• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So with 1/3 of the season done, predictions moving forward

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UM vs. CMU - Win 59-9
UM vs. ND - Win 41-30
UM vs. Akron - Win 28-24
UM @ UConn - Win 24-21
------------------------
UM vs. Minn - Win, I think we get things a little back together and pull out a little more comfortable win. But I think the game is still closer than we would like.

UM @ PSU - Loss, at this point and time I just can't see us beating PSU in Happy Valley. Penn State has a pretty decent passing offense and a pretty decent defense. I think it will be close but I think this is one of our losses. The presence of Jake Ryan, should he be back by this point, could swing things back in Michigan's favor.

UM vs. IU - Win, I think we bounce back from the loss and beat a below average IU team at home.

UM @ MSU - Win, I still think MSU is so bad on offense that it shouldn't be an issue to win this game. If we can simply score 25+ points, I think the game is in the bag.

UM vs. Neb - Win, Nebraska has HUGE issues on defense, similar to our offense, but because of that I think our offense puts on a show and has a huge night. Nebraska hangs with UM for a while but much like the ND game, Michigan pulls ahead and stays there for the win.

UM @ NW - Loss, I think this may be a shoot out but the way our defense has been playing against even below average QB's makes me think that any passing attack like this is going to tear us up. Although, with Jake Ryan back by this point I think it does give us a better shot.

UM @ Iowa - Win, for some reason I don't think Michigan has a problem in this game. The only aspect that makes me nervous is playing @Iowa.

UM vs. OSU - Win, Michigan's a fairly large underdog to a visiting OSU team but they put together a performance similar to ND and pull off an upset on a team likely ranked in the top 10.

Season finish: 10-2

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Penn State against Indiana last week, I don't see Michigan losing that game. IMO, Michigan doesn't need to play a great game to beat them on the road. Too many holes on that PSU team, and I think Michigan probably rolls by double digits. I worry more about Indiana than PSU at this point.

I do think the NW game and OSU game are really the only games Michigan could lose, unless they play like they did against Akron and UConn. I too feel like Michigan is due to win against Ohio State. OSU is beatable, and it would be nice to take a national title game away from them.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Penn State against Indiana last week, I don't see Michigan losing that game. IMO, Michigan doesn't need to play a great game to beat them on the road. Too many holes on that PSU team, and I think Michigan probably rolls by double digits. I worry more about Indiana than PSU at this point.

I do think the NW game and OSU game are really the only games Michigan could lose, unless they play like they did against Akron and UConn. I too feel like Michigan is due to win against Ohio State. OSU is beatable, and it would be nice to take a national title game away from them.

We play terrible on the road and I don't suspect this will be any different. PSU has some big holes but they have a decent passing attack, which has killed us, yardage wise, this year.

All that PSU v Ind game did was make me nervous about the Indiana game lol.

I still think we drop 2-3 of the remaining games. At some point, a team is going to get a lead that we just can't come back to win against.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ MSU , @NW are the sure losses for Michigan with OSU being a tossup.. I just think MSU's defense is too elite and unless Michigan can show they can be more consistent offensively, I believe MSU will shut them down..

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ MSU , @NW are the sure losses for Michigan with OSU being a tossup.. I just think MSU's defense is too elite and unless Michigan can show they can be more consistent offensively, I believe MSU will shut them down..

lol what? MSU's defense hasn't played a team ranked in the top 50 offensively. In fact, most of the teams they've played ranked outside the top 100. And in case you haven't noticed, their offense is atrocious. Now I'm not saying its' a guaranteed win but it's hardly anywhere near the danger level of OSU or NW. I expect to beat MSU comfortably.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After they smashed Indiana today, do you feel as confident about your prediction?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to modify my prediction, Michigan is going to get no lube fucked in the ass in East Lansing..

