• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the Big-12 in 2018?

So who wins the Big12 in 2018?

• Total voters

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma vs the field: I still take Oklahoma. But I can see where Okie State or Texas might make it interesting. And so could Iowa St. or TCU. No way West Virginia finishes higher than 3rd or 4th, no matter what the blind believers may say.
If Grier is healthy, I think they're by far the strongest competitor to Oklahoma.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma vs the field: I still take Oklahoma. But I can see where Okie State or Texas might make it interesting. And so could Iowa St. or TCU. No way West Virginia finishes higher than 3rd or 4th, no matter what the blind believers may say.

A lot of those teams you mentioned lost a lot of starters. Heck Iowa State lost 2/3rd of their starters. No one actually believes you know jack about football, do they?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of those teams you mentioned lost a lot of starters.

That's why I say the winner has a few L's. Prob gonna be one of those screwy years where the top spot gets shared a bit before we have a clear winner. Not saying OU WON'T win it but imo there will be speed bumps for any and all contenders.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I say the winner has a few L's. Prob gonna be one of those screwy years where the top spot gets shared a bit before we have a clear winner. Not saying OU WON'T win it but imo there will be speed bumps for any and all contenders.
Sounds like Big 12 hoops this year.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went with Oklahoma, think they are a contender for a national title again this year.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit.
I expect we take a step back on offense.
Still is going to be the best in the Big12

Highly doubt that. With the exception of Blake Bell, the OU offense has never taken a step back when losing a starting QB. Murray is going to put up ridiculous stats as well in that offense.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt that. With the exception of Blake Bell, the OU offense has never taken a step back when losing a starting QB. Murray is going to put up ridiculous stats as well in that offense.
It will take a step back, that is guaranteed. It still maybe the nations best offense, but it wont be as good 2017.

I believe KSU returns a ton, especially on offense. I always fear experienced Snyder teams.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt that. With the exception of Blake Bell, Trevor Knight, Cody Thomas, Paul Thompson, Nate Hybl, and Rhett Bomar, the OU offense has never taken a step back when losing a starting QB. Murray is going to put up ridiculous stats as well in that offense.
Fify

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be one of those seasons where everybody in the '12' has at least two conference losses - even before the conference championship game.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as long as Mike is our DC.
What? You don’t like Mikes scheme against 2 NFL running backs of trying to get the RG to block his safety 15 yards down field? :noidea:
6071966d3fb8f89e47a57e728b8b7fec.jpg

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was torn.

Okie is the safe pick, but I went with Texas.

They're bringing just about everybody back on both sides of the ball. You can't
really count on true frosh to help you, but by mid-season some of them will be
able to contribute. I've always believed the more true frosh you have starting,
the longer your season will be.

That kid at OU is gonna be hell to contain on offense, but can he throw with accuracy?

Mayfield was smart out there and could make plays. Losing him has to slow them down.

I think they selected the right guy in Herman. It sure as hell looked like it on recruiting
day.

We'll see, but I have a feeling that we're just one year away from the Big12 becoming
the Oklahoma-Texas show again with a couple of pretenders...a couple of break-even
squads and the rest struggling for 6 games.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was torn.

Okie is the safe pick, but I went with Texas.

They're bringing just about everybody back on both sides of the ball. You can't
really count on true frosh to help you, but by mid-season some of them will be
able to contribute. I've always believed the more true frosh you have starting,
the longer your season will be.

That kid at OU is gonna be hell to contain on offense, but can he throw with accuracy?

Mayfield was smart out there and could make plays. Losing him has to slow them down.

I think they selected the right guy in Herman. It sure as hell looked like it on recruiting
day.

We'll see, but I have a feeling that we're just one year away from the Big12 becoming
the Oklahoma-Texas show again with a couple of pretenders...a couple of break-even
squads and the rest struggling for 6 games.

Why?
Is something happening to Boone St and the Couch burners? Is Patterson getting fired?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?
Is something happening to Boone St and the Couch burners? Is Patterson getting fired?

Because they're going to be overwhelmed by talent disparity.

I pretty much believe Herman can coach and the new guy at OU did a good job
last year and was excellent recruiting.

When you get people who can coach AND recruit...you become deadly. WVU and Okie St
don't recruit well. Patterson does ok, but he's no match for Texas and OU.

It's gonna be Oklahoma and Texas and probably twice a year 3 out of every 4 years.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they're going to be overwhelmed by talent disparity.

I pretty much believe Herman can coach and the new guy at OU did a good job
last year and was excellent recruiting.

When you get people who can coach AND recruit...you become deadly. WVU and Okie St
don't recruit well. Patterson does ok, but he's no match for Texas and OU.

It's gonna be Oklahoma and Texas and probably twice a year 3 out of every 4 years.
So, once at the Cotton Bowl and once at Jerry's World huh?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This belongs here I guess:
What Big 12 football teams would look like as national pizza brands

Oklahoma / Papa John’s
Oklahoma and Papa John’s are huge national brands. Both are among the first names to come up as “the best” in their respective fields — or at least they make a lot of money, even if the product isn’t too great. Both are polarizing enough to the point that you either love them or hate them, but they’re both successful and go hand in hand with football.

Better players. Better coaches. Boomer Sooner.

Texas / Sbarro
These two have been around forever, and everything is bigger with them. You can find them at any mall — seriously, I consistently find more Texas apparel outside of Texas than any other school. And yes, the Longhorns have fallen on hard times, but you loved them when you were a kid. Maybe it’s not the best product. But you know the name. And that’s all Tom Herman cares about.

Oklahoma State / Little Caesars
A hot-and-ready offense like Oklahoma State’s is a fun time every now and then. When you get Oklahoma State/Little Caesars at the right time, it’s legitimately scary how good both can be. The Pokes also occasionally have some amazing undiscovered talent — like Little Caesars and its unheralded side dish: Italian cheese bread. It’s always in the conversation for what to do on a Saturday night. But at the end of day/season, it simply doesn’t … puts on sunglasses … deliver.

TCU / Pie Five
Not enough people give either of these products based in Fort Worth, Texas, due credit. Often forgotten in the mess of the Pizza Huts of the world, this is a legitimate contender for the best national pizza chain. The only problem? They’re constantly overlooked and they really just came around this decade. We’ll give it more time.

Baylor / Domino’s
It has its moments. Both have tried to repair their image in recent years by switching up the recipe — Domino’s literally changed its recipe not long ago, and Baylor brought in Matt Rhule to change the culture in Waco. It’s fighting an uphill battle with more contenders rising up, but have you seen that 2018 recruiting class? The Bears are doing just fine. A quick Google search also tells us Domino’s’ stock is up.

West Virginia / Chuck E. Cheese
In theory, it seems like a fun place to take your kids until you actually get there. The “E” in Chuck E. Cheese stands for “entertainment,” and West Virginia certainly is entertaining. But the product is just OK. This is a kid’s place, after all. The Big 12 Conference is a “big boy” league. And until this place proves it has grown up and gets rid of the gimmicks, it’s not much of a contender.

Texas Tech / Cici’s
It’s typically best served on its home turf. I mean, you can take it out on the road, but it’s just not the same. Both can fill up on points/pizza quickly. But in the end, it simply doesn’t match the bigger chains.

Iowa State / Blaze Pizza
It’s up and coming. You’re not really sure where or what it is until you get there. But it’s a more pure brand with a structure. It just needs the right person to make it into a national power … oh, and would you look at that, LeBron James/Matt Campbell.

Kansas State / DiGiorno
It’s fundamentally sound, but history is not on its side. Both are loved by the common man simply wanting a taste of football/pizza if it’s on television/in front of you. And sure, that oftentimes can be a serviceable option. It’s just not ever going to get the job done like Papa John’s.

Kansas / Red Baron
Just … no. Never.