• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, when will you Iowa fans give KF credit?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerms, we got outccoached today by Randy Fucking Edsell. When that happens it's time to give up all hope for this coaching staff. I think this might be the last game I watch the rest of the year. Completely atrocious. The mistakes we made on defense today were the same we made last week. That's a coaching issue. Our offense had one good week and now look what happened. KF needs to go

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HRURF,

You've nailed it with your post. If the current starters can't perform/execute...can you imagine how little coaching the #2's and #3's are getting? All of the coaching and practice reps are going into the starters in an effort for them to 'get it'. The situation reminds me of when Stanzi went down against NW a few years back and our #2 QB came in and looked absolutely horrible.

Same 'ol story...different season...

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We threw the ball 56 times and Rudock managed just a hair over 300 yards. Maryland struggles against the run so what did Iowa do? Threw the ball 56 fucking times, completed their first pass to a receiver in the 3rd quarter. This play calling, piss poor penalties, dumbass turnovers is all a product of the garbage system we have installed over the last 3 years. WTF has to happen for a change up, more wasted seasons???? Iowa should be 7-0 but we have struggled to win 5 games. Why didn't CJ see the field Saturday? Does Kirk not understand that we have a dual threat QB that could have stirred some things up Saturday. What a joke this staff has become and the people who can make changes either are making excuses or just don't fucking care. I am sick and tired of losing to shit teams. I don't know why I even watch anymore

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many points did Maryland score after our defense hit the one with the ball? Players fault

How many passes hit the hands of Iowa's receivers in 1st down or end zone and was dropped? Players fault

How many plays where receivers in 1st down range but one on 3rd down and Rudock passed to the 1 receiver not in 1st down range? Rudock's fault

How many plays did Scherff look bad and the guy lined up on him mess up the play? Scherff's fault

I'm not going to blame this game on the coaches when the players did such a horrible job executing anything. Even the All-American looked terrible against a no-name DE. Do I think Ferentz made decisions that hurt? Yes. But do I think those decisions are what kept Iowa from winning? No.

I predicted Maryland to win 35-27, so what happened came to no surprise to me. But I blame this loss 90% on the players.

You can argue it's the players, but it's just as easy to say the coaching staff recruited and are playing/developing the players who are missing blocking assignments, dropping passes, throwing ridiculous 4 yard passes over and over again, right? It's the chicken and the egg dilema so your analysis holds no water.

Also, thanks for the link to your predictions, you are amazing predicting wins and losses. Try putting on big boy pants and betting against the spreads, wins and losses is amateur hour.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can argue it's the players, but it's just as easy to say the coaching staff recruited and are playing/developing the players who are missing blocking assignments, dropping passes, throwing ridiculous 4 yard passes over and over again, right? It's the chicken and the egg dilema so your analysis holds no water.

Also, thanks for the link to your predictions, you are amazing predicting wins and losses. Try putting on big boy pants and betting against the spreads, wins and losses is amateur hour.

..and I'm still getting killed in the Espn pick'ums..:bawling:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Against the spread.

UNI

Odds: Iowa -17
My prediction: Iowa 31-7 (Iowa -24)
Result: Iowa 31-23 (I'm 0-1 vs odds)

Ball St

Odds: Iowa -17
My prediction: Iowa 28-17 (-11)
Result: Iowa 17-13 (I'm 1-1 vs odds)

Iowa State

Odds: Iowa -12.5
My prediction: Iowa 34-14 (Iowa -20), I originally had Iowa 34-28 (Iowa -6)
Result: Iowa State 20-17 (I'm 1-2 vs odds)

Pittsburgh

Odds: Pitt -6.5
My prediction: Iowa 17-14 (Iowa -3)
Result: Iowa 24-20 (I'm 2-2 vs odds)

Purdue

Odds: Iowa -7.5
My predictions: Iowa 28-13 (Iowa -15)
Result: Iowa 24-10 (I'm 3-2 vs odds)

Indiana

Odds: Iowa -3
My prediction: Iowa 31-21 (Iowa -10)
Result: Iowa 45-29 (I'm 4-2 vs odds)

Maryland

Odds: Iowa -3
My prediction: Maryland 35-27 (Maryland -8)
Result: Maryland 38-31 (I'm 5-2 vs odds)

There's how I've done with Iowa against the odds. Your turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going from your predictions vs the line and the actual result, you would have lost $ on the first 3 games and won the last 4. You are 4-3.

How much money you win?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going from your predictions vs the line and the actual result, you would have lost $ on the first 3 games and won the last 4. You are 4-3.

How much money you win?

How would I have lost money vs Ball State? I would have picked Ball State to cover the spread and they did.

I don't bet in real life, and IDK with the betting on here. Not all Iowa games have been up on Bookie. But when I do bet on cfb and NFL, I go by my predictions. I've had good weeks and bad weeks. I've gone from 25 vcash to 800 vcash in one weekend, then bet it all on BYU the game Taysom Hill gets injured. Also had 500+ and ended 200.

Last edited by a moderator:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I feel I am doing good predicting Iowa this season, better than most Iowa fans.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I feel I am doing good predicting Iowa this season, better than most Iowa fans.

Ain't no lie there. I was worried about the Maryland game and thought we could lose that one as well as Pitt but I picked Iowa anyway because they should win considering they pay a coach $4 mill to do so