• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who is getting Destiny 2?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been able to play it yet but reddit is convinced that its the end of the world now that they have to shoot things with primary weapons.

I like that part. Although they have already said they are going to tweak ammo drops.

There are also a couple of Supers that aren't in their correct spec so you'll likely have people complaining about the Warlock being underpowered in PVP and Golden Gun not lasting long enough but thats because the beta doesnt have the right perk set unlocked for PVP imo.

Agreed. My only real grip with the supers was that it took too long to charge them which they said they are fixing.

Hunter in general looks like its in a weird spot. With Arc Strider you can run through a lot of the content by just spamming Dodge, Melee, Dodge, Melee, Dodge, Melee, Dodge, Melee. It looks really out of place but I guess its not anything game breaking. When Raids come around, though, Arc Strider has zero support abilities and will see zero use I'd imagine.

Wasn't that pretty much the same case in D1?

I think 4v4 PVP isnt too bad due to the map size but I'm hearing solo players are getting totally crushed in PVP as expected.

I'm liking what I'm seeing out of Destiny 2 even if its not reinventing the wheel or anything.

Playing solo definitely seemed to be a disadvantage but I suspect as you get more comfortable with the maps it won't be so bad.

I'm happy the didn't reinvent the wheel with D2. D1 was one of my favorite games of all time and I was really just hoping for a big update to that game rather than a totally new game.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you can down load the full game right now in preparation of the release in 2 weeks.

Getting pretty excited to play it.
Yeah, it was 29 GB's. However just imagine the Day 1 update... Which platform do you play on?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with you. But I play it primarily for PvE anyway. I only play PvP when I get bored with PvE or I need to gain some sort of loot through PvP.

Problem is that the only way to get loot in Destiny was to go PvE matches, but they didn't supply match making for a good chunk of that area. If I were 12 I'd probably have a ton of online friends to find one of them online. As is I have one buddy we played Destiny and our schedules were the same since we are both old.

I'm going to wait to see if it's just another reskinned DLC.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that the only way to get loot in Destiny was to go PvE matches, but they didn't supply match making for a good chunk of that area. If I were 12 I'd probably have a ton of online friends to find one of them online. As is I have one buddy we played Destiny and our schedules were the same since we are both old.

That's a fair point. You really need to have some friends to play with. Luckily I have a small crew of 40+ year old children that love playing it. It's pretty amusing to our SOs to hear us all talking about a video game. But as far as overgrown boy hobbies, it's pretty cheap so they don't mind.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fair point. You really need to have some friends to play with. Luckily I have a small crew of 40+ year old children that love playing it. It's pretty amusing to our SOs to hear us all talking about a video game. But as far as overgrown boy hobbies, it's pretty cheap so they don't mind.

Yeah I got my moneys worth out of Destiny, but never got the last DLC. I stopped after the game pass ran out because I was tired of more of the same stuff, just with harder matches to join. We had a crew of guys that would play, but one never had kids so he is out at nights while another for some reason changed of to XBox from PS4. Now it's just two of us, and we typically play whatever new co-op FPS is out or lately just been rocketleague-ing it up each night.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that pretty much the same case in D1?
Hunters were underpowered in PVE and overpowered in PVP in year 1 for sure. Nightstalker was a real game changer, though, as it was probably the 2nd best PVE subclass and at various point was near the top of the PVP food chain in some modes, too. You could get a Nightstalker build with very little cooldown on the Super and the Super did a ranged damage debuff, restricted enemy movement and generated a ton of orbs.

There isnt really matchmaking for it and you wouldn't want matchmaking, either, because if you know how to play then Destiny's algorithms in PVE and PVP match you up with players who can't play to balance out the experience.

It IS basically a reskinned DLC but it has a ton of new content and some real changes to how you play Destiny. Its an easy Day 1 purchase for me but if you're on the fence then you might as well wait for Destiny 2 complete edition or whatever it will be called.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunters were underpowered in PVE and overpowered in PVP in year 1 for sure. Nightstalker was a real game changer, though, as it was probably the 2nd best PVE subclass and at various point was near the top of the PVP food chain in some modes, too. You could get a Nightstalker build with very little cooldown on the Super and the Super did a ranged damage debuff, restricted enemy movement and generated a ton of orbs.

