• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so where is jacob eason transferring to?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't take long for the rumors and speculation to start. According to the Huskies beat writer, there have been multiple sources telling him Eason is heading to Montlake, however no official word has come out and all he has said publicly so far is right now he is spending time with his team.

I would expect a fairly quick decision though out of respect for his current team so they have time to fill that scholarship before LOI day.

Yes chewy, we know you think he's a bust. Maybe he will be, who knows.

The only down side at all to bringing him in is it ties up a scholarship. That will work itself out with whatever QB's don't make it to starter transferring out on their own. As it stands right now they would have 4 QB's on the roster next year not including Eason.

Wherever he goes he will have 2 years of eligibility and will have had one season of experience and two full seasons of development before he has any chance of seeing the field again. Including one full year under whatever system he lands in next. He will get every chance to prove whether or not he deserves to be a starter. I love that if he picks UW he will have two very solid guys pushing him and I really don't care which of the 3 ends up leading the team after Browning leaves. The more choices the better.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Got a big ol logjam at QB looming for 2019, but so be it. All of them are studs and let the best one win the start job. Nice to know we got that position locked up for years and plenty of depth.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Eason go to Florida. Talk about an AWESOME story line in October the next few seasons!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that at all. He needs more help around him.
Both are true really.

Browning suffered from not only Ross leaving, but all of those injuries at WR. It for sure hurt their numbers.

But, he also hasn't developed his game in broken plays and never really picks up the team when it is down and carries them to victory. He's kind of his own guy and not really a team leader in that way.

Don't get me wrong, he's still one of the best arms I've seen at UW and will go down as an all time great, but he's not a top 10 in the country QB right now and I'm not sure a change at OC is going to move him up all that much.

They can for sure improve at that position once Browning leaves if any of the 3 big names behind him develops the way they should. Still a big if though. Always a crap shoot at QB.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are true really.

Browning suffered from not only Ross leaving, but all of those injuries at WR. It for sure hurt their numbers.

But, he also hasn't developed his game in broken plays and never really picks up the team when it is down and carries them to victory. He's kind of his own guy and not really a team leader in that way.

Don't get me wrong, he's still one of the best arms I've seen at UW and will go down as an all time great, but he's not a top 10 in the country QB right now and I'm not sure a change at OC is going to move him up all that much.

They can for sure improve at that position once Browning leaves if any of the 3 big names behind him develops the way they should. Still a big if though. Always a crap shoot at QB.
Don't really disagree with any of that. I just don't think it's fair to say he's holding anything back. He's not really a leader, I think having a Jr quarterback who isn't a regular captain says all you really need to know about that. He basically comes as advertised. Not only did he have a depleted WR group this year, but I still refuse to let the O line off the hook. His struggles came when he didn't have time, or when he did, no one was open. Same shit as last year. Of course he has plenty of room to improve, but holding the team back? I don't see it. The losses this year were really completely a group effort.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are true really.

which one is in the lead to finish career at eastern washington?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really disagree with any of that. I just don't think it's fair to say he's holding anything back. He's not really a leader, I think having a Jr quarterback who isn't a regular captain says all you really need to know about that. He basically comes as advertised. Not only did he have a depleted WR group this year, but I still refuse to let the O line off the hook. His struggles came when he didn't have time, or when he did, no one was open. Same shit as last year. Of course he has plenty of room to improve, but holding the team back? I don't see it. The losses this year were really completely a group effort.
I wasn't agreeing he is holding them back, more saying they could still improve there. But almost every school could still improve there, even ones that love their current QB.

I wouldn't think it entirely impossible one of the two incoming QB's couldn't actually push him this very year. I doubt either would be solid enough to pass him, but who knows?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which one is in the lead to finish career at eastern washington?
IMO Yankoff is the guy most likely to leave. I mean once he blows his load of course.

:yo:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Got a big ol logjam at QB looming for 2019, but so be it. All of them are studs and let the best one win the start job. Nice to know we got that position locked up for years and plenty of depth.
Never bad too have a stable of good QB's, unless you try doing the whole rotating QB thing