• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So with the 5th pick.....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins could absolutely outscore Brown. It is possible.

But what is more likely to happen?

LeSean McCoy could outscore LeVeon Bell. But I am not betting on that.

McCoy? You mean David Johnson. So yeah, I could see that.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins could absolutely outscore Brown. It is possible.

But what is more likely to happen?

LeSean McCoy could outscore LeVeon Bell. But I am not betting on that.
Point taken, but the comparison is much closer to Gurley/Bell/DJ/Zeke could outscore Gurley/Bell/DJ/Zeke..it is that close.

Baring missed games, Shady ain't outscoring Bell

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin Gordon.

Good offense, good team overall. All the #1 work. Proven he can do it.

I just moved him up to 5 yesterday.

Barkley is more talented, but his Oline and overall team are worse.

Hunt has Ware and a rookie QB muddying the waters.

Fournette is the other option. Nothing not to like, but he won't get the catches the others do.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are giants homers in your league, take Barkley and flip him before the regular season starts. Easy.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin Gordon.

Fournette is the other option. Nothing not to like, but he won't get the catches the others do.
Gordon or Fournette over AB, Hopkins, Kamara..in a full ppr? Not the best idea I've heard

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's not great, but Ekeler is stealing passing down work from Gordon as long as he's healthy

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin Gordon.

I'm picking 8 in another league and hoping Gordon is there

Agree with all your points, just don't know if I could do it at 5

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken, but the comparison is much closer to Gurley/Bell/DJ/Zeke could outscore Gurley/Bell/DJ/Zeke..it is that close.

I agree with this. When Hopkins can shine with mostly Tom Savage all season, sky is the limit if Watson stays upright

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR? AB is the easy choice.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon or Fournette over AB, Hopkins, Kamara..in a full ppr? Not the best idea I've heard
Gordon had 58 receptions last year.
That's been steadily climbing every year.
WRs are easy to get.
The top 10 RBs aren't.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, his sub 4.0 ypc means that if his crazy TD rate dips, he ain't helping you all that much
His TDs will go up, not down. It's an improving Oline overall. The team got their shit together down the stretch last year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon had 58 receptions last year.
That's been steadily climbing every year.
WRs are easy to get.
The top 10 RBs aren't.

His TDs will go up, not down. It's an improving Oline overall. The team got their shit together down the stretch last year.

Gordon's scores going up is surely possible, not exactly probable.
Actually in a ppr, top 10 RB's are easier to come by than it seems. After the big 4, there's a dozen who could lay claim to spots 5-10. And getting one of them is much easier than getting an ELITE WR, especially in a ppr. True, usable WR's are a dime a dozen. Brown, Hopkins, Beckham..they're weekly league winners..RB's after the big 4, except maybe Kamara, are not

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course.

I am just saying, there is a definite gap between Brown and Hopkins. The ceilings are about the same, but Hopkins' floor is considerably lower.

Antonio Brown is the best, most complete WR since Jerry Rice. Dude is remarkable.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

I am just saying, there is a definite gap between Brown and Hopkins. The ceilings are about the same, but Hopkins' floor is considerably lower.

Antonio Brown is the best, most complete WR since Jerry Rice. Dude is remarkable.
We'll have to agree to disagree on the gap between them. But either way.. You're gonna get elite WR1 production.

In the context of just two guys talkin' football though, I'd give that label to Marvin Harrison..both of the 2 guys in question are worthy of mention in the discussion though

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to agree to disagree on the gap between them. But either way.. You're gonna get elite WR1 production.

In the context of just two guys talkin' football though, I'd give that label to Marvin Harrison..both of the 2 guys in question are worthy of mention in the discussion though

Harrison was great. So was his QB though.

Antonio Brown hasn't done it for as long as Harrison did, but as good as Big Ben is, he is no Peyton. I have a feeling that Harrison's numbers would not have been on the same level with a lesser QB.

I have never seen a WR as good as Brown at making contested catches and getting feet in on the sideline.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison was great. So was his QB though.

Antonio Brown hasn't done it for as long as Harrison did, but as good as Big Ben is, he is no Peyton. I have a feeling that Harrison's numbers would not have been on the same level with a lesser QB.

I have never seen a WR as good as Brown at making contested catches and getting feet in on the sideline.
well Montana and Young were no slouches either..pretty sure all 4 QB's end up on Canton..and if we're pivoting into who gas done more with less at QB, the simple fact that Hopkins has done what he has with the likes of Schuab, Osweiler, Yates, and Savage, or whomever else..I guess that means he wins :)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Montana and Young were no slouches either..pretty sure all 4 QB's end up on Canton..and if we're pivoting into who gas done more with less at QB, the simple fact that Hopkins has done what he has with the likes of Schuab, Osweiler, Yates, and Savage, or whomever else..I guess that means he wins :)
Funny you mention Schaub. He brings horrible memories for me. Played an important divisional game years ago. Think my opponent had Manning or Brady (honestly can't remember) but, regardless they were out for that game. Felt I had it in the bag. Schaub throws for 500+yds and 5TDs. ... :L

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Touché.

Just look at 2017 though.

Hopkins is great. But there is greater potential for things to go wrong there and his track record isn't the same.

Besides, if Houston's defense lives up to potential, I guarantee Watson won't be chucking it all over the field. Antonio Brown is always going to get his targets.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Touché.

Just look at 2017 though.

Hopkins is great. But there is greater potential for things to go wrong there and his track record isn't the same.

Besides, if Houston's defense lives up to potential, I guarantee Watson won't be chucking it all over the field. Antonio Brown is always going to get his targets.
You ain't wrong, I'm just betting on the over :suds: