• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the B1G in 2018?

Who wins the B1G in 2018?

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• michigan

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Ohio State

• Penn State

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

Results are only viewable after voting.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that makes no sense and wouldn't happen at any program. He went on to win the CCG and Cotton Bowl. Urban was able to send the most decorated QB in school history off on a high note. I have no issue with that, not sure why you do.

I think his passing numbers will be similar because I don't think he'll have as many attempts. I think the team will be built around the run, but if he's playing to his capabilities, he can produce more efficiently than JT as a passer.

Yes, I do understand that. It's why JaMarcus Russell and VY were busts. I'm not sure how you've decided Haskins doesn't have that, but ok.

Every program isn’t sitting the best QB in the conference, while starting their 3rd most talented QB, on purpose.

And just so we all understand — Haskins will throw less, but for the same yards and touchdowns. So I’m guessing you have a new deep threat coming at WR? Or will the WR’s now be able to get separation on deep routes, because Haskins is at QB? And out of curiousity — what is Haskins capabilities? He has never started a game, yet you are talking about playing up to his capabilities? It’d be like a Michigan fan saying Tarik Black is the best WR in the B1G, because coaches said he was the most polished route runner they’ve seen as a true freshman and he was the #1 WR for UM until he broke his foot and coaches said he could end up as the best WR in UM history by the time he is done. Newsflash — coaches talk up their players. The next guy up is always the next big thing. Until they prove it on the field — it means nothing. And spot duty as the backup QB isn’t proving anything.

And the NFL and CFB are polar opposites for QB’s. Young and Russell were busts because they had to make throws they never had to in live games. The huge window you have to throw to in CFB, is minuscule in the NFL. They couldn’t makes the necessary throws to be successful. It is why Urban Meyer QB’s like Tebow, like JT Barrett, like Chris Leak, etc. are successful in college and do nothing in the NFL. Has nothing to do with between the ears for guys like that, it is having to make throws they never had to make in college. I added Barrett because I watched him in the CFB all-star challenge and his arm compared to others in the contest was noticeably weaker, and I do not see him playing QB on Sundays.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every program isn’t sitting the best QB in the conference, while starting their 3rd most talented QB, on purpose.

And just so we all understand — Haskins will throw less, but for the same yards and touchdowns. So I’m guessing you have a new deep threat coming at WR? Or will the WR’s now be able to get separation on deep routes, because Haskins is at QB? And out of curiousity — what is Haskins capabilities? He has never started a game, yet you are talking about playing up to his capabilities? It’d be like a Michigan fan saying Tarik Black is the best WR in the B1G, because coaches said he was the most polished route runner they’ve seen as a true freshman and he was the #1 WR for UM until he broke his foot and coaches said he could end up as the best WR in UM history by the time he is done. Newsflash — coaches talk up their players. The next guy up is always the next big thing. Until they prove it on the field — it means nothing. And spot duty as the backup QB isn’t proving anything.

And the NFL and CFB are polar opposites for QB’s. Young and Russell were busts because they had to make throws they never had to in live games. The huge window you have to throw to in CFB, is minuscule in the NFL. They couldn’t makes the necessary throws to be successful. It is why Urban Meyer QB’s like Tebow, like JT Barrett, like Chris Leak, etc. are successful in college and do nothing in the NFL. Has nothing to do with between the ears for guys like that, it is having to make throws they never had to make in college. I added Barrett because I watched him in the CFB all-star challenge and his arm compared to others in the contest was noticeably weaker, and I do not see him playing QB on Sundays.
Jesus fuck dude. I don't know how many yards and TDs he's going to throw for. We have yet to see how they run the offense. You really need to calm down on this. Just because I'm expressing my opinion it doesn't mean I've got a fucking crystal ball. I've repeated myself enough to you on here. I'm bored and annoyed with your responses. Haskins will be the best QB in the B1G in my opinion. If you disagree, then lay out the reasons for who you think will be better and we can have a conversation. If you're going to sit here and act like this, then we have nothing left to talk about. Making demands for me to tell you exactly how the season is going to go is stupid.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fuck dude. I don't know how many yards and TDs he's going to throw for. We have yet to see how they run the offense. You really need to calm down on this. Just because I'm expressing my opinion it doesn't mean I've got a fucking crystal ball. I've repeated myself enough to you on here. I'm bored and annoyed with your responses. Haskins will be the best QB in the B1G in my opinion. If you disagree, then lay out the reasons for who you think will be better and we can have a conversation. If you're going to sit here and act like this, then we have nothing left to talk about. Making demands for me to tell you exactly how the season is going to go is stupid.
Weren’t you asking me to pull out a crystal ball to find out what games Ohio State would lose? Way to be complete vague on what Haskins is going to do.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren’t you asking me to pull out a crystal ball to find out what games Ohio State would lose? Way to be complete vague on what Haskins is going to do.
Are you fucking serious? Picking out a game you see a team losing is a bit different than being asked to say exactly how many yards and TDs a player is going to have. I've already said I expect him to have similar numbers to Barrett this year.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9fcdbd587002527db129f89410aff80a.jpg

pretty sure he's telling the team all the places he likes to keep his cigars and to make SURE the girl always swallows and doesn't drip any on her clothes..........

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure he's telling the team all the places he likes to keep his cigars and to make SURE the girl always swallows and doesn't drip any on her clothes..........
Pretty sure he’d Be the last guy I would seek advice from on making sure women swallow.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State isn't going to sneak up on anyone this fall as a likely preseason Top 5 team.

SEC Network analyst Booger McFarland believes the Buckeyes are a College Football Playoff frontrunner, mentioning Urban Meyer's squad in the same breath as Alabama and Clemson during a recent appearance on the Paul Finebaum Show.

"I think Ohio State is going to be there,” McFarland said in January. “I think Ohio State is going to be better. (Dwayne) Haskins is a better thrower than J.T. Barrett, so I think Oho State is actually going to be better (than last year).

“Right now the haves are Ohio State, Penn State is going to be there, Alabama and Clemson. I think you’re looking at five or six teams that can win a national championship next year.”

Booger McFarland: 'Ohio State will be better in 2018'

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State isn't going to sneak up on anyone this fall as a likely preseason Top 5 team.

SEC Network analyst Booger McFarland believes the Buckeyes are a College Football Playoff frontrunner, mentioning Urban Meyer's squad in the same breath as Alabama and Clemson during a recent appearance on the Paul Finebaum Show.

"I think Ohio State is going to be there,” McFarland said in January. “I think Ohio State is going to be better. (Dwayne) Haskins is a better thrower than J.T. Barrett, so I think Oho State is actually going to be better (than last year).

“Right now the haves are Ohio State, Penn State is going to be there, Alabama and Clemson. I think you’re looking at five or six teams that can win a national championship next year.”

Booger McFarland: 'Ohio State will be better in 2018'
:kermit:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did lay out the guys — McSorley, who was responsible for 40 touchdowns last year and will be a 3 year starter.
Lewerke — who as a first year starter had games where he threw for over 400 yards and returns hecery skill position player
Patterson — who averaged over 300+ yards a game passing in the SEC

All three guys have throw for over 400 yards in ONE GAME. Haskins has throw for 500 in two years.

IF he were this next level QB, who can make all these throws Barrett cannot — saying he will put up numbers similar to Barrett makes absolutely no sense.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did lay out the guys — McSorley, who was responsible for 40 touchdowns last year and will be a 3 year starter.
Lewerke — who as a first year starter had games where he threw for over 400 yards and returns hecery skill position player
Patterson — who averaged over 300+ yards a game passing in the SEC

All three guys have throw for over 400 yards in ONE GAME. Haskins has throw for 500 in two years.

IF he were this next level QB, who can make all these throws Barrett cannot — saying he will put up numbers similar to Barrett makes absolutely no sense.
You realize putting up the type of overall numbers Barrett put up last year would make him the top QB in the B1G, right? I don't know that they are going to lean on him as much, at least not right away. However, he is simply able to make throws JT cannot.

This article sums things up nicely:

Weber, Dobbins Excited for Coming Offensive Changes | The-Ozone

“I feel like you’ll see more deep passes,” Dobbins said when asked what a Haskins-led offense would look like. “The passing game will be crazy because Dwayne has an amazing arm. It will be kind of similar to last year because J.T. had a great arm as well. It won’t be too much different, but I feel like we’ll see a few more deep passes.”
“It’s going to be hard for defenses to control that,” he said. “We’ve got all our receivers coming back. They all can play. We’ve got a good quarterback that can throw it down the field. That’s going to back the defense up and you can run it, and if they come in, you can throw it. It’s going to be hard for defenses to control. All we’ve got to do is execute.”

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins makes them pretty much have to give the ball to the RBs instead of going to the stupid run JT Barrett into the ground offense (even when the RBs do touch the ball they are getting yards in gashes)

Nothing more frustrating the past few seasons than watching them totally abandon the bread and butter with the RBs and going to a bunch of QB runs.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shea Patterson vs Bama and LSU

24/53 0 TD 5 INT

Of his 23 career TD passes, 9 came against South Alabama and UT-Martin.