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to modify my prediction, Michigan is going to get no lube fucked in the ass in East Lansing..
I'm still not worried about MSU. They are just as beatable, if not more, as we are. Though I suspect there's another 1-2 losses that I didn't predict on the remainder of the schedule.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think were a better team then MSU and Nebraska and if we beat both of them we should be playing in the B10 Championship. Should of beat PSU, but 6-1 isn't too bad. We just gotta take care of business down the stretch.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think were a better team then MSU and Nebraska and if we beat both of them we should be playing in the B10 Championship. Should of beat PSU, but 6-1 isn't too bad. We just gotta take care of business down the stretch.
This team is an embarrassment. The university should abandon the program if this is the type of program they want to represent it.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is an embarrassment. The university should abandon the program if this is the type of program they want to represent it.

Just for the other guys on this board that don't know.....jalopy is a UM alum (so he claims) but he now lives in California...

He won't like me telling him Lane Kiffin sucks big balls.....and so does USC.......Yet Michigan is 5-1 and USC couldnt beat Indiana any month of the year.

I'll take Hoke over Kiffin any day of the week.........Go away jalopy.:laugh3:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to know, how exactly is being 6-1 an embarrassment? Sure, they haven't been the cleanist of wins, but a win is a win.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way NW has gone down the crapper the last 3 weeks they don't scare me anymore.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel confident MI will beat MSU. State has an impressive defense, but they won't be able to hold the MI O to the 17 points or so it will take for them to win imo

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm very positive that the football program doesn't want to give up 500+ yards on defense every game. But it happened once and our offense compensated for the win. If this was a consistent thing, like it was under RR, then I'd be worried. But I'm willing to give them a pass because - well - Greg Mattison. And it was nice to see the offense revert to the spread vs. trying to manball Indiana. This team is 6-1 after all and I think an 8 or 9 win season is what we should expect at this point with 10 or 11 wins still very possible.

I wonder, if we finish the rest of the games 5-0 and finish 11-1 - would you still be this unhappy?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very positive that the football program doesn't want to give up 500+ yards on defense every game. But it happened once and our offense compensated for the win. If this was a consistent thing, like it was under RR, then I'd be worried. But I'm willing to give them a pass because - well - Greg Mattison. And it was nice to see the offense revert to the spread vs. trying to manball Indiana. This team is 6-1 after all and I think an 8 or 9 win season is what we should expect at this point with 10 or 11 wins still very possible.

I wonder, if we finish the rest of the games 5-0 and finish 11-1 - would you still be this unhappy?

:agree:

And weren't most people predicting something like a 9 or 10 win season before the season started? So Michigan is still well on track for that.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that really what you got from my post? That I was unhappy with the team's record? I re-read my post and don't quite see where you got that from but yet you state it as if fact.

I shall put it in easier words to leave less room for interpretation.

I am embarrassed by the quality of play shown by the university's football team over the last three years under this staff. I feel it is it significantly below the level that is expected from a program that is expected to consistently be among the collegiate elite. I am UNHAPPY that the team is unable to overachieve despite all the inherent advantages built into the program by the sweat of others.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that really what you got from my post? That I was unhappy with the team's record? I re-read my post and don't quite see where you got that from but yet you state it as if fact.

I shall put it in easier words to leave less room for interpretation.

I am embarrassed by the quality of play shown by the university's football team over the last three years under this staff. I feel it is it significantly below the level that is expected from a program that is expected to consistently be among the collegiate elite. I am UNHAPPY that the team is unable to overachieve despite all the inherent advantages built into the program by the sweat of others.

You do realize that the 2011 season was a major overachievment, right? Hoke and company took a team that had three of it's worst seasons in program history, went two years without making a bowl then the third barely made one (only to get humiliated) and lead them to a 11-2 Sugar Bowl winning season. And Mattison took one of the worst defenses in the country to one of the best. If that isn't an over-achievement, then I don't know what is.

And the 2012 season wasn't nearly as bad as the record would suggest, outside of the Alabama loss, all others could have very easily been wins (and all to top compeatition and away from the Big House).

Outside of the Akron and UConn games, I really can't think of any other games that were an embarrasment. I mean heck, we are complaining about an Indiana team that yes, put up 47 on Michigan, two weeks ago they beat Penn St. while scoring 55 and hung 49 on Ohio Sate last year. I think we need to start admitting that Indiana has a good offense.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that the 2011 season was a major overachievment, right? .

Again, only in terms of the record. It wasn't talented. It looks great in the record books but for anyone that saw that team play, it was hard to come away impressed.