1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So will Jalen Hurts transfer or possibly change positions?

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Sgt Brutus, Jan 9, 2018.

1. DHoey

DHoey Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,876

He transfers to the highest bidder.

2. BadMotoWeazal

BadMotoWeazal Got Dirt?

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 668

We all had heard about Tua when he committed to Bama. Jalen had a special 2 years, but he will not look past a quick second read nor will he throw a ball into a tight window when he has too. Too quick to tuck & run. He just isn't the passer I had hoped he would turn into. Bruce Arians wrote about a young QB should have a good vision of the field by the time he enters college. If he didn't have it by then, then he probably wasn't going to be a NFL prospect. Tua has good vision already, he will get even better with time & experience. I feel bad for Jalen, I'm sure he'll make a great decision that will be right for him if he chooses to leave. I hope he stays & if he doesn't play QB, I hope they find a place for him.

Tua & the freshman team won that game for us last night. The defense did it's job, but unless it was going to make some defensive TD's, it was all on the offense to get points on the board. Turnovers helped fo sho

Was it just me or did both defenses do a good job of taking 1-2 receivers away all night? All the QB's in the game had to look further down the progression to find targets.

3. BadMotoWeazal

BadMotoWeazal Got Dirt?

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 668

HA... That would be the worst thing that could happen. Remember, they play Georgia every year too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Codaxx

Codaxx Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Greg over states that a bit. That is by design to look to the 3 wide side and look to the single. Safety bit on the cross, which Tua didn't even look at. Not to mention cover 2 isn't a great coverage vs 4 verticals. Main reason cover 4 has become so popular. We will see. Like I said it is always better to get against the next big thing, than for it. Tua's ability to read defense and make quick decisions wasn't high level vs Georgia. It shouldn't be expected to be either. The question is how fast can he get that aspect up to college speed.

5. 4down20

4down20 Quit checking me out.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 945

The safety bit on the fact that Tua was looking right the entire play until he threw it the other way.

In otherwords, the true freshman QB was able to put a senior DB in the wrong position with his eyes and then execute a pass 45 yards through the air for the game winning TD.

Against one of the best defenses in college football as well, in the biggest game of the year, in OT.

[​IMG]

And you access that as "look to be better runners, than QBs at this point. I thought the 2 look similar.". You are out of your fucking mind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. thunderc

thunderc Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 815

He has to leave, and will.

7. Codaxx

Codaxx Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Watch the play before and tell me he is 100% ready. The int is another one. I already said he looked the other way by DESIGN, that is not on him. For the record a sub-7 yards per attempt and sub 60% completions is a pretty average game. That is a defense that has faced only a couple decent passing offenses and they gave up yards and pts vs them. I meant the 2 look similar over all, not that game. I didn't see a great passer in Tau at this stage. He is slow in his reads and holds the ball way too long. Funny, only a week ago you thought Bama fans were crazy for calling for him and now you think he is the next Tom Brady

8. 4down20

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 945

So now you've moved the goal posts from "better runners than QBs" to "100% ready".

Did you miss the part where he is a true freshman backup that got thrown into the NCG at halftime?

And it's crazy for Alabama fans to call for him because he is a true freshman and will make true freshman mistakes - like he did. Had nothing to do with his talent level. And if you notice, at half time I said it was time to put him in - and he did get put in. That said, as far as Alabama fans and that goes - I hate when people shit on players.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TexasExes98

TexasExes98 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

One name comes to mind ASAP: Garret Gilbert

10. BadMotoWeazal

BadMotoWeazal Got Dirt?

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 668

The Safety screwed up... His coverage was supposed to be center left. But he got caught watching the QB's eyes. That safety does his job then maybe an interception there

11. BrockForBroglio

BrockForBroglio Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 587

Why isn't anyone talking about the TD pass that tied the game up? That throw by Tua, when the camera is behind him was amazing.. He led that receiver by 15 yards, the receiver wasn't even in the vicinity when the pass was thrown. Amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DJ

DJ Throbbing and vomiting member

Just casually floating around the Universe
    Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 15,333

He is going to transfer to Grambling.

13. Rolltide94

Rolltide94 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 319

That's your comparison? Gilbert came in and went 15 for 40 for 186 2 TD's and 4 INT....and a QBR of 21.4. If Tua had had a game like that, Georgia would have a Trophy.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Rolltide94

Rolltide94 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 319

Tua would have to tell me that ball was for Ridley...otherwise I think he was putting that in the back of the end zone for a likely INT.

15. Codaxx

Codaxx Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Because he didn't intend to throw it to that WR

16. Codaxx

Codaxx Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Not moving the goal posts. I hate when people fluff stuff up and project on a small sample size. At no point did I shit on Tua. Somehow saying he showed great potential, but has a lot of work to do is shitting on a player. It's called reality. I am just not swooning over the guy and buying the hype. Let's see how he improves and make a call after defenses get tape and prepare for him. I know he is a Bama player and anything that isn't over the top hearts your feelings, but any impartial judge would say he looked like a freshmen and has work to do

17. 4down20

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 945

You claimed he was a better runner than QB.

18. Codaxx

Codaxx Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

He is right now. He is a great running QB. He is not a great QB at this point of his development.

19. 4down20

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 945

How the fuck can you even pretend to know?

20. TexasExes98

TexasExes98 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

4 down is sensitive, you should know this by now.....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1