• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the Big-12 in 2018?

So who wins the Big12 in 2018?

• Total voters

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This belongs here I guess:
What Big 12 football teams would look like as national pizza brands

Oklahoma / Papa John’s
Oklahoma and Papa John’s are huge national brands. Both are among the first names to come up as “the best” in their respective fields — or at least they make a lot of money, even if the product isn’t too great. Both are polarizing enough to the point that you either love them or hate them, but they’re both successful and go hand in hand with football.

Better players. Better coaches. Boomer Sooner.

Texas / Sbarro
These two have been around forever, and everything is bigger with them. You can find them at any mall — seriously, I consistently find more Texas apparel outside of Texas than any other school. And yes, the Longhorns have fallen on hard times, but you loved them when you were a kid. Maybe it’s not the best product. But you know the name. And that’s all Tom Herman cares about.

Oklahoma State / Little Caesars
A hot-and-ready offense like Oklahoma State’s is a fun time every now and then. When you get Oklahoma State/Little Caesars at the right time, it’s legitimately scary how good both can be. The Pokes also occasionally have some amazing undiscovered talent — like Little Caesars and its unheralded side dish: Italian cheese bread. It’s always in the conversation for what to do on a Saturday night. But at the end of day/season, it simply doesn’t … puts on sunglasses … deliver.

TCU / Pie Five
Not enough people give either of these products based in Fort Worth, Texas, due credit. Often forgotten in the mess of the Pizza Huts of the world, this is a legitimate contender for the best national pizza chain. The only problem? They’re constantly overlooked and they really just came around this decade. We’ll give it more time.

Baylor / Domino’s
It has its moments. Both have tried to repair their image in recent years by switching up the recipe — Domino’s literally changed its recipe not long ago, and Baylor brought in Matt Rhule to change the culture in Waco. It’s fighting an uphill battle with more contenders rising up, but have you seen that 2018 recruiting class? The Bears are doing just fine. A quick Google search also tells us Domino’s’ stock is up.

West Virginia / Chuck E. Cheese
In theory, it seems like a fun place to take your kids until you actually get there. The “E” in Chuck E. Cheese stands for “entertainment,” and West Virginia certainly is entertaining. But the product is just OK. This is a kid’s place, after all. The Big 12 Conference is a “big boy” league. And until this place proves it has grown up and gets rid of the gimmicks, it’s not much of a contender.

Texas Tech / Cici’s
It’s typically best served on its home turf. I mean, you can take it out on the road, but it’s just not the same. Both can fill up on points/pizza quickly. But in the end, it simply doesn’t match the bigger chains.

Iowa State / Blaze Pizza
It’s up and coming. You’re not really sure where or what it is until you get there. But it’s a more pure brand with a structure. It just needs the right person to make it into a national power … oh, and would you look at that, LeBron James/Matt Campbell.

Kansas State / DiGiorno
It’s fundamentally sound, but history is not on its side. Both are loved by the common man simply wanting a taste of football/pizza if it’s on television/in front of you. And sure, that oftentimes can be a serviceable option. It’s just not ever going to get the job done like Papa John’s.

Kansas / Red Baron
Just … no. Never.

Although, I'm thinking Baylor might be more like Pizza Hut and Tech might be more like Marco's

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This belongs here I guess:
What Big 12 football teams would look like as national pizza brands

Oklahoma / Papa John’s
Oklahoma and Papa John’s are huge national brands. Both are among the first names to come up as “the best” in their respective fields — or at least they make a lot of money, even if the product isn’t too great. Both are polarizing enough to the point that you either love them or hate them, but they’re both successful and go hand in hand with football.

Better players. Better coaches. Boomer Sooner.

Texas / Sbarro
These two have been around forever, and everything is bigger with them. You can find them at any mall — seriously, I consistently find more Texas apparel outside of Texas than any other school. And yes, the Longhorns have fallen on hard times, but you loved them when you were a kid. Maybe it’s not the best product. But you know the name. And that’s all Tom Herman cares about.

Oklahoma State / Little Caesars
A hot-and-ready offense like Oklahoma State’s is a fun time every now and then. When you get Oklahoma State/Little Caesars at the right time, it’s legitimately scary how good both can be. The Pokes also occasionally have some amazing undiscovered talent — like Little Caesars and its unheralded side dish: Italian cheese bread. It’s always in the conversation for what to do on a Saturday night. But at the end of day/season, it simply doesn’t … puts on sunglasses … deliver.