Nightstalker was definitely a huge win for Hunters. Curious what they will do with that class in the DLC.

The other 2 classes were basically useless in PVE.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nightstalker was definitely a huge win for Hunters. Curious what they will do with that class in the DLC.

The other 2 classes were basically useless in PVE.
Still pissed off about having an Expansion Pass that only provides 2/4 DLCs

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting it, but on PC, because my buddy really wants me to play this one with him. I didn't do Destiny 1.

And the PC release isn't until October 24, way after the console version is released.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still pissed off about having an Expansion Pass that only provides 2/4 DLCs

Same. And the 2 you got weren't anything special, just unlocking the game that you could tell was already there but hidden until they "expand".

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. And the 2 you got weren't anything special, just unlocking the game that you could tell was already there but hidden until they "expand".
Very true, that's one thing I respect about Call of Duty is at least they provide all 4 expansion packs when you buy a digital deluxe edition.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, that's one thing I respect about Call of Duty is at least they provide all 4 expansion packs when you buy a digital deluxe edition.

The first time I ever heard "DLC really means Disk Locked Content" was with Destiny. You could look at planet maps and realize there was a huge corner that was blacked out because they were just waiting to release it. Then when the expansion came out it was a couple hundred MB in size because they were just lifting the restrictions.

Probably won't get Destiny 2, remembering all the bullshit. "This next expansion will be huge! We will finally let you wear your helmet in the communal zones AND we will sell you a new dance move!". :L

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time I ever heard "DLC really means Disk Locked Content" was with Destiny. You could look at planet maps and realize there was a huge corner that was blacked out because they were just waiting to release it. Then when the expansion came out it was a couple hundred MB in size because they were just lifting the restrictions.

Probably won't get Destiny 2, remembering all the bullshit. "This next expansion will be huge! We will finally let you wear your helmet in the communal zones AND we will sell you a new dance move!". :L
True, especially with Destiny 2 only have "4 planets" yeah okay... We all know the game will end with like 7.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, especially with Destiny 2 only have "4 planets" yeah okay... We all know the game will end with like 7.
Probably, although Destiny 1 only had 5 IIRC.

People complain about the business model but I remember paying $60 for Toe Jam and Earl and Mortal Kombat 2. Destiny is just about the cheapest form of entertainment I've had in the past decade. Not nearly as bad as being in something like Magic the Gathering, Warhammer or having a really hobby like fixing cars.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, although Destiny 1 only had 5 IIRC.

People complain about the business model but I remember paying $60 for Toe Jam and Earl and Mortal Kombat 2. Destiny is just about the cheapest form of entertainment I've had in the past decade. Not nearly as bad as being in something like Magic the Gathering, Warhammer or having a really hobby like fixing cars.

True, but once I paid $60 I got the entire game. Not half of the story line and then have to pay another $60 to the other half. Destiny during it's beta time showed to have more planets than the actual launch had, which tipped their hands to everyone that the other data was tehre but locked away.

Oh yeah, fuck Deej.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but once I paid $60 I got the entire game. Not half of the story line and then have to pay another $60 to the other half. Destiny during it's beta time showed to have more planets than the actual launch had, which tipped their hands to everyone that the other data was tehre but locked away.

Oh yeah, fuck Deej.
Yeah, they lock away content and outright lie to the player base. There is this need in video games now to keep people constantly thinking about their product in some way or another so they are stretching content way too thin.

Imo, the only Destiny I'll really defend is the Taken King. They obviously put some effort into that. Vanilla Destiny was a beta and Rise of Iron was a joke.

Destiny 2 does look really good but it still means putting up with Bungie.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got charged $107 for Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe Edition today... that means its very close to release. Can't wait! Anybody in here have Xbox?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got charged $107 for Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe Edition today... that means its very close to release. Can't wait! Anybody in here have Xbox?

Yup. flyerhawk is my handle.