• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so when vegas lifts the cup......

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regret not putting some money on them at the start of the season.

Reactions: gob

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone on here have any idea of what these castoffs would become?

GM George McPhee has said they will keep the team together at the trade deadline and possibly look to add a piece or two. They are a fun team to watch and it's a great atmosphere at the rink in Vegas.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM George McPhee has said they will keep the team together at the trade deadline and possibly look to add a piece or two. They are a fun team to watch and it's a great atmosphere at the rink in Vegas.
i didnt follow the expansion draft as closely as some of you full time nhlers.....what team regrets the most you think about what they gave away?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt follow the expansion draft as closely as some of you full time nhlers.....what team regrets the most you think about what they gave away?

I think the Blue Jackets and William Karlsson who is having a great season for Vegas. I think they tried to make some moves to try to keep him prior to the expansion draft, but it didn't pan out.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will __________

be convinced the NHL rigged it

I think the Blue Jackets and William Karlsson who is having a great season for Vegas. I think they tried to make some moves to try to keep him prior to the expansion draft, but it didn't pan out.

Jackets do regret it for sure. Especially in light of the current situation with Jack Johnson (he wants a more visible role heading into free agency). The Jackets need a forward who can play all three positions and in all 3 zones, and if Jack Johnson was on the Knights, he'd be getting talked about as much as MAF and would stand to cash in this offseason. Jackets made a deal to protect Johnson, Anderson and Korpisalo. Only one of them has made a positive difference this year.

I think the Pens have to be dealing with a fair amount of regret over MAF. Their goalies are good, but neither one has that "steal a game" fire in them. Fleury has flat out stolen a few games this year.

Reactions: gob

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they gave Vegas their first round pick as well so that they would specifically pick Karlsson (and take Clarkson's contract off their hands, which didn't mean anything because he's a permanent LTIR case with insurance anyway). It was weird then, it's just idiocy now.

I think Florida regrets trading them Reilly Smith specifically so that they would choose Jonathan Marchessault (I think - the people running the Panthers aren't all that clever). Marchessault and Smith are 1st and 3rd in Vegas scoring.

Oh, and they have their old coach who had this happen to him in Florida:

Florida Panthers coach forced to wait for a taxi after team fires him 22 games into the season

For me, Florida takes all the marbles.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pens have to be dealing with a fair amount of regret over MAF. Their goalies are good, but neither one has that "steal a game" fire in them. Fleury has flat out stolen a few games this year.
Pens have a goalie without whom they would not have won 2 consecutive Stanley Cups.

I don't think they miss LMAFO much.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would go with Minni ... they were in probably the toughest spot prior to the draft but I think in hindsight they would have done some different things ... losing both Haula and Tuch ... ouch

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they gave Vegas their first round pick as well so that they would specifically pick Karlsson (and take Clarkson's contract off their hands, which didn't mean anything because he's a permanent LTIR case with insurance anyway). It was weird then, it's just idiocy now.

I think Florida regrets trading them Reilly Smith specifically so that they would choose Jonathan Marchessault (I think - the people running the Panthers aren't all that clever). Marchessault and Smith are 1st and 3rd in Vegas scoring.

Florida Panthers coach forced to wait for a taxi after team fires him 22 games into the season

Yeah, good points BBB, Florida certainly has aided Vegas while significantly hurting their team.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already starting to worry about what good young player the Flames are going to lose in the next expansion draft because you know Seattle is going to get the same deal as Vegas.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Knights to be doing what they're doing is unheard of in expansion history. They did however get good players in the expansion draft but for them to play as a unit so well for so long is a mystery. I really like that team and hope they go deep in the playoffs. Don't want them to win the cup though. Not in year 1. That makes a farce out of it.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

having lived in florida and gone to many panthers game, you wont get any argument from me on this...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already starting to worry about what good young player the Flames are going to lose in the next expansion draft because you know Seattle is going to get the same deal as Vegas.
I think teams will be much smarter come the next one. Yeah, you might lose a player you’d rather not. It’s one player. You could lose that player to a bad injury, to a contract dispute, you could lose a trade…

I don’t think there will be this side-deal craziness again where teams like Florida and Columbus just gave away two good (potentially good in terms of Columbus’ 1st rounder) players for no reason at all. I think in most cases GM’s will just hope for the best.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also just like to say that I really wish the Leafs tried harder to get Colin Miller before the draft.