TCU / Pie Five
Not enough people give either of these products based in Fort Worth, Texas, due credit. Often forgotten in the mess of the Pizza Huts of the world, this is a legitimate contender for the best national pizza chain. The only problem? They’re constantly overlooked and they really just came around this decade. We’ll give it more time.

Baylor / Domino’s
It has its moments. Both have tried to repair their image in recent years by switching up the recipe — Domino’s literally changed its recipe not long ago, and Baylor brought in Matt Rhule to change the culture in Waco. It’s fighting an uphill battle with more contenders rising up, but have you seen that 2018 recruiting class? The Bears are doing just fine. A quick Google search also tells us Domino’s’ stock is up.

West Virginia / Chuck E. Cheese
In theory, it seems like a fun place to take your kids until you actually get there. The “E” in Chuck E. Cheese stands for “entertainment,” and West Virginia certainly is entertaining. But the product is just OK. This is a kid’s place, after all. The Big 12 Conference is a “big boy” league. And until this place proves it has grown up and gets rid of the gimmicks, it’s not much of a contender.

Texas Tech / Cici’s
It’s typically best served on its home turf. I mean, you can take it out on the road, but it’s just not the same. Both can fill up on points/pizza quickly. But in the end, it simply doesn’t match the bigger chains.

Iowa State / Blaze Pizza
It’s up and coming. You’re not really sure where or what it is until you get there. But it’s a more pure brand with a structure. It just needs the right person to make it into a national power … oh, and would you look at that, LeBron James/Matt Campbell.

Kansas State / DiGiorno
It’s fundamentally sound, but history is not on its side. Both are loved by the common man simply wanting a taste of football/pizza if it’s on television/in front of you. And sure, that oftentimes can be a serviceable option. It’s just not ever going to get the job done like Papa John’s.

Kansas / Red Baron
Just … no. Never.

Chuck E Cheese pizza > the rest of the garbage you posted besides maybe DiGiorno

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does TCU get so much love.

Patterson gets lucky sometimes but otherwise isn't all that great.
Good for TCU, but I question a lot of what he does.
They'll finish at least 4th next year in conference.

Oklahoma will go on to score the most points in Big XII Conference history.
Yeah, wrap your head around it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well they've won 11 games in 3 of the last 4 years, that's probably something.

whitesoxsweep

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his most recent press conference Herman said he may take over play calling duties on the offensive side of the ball. He said he consulted with coaches that do it like Frost, Malzahn, Chip Kelly etc. and that he’s now more willing to take on that responsibility if it would give the team the best chance to win. If he does take over I think Texas wins the Big 12. If Beck calls plays again then I may consume a case or two of Tito’s while praying for the entire offense not to disband or transfer.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get it either.

Patterson's defense usually does well when he has an experienced secondary so they can handle multiple calls for coverage/run support. IIRC, he ain't got an experienced secondary coming back.

And even though any QB will be better than turnover Kenny Hill, I also believe they lost a lot in the O-line.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his most recent press conference Herman said he may take over play calling duties on the offensive side of the ball. He said he consulted with coaches that do it like Frost, Malzahn, Chip Kelly etc. and that he’s now more willing to take on that responsibility if it would give the team the best chance to win. If he does take over I think Texas wins the Big 12. If Beck calls plays again then I may consume a case or two of Tito’s while praying for the entire offense not to disband or transfer.
Cheers. Good stuff
titos_vodka_nv_175.png

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That may be the dumbest thing for a Head Coach to say, ever.
"I might" blah blah blah.

WTF is that exactly.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did he talk to Riley?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it either.

Patterson's defense usually does well when he has an experienced secondary so they can handle multiple calls for coverage/run support. IIRC, he ain't got an experienced secondary coming back.

And even though any QB will be better than turnover Kenny Hill, I also believe they lost a lot in the O-line.

I've watched Patterson for a long time and when it's crunch time he shits the bed more often than he pulls shit out.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... Texas actually had someone calling plays on offense last year?:scratch:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... Texas actually had someone calling plays on offense last year?:scratch:
Me thinks it would behoove both Texas and Oklahoma to offer some poor school a lot of money for them to take both Beck and Stoops off their hands. Beck as OC and Stoops as DC would be one hell of a good combo for some poor, unsuspecting school that doesn't know any better. Hmmmm, I know one like that.