without The Horn? But I wish Ricky Leach and the boys luck this week against those lads from Indiana.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I for one am glad the game got shifted to a noon start. It's gonna be a nice start to the football day, watching Michigan and keeping the Iowa Wisconsin game in PIP.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Terps beat us at home last year :L. It's time for M to turn the table on Maryland.. GO BLUE!!!