He was "good" against Auburn.....but also not very good against Cal (26/44 2 TD 3 INT)

I think Michigan fans are going to be disappointed setting him up to be some kind of savior.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shea Patterson vs Bama and LSU

24/53 0 TD 5 INT

Of his 23 career TD passes, 9 came against South Alabama and UT-Martin.

He was "good" against Auburn.....but also not very good against Cal (26/44 2 TD 3 INT)

I think Michigan fans are going to be disappointed setting him up to be some kind of savior.
Sssssshhhhhhh let them get their hopes up. They could be winning Natty on a Platter with Heisman Patterson until mid October when the tough part of the schedule starts.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sssssshhhhhhh let them get their hopes up. They could be winning Natty on a Platter with Heisman Patterson until mid October when the tough part of the schedule starts.

Oh I'm sure he will look great against scrubs, as he did with Ole Miss. ANd theyll cream themselves over it.

However, He's wildly inconsistent, especially against better Ds and has a 4-6 record as a starter......including losses to Vanderbilt, Cal and a 6-7 Miss State team. Not like he was working with bottom of the barrel talent at Ole Miss either.

Yea yea yea "NFL ARM TALENT!!!!" how far does that get you though if you turn into a erratic mess against better competition?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sure he will look great against scrubs, as he did with Ole Miss. ANd theyll cream themselves over it.

However, He's wildly inconsistent, especially against better Ds and has a 4-6 record as a starter......including losses to Vanderbilt, Cal and a 6-7 Miss State team. Not like he was working with bottom of the barrel talent at Ole Miss either.

Yea yea yea "NFL ARM TALENT!!!!" how far does that get you though if you turn into a erratic mess against better competition?
Ask USC fans about Darnold.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus the fact that Michigan had a terrible o-line last year. If it doesn't drastically improve, Shea is going to get beaten like a Ukrainian mail-order bride.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus the fact that Michigan had a terrible o-line last year. If it doesn't drastically improve, Shea is going to get beaten like a Ukrainian mail-order bride.
He's the best shot they have at contending this year. If he comes in and plays well but the rest of the team doesn't hold up it's end of the deal, they'll end up right where they did this year. Sounds like he'll be gone after next year anyhow, and after that, who the hell knows what's going to be left at QB.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If michigan is going to be a contender next year, I'm not seeing much they can rely on this class for, so the existing guys will be bearing the load. Hutchinson looks like a really solid DE that will provide depth. I know nothing about McGrone. The other 4* guys are two OTs (likely going to RS, not high end 4*), a TE, a very raw QB, and a CB. Then it's all 3* guys. Yuck.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize putting up the type of overall numbers Barrett put up last year would make him the top QB in the B1G, right? I don't know that they are going to lean on him as much, at least not right away. However, he is simply able to make throws JT cannot.

This article sums things up nicely:

Weber, Dobbins Excited for Coming Offensive Changes | The-Ozone

Here is why I say it is ridiculous — if Barrett is limited as a QB and they have him throw 30+ times a game — why would they then throw LESS when they have the best throwing QB in the B1G? Wouldn’t they throw more to utilize his arm since he won’t be running?

And if anything, wouldn’t it be smart to lean on him early to get him used to the live action, instead of waiting for a game it is necessary to throw a ton?

Also, I don’t think OSU will change much on offense. I also don’t see them abandoning the RPO for a more standard offense. I truly hope they do, as it frees up the DE to make plays against the run. I don’t see it happening though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why I say it is ridiculous — if Barrett is limited as a QB and they have him throw 30+ times a game — why would they then throw LESS when they have the best throwing QB in the B1G? Wouldn’t they throw more to utilize his arm since he won’t be running?

And if anything, wouldn’t it be smart to lean on him early to get him used to the live action, instead of waiting for a game it is necessary to throw a ton?

Also, I don’t think OSU will change much on offense. I also don’t see them abandoning the RPO for a more standard offense. I truly hope they do, as it frees up the DE to make plays against the run. I don’t see it happening though.
Barrett is more limited in that he doesn't have as strong of an arm, nor does he have the touch on intermediate-deep passes that Haskins does. This is pretty well-known, I don't know how you don't know that.

I'm thinking of it this way - Barrett's lack of touch last year led us to too many third down situations where we had to pass. If he didn't pass, he would tuck it and run. His athleticism allowed him to pick up quite a few of those 3rd downs, but we also wound up short a lot. Having a much more accurate QB is going to allow us to have fewer of those 3rd and 8 situations, meaning a more efficient offense that can run more through our stud RBs. Haskins will unquestionably get his numbers, I have no doubt. However, we won't be running the RPO anywhere near as much as we did last year. I can't wait.