• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

...so you're telling me there's a chance?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's small, but it's there.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always want our guys playing for it all, but I just don't think this team is equipped to legitimately compete with the big boys this year. If we get healthy and Mixon and Perine return next season, then I'd feel much more confident in next year's squad.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the tumultous recruiting sphere we've found ourselves in (Mommyship has no good narrative for us) we need all the juice we can get.

You guise ever wonder why, in SEC cupcake week, Gameday isn't going to Morgantown? Hmm...wonder why? It's the highest rated matchup of ranked teams that day, it's a PRIMETIME NATIONWIDE ABC game. Yet, they're going to Western Michigan to cover Western Michigan playing one of the lowest rated FBS teams there is. That shit right there affects our recruiting if you want to buy it or not. It does. Oh hell yes it does. Exposure = interest.

So, I want us to be in the mix...if we're in the mix EVEN A LITTLE BIT, they're FORCED to talk about us. So there's a chance...

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always want our guys playing for it all, but I just don't think this team is equipped to legitimately compete with the big boys this year. If we get healthy and Mixon and Perine return next season, then I'd feel much more confident in next year's squad.
The offense could be amazing next year. Returning the entire O-line, Mayfield, possibly Perine and Mixon, Flowers, Andrews. Just need to find the guy to replace Westbrook.
The defense should be improved considering how many young guys were forced into action this year. What worries me is that the problem there is not talent, but coaching.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio St showed that to be true this year. Getting annihilated on national tv like we did against Clemson last year doesn't help recruiting.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how it pans out as far as I can tell.....
SEC/'BAMA: I think we actually will have a better chance if they win out. If they were to lose then everyone will start doing the comparison game and all teams we are battling against will get more love due to the doubt. I honestly think they'll still get in even if they drop the Iron Bowl and lose against Florida in the CCG because the committee isn't putting Florida in no way no how. Florida losing to FSU helps our cause.

B1G/tOSU/MICH: The media narrative is that the B1G is the new SEC. ESPN would love nothing more than excluding the BigXII and PAC from the CFP if able, and their spin machine is already pumping the shit out. Obviously, it helps our cause somewhat if tOSU wins...but the committee apparently doesn't put losses under the microscope that much they say. If tOSU wins and we gain foothold, we will need to be opposite of tOSU (if they are 2nd we need to be 4th, if they're 1st we need to be 3rd) since they already have a H2H win against us. But the powers that be don't want OU/BAMA in the first round, we know that. This dilemma is the crux of the situation and may be what keeps us out no matter what.

PAC: We need WAZZU to win and COLO to lose. Simple as that. If WAZZU wins against WASH, the PAC is out of the picture altogether.

ACC:North Carolina would be a better matchup for Clemson, but I don't see anyone getting in their way.

So, if we can keep the PAC out...and keep the B1G from getting two teams in, we have a shot at #4. We will need a performance similar to the one in Morgantown as well of course.

BOOMER SOONER.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO... I think that the chances are better than we think. Just comes down to PAC 12 or Big 12. OU or Wash/PAC.

I just can't see two team from the same conference being in. Yeah, everyone would look and think so but I think the committee will see being a conference champion is a bigger deal. The playoff was created to create disparity, and when the committee meets, just don't think they will add two teams from same conference. Almost defeat the purpose of having a playoff.

All that being said...I really don't us to go to another playoff or bowl game and get our asses handed to us, just manhandled.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although, IMO, in regards to ratings and names and all of that....there is nothing more the NCAA would like than for OU to take on Bama. If there is one team that seems to be Bama's kryptonite it's the Sooners. That game would get mega high ratings...

Can you imagine the talk/hype in all of college football over that as opposed Colorado/Alabama.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although, IMO, in regards to ratings and names and all of that....there is nothing more the NCAA would like than for OU to take on Bama. If there is one team that seems to be Bama's kryptonite it's the Sooners. That game would get mega high ratings...

Can you imagine the talk/hype in all of college football over that as opposed Colorado/Alabama.

I view that way differently. We beat Alabama twice 10 years ago before Saban when they sucked. Then got lucky and beat them in the Sugar Bowl when they didn't want to be there. They didn't care or prepare and it was our superbowl. Just like when boise beat us. Alabama would beat us so bad it would set new records for ass kicking.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lock1:

weird but I wouldn't care as much now if we were to lose Bedlam...kinda want a crack at one of these fat 10 teams.