• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the Pac-12 in 2018?

So who wins the Pac-12 in 2018?

• Total voters

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm intrigued by Arizona in the South. Their QB is so dynamic. Definitely expectations in the desert will be a lot higher than in previous seasons.
you mean the QB who lost 4 of their last 5 games and the win was Oregon State where he went 5-7 68 yards no TD 1 INT?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize Arizona ran for 530 yards that game including 200+ from Tate?
well yeah like I said that Dynamic QB couldnt throw the ball against the worst team in the conference so may as well run.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yeah like I said that Dynamic QB couldnt throw the ball against the worst team in the conference so may as well run.
If you watch tape you’ll see he has pretty good touch on deep passes. Still needs to work on intermediate throws. This was also his first season as a college starter and he was playing for someone who is probably an 80% run first guy. He will be a preseason heisman candidate.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch tape you’ll see he has pretty good touch on deep passes. Still needs to work on intermediate throws. This was also his first season as a college starter and he was playing for someone who is probably an 80% run first guy. He will be a preseason heisman candidate.
no need to watch tape saw him play a number of times. didnt know who was gonna show up. the world beater in the Colorado game? the avg guy from the WSU game or the meh guy from USC or Oregon games.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no need to watch tape saw him play a number of times. didnt know who was gonna show up. the world beater in the Colorado game? the avg guy from the WSU game or the meh guy from USC or Oregon games.
He threw for 275 yards and 2 TDS while also rushing for 150 against WSU...
Against USC he led a 3 TD comeback in the second half before USC’s vastly superior talent closed the game. If you want to say he was exposed by Oregon so be it, even though that game was a 7 point game until the 4th quarter.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against USC he led a 3 TD comeback in the second half before USC’s vastly superior talent closed the game. If you want to say he was exposed by Oregon so be it, even though that game was a 7 point game until the 4th quarter.
by avg against WSU i mean 58.8% vs his 6 other at 65% or better and 146 yards vs 4 others of 150+
and meh against USC 45% and 161 yards.
and Oregon 51% 1 TD vs 2INT and only 32 yards.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday Five: College football teams that will receive the most offseason hype

3. Washington: Look around the Pac-12 right now. USC lost its biggest stars on offense. Stanford won the North last year, but it was just a 9-5 team. Oregon has a new coach for the second time in two years. Chip Kelly is at UCLA, but there's work to be done there. And then there's Washington -- a team that gets both Jake Browning and Myles Gaskin back on offense as well as most of its defense.

The schedule is a bear -- starting with Auburn -- and the Huskies will have to face Oregon, UCLA, Utah and Washington State all on the road in 2018, but they may be the most talented team in the Pac-12 next year. They also have one of the best coaches in the country in Chris Petersen. This is a team that's going to get CFP love during the offseason, and it's a team that just might get there for the second time in three years, too.

pLCMnD4.jpg

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line is set to return four starters, with right tackle Fred Lauina the only departure. New coordinator Tim Tibesar inherits a defense that finished last in the Pac-12 by giving up 43 points a game in 2017. Each level is set to lose a key contributor, but the biggest loss is linebacker Manase Hungalu (97 tackles). Smith has one of the toughest debuts of any new coach with a trip to Columbus to take on Ohio State on Sept. 1.

THAT'S A START MFer!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 stock report: Super Bowl rosters, Hurley's contract and Coliseum naming rights

Rising: Washington recruiting.

Silly us. We thought the Huskies had everything wrapped up in December. Turns out, Chris ‘No Drama’ Petersen isn’t quite finished.

Consider two recent developments:

The first came late last week, when Concord De La Salle’s Tuli Letuligasenoa, one of the top defensive tackle prospects in the west and a USC commit, announced he would visit UW.

The second came Wednesday, when Julius Irvin, a 4-star cornerback from Anaheim, picked the Huskies over USC and Arkansas … err, make that Alabama.

Washington over USC and Alabama.

The Huskies’ 20-player class currently stands No. 2 in the conference and No. 12 in the nation. And it will get even better if Letuligasenoa signs next week.

12022016-UWBuffsAddsNew-016-1020x680.jpg

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put all this shit in the recruiting thread and stop being a non stop homer. Most dont give a rip.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop posting links, copy and paste the whole article i need to see more posts AG MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i think it is about time you write a script that rotates your avy pic through your various CP pics

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was at that USC game and he only got traction after USC was up big and put it in neutral which always means the other team is going to score a couple times and get close. Clay doesn't have the killer instinct to keep his foot on the gas .Hopefully he learns from games like that. K. Tate is a great athlete but no touch or ability to just sit back and beat you just throwing. He was throwing to three WRs in high school who will be NFL WRs which made him look like a better passer than he was.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. That's why I said he's done much better than I initially thought he would.

I'm not convinced yet that Helton is "the guy," but I don't really have much in the way of complaints. After the Kiffin and Sark debacles, they needed a grownup to take over and stabilize things. So far, Helton has provided exactly that.

In his 2 seasons, he has a record of 21-6, a Rose Bowl win and a PAC championship. The question is: Can he get them to the next level and become serious playoff contenders?

I'm willing to give him a couple more seasons to show if he can get them there or not.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm intrigued by Arizona in the South. Their QB is so dynamic. Definitely expectations in the desert will be a lot higher than in previous seasons.

They are the one team in the South that scares me. Tate is an unbelievable talent and USC always struggles against qb's who can run.

If that kid can learn to pass the ball more consistently, Arizona will be tough to beat. Right now, he can at least be slowed because teams can load up to stop his runs. He learns to pass and that gets a lot more difficult.

Last edited: