• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what are Ohio St's chances of getting in the CFP now...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could be a couple scenarios, some provide a greater chances for the Buckeyes:

Best Scenario

1. Alabama loses to Floriduh
2. Stanford loses to USC

I give this scenario a 1% chance for the fact Bama will kill Floriduh.

Other Scenario

1. Clemson loses to UNC
2. Stanford loses to USC

In this scenario, Clemson will most likely have to drop from the 1 spot in CFP rankings this week, UNC will have to squeak out a win, and the committee will have think Ohio St has a better resume, a better top 5 win and is a better team--which is not a crazy thought. This might be the most possible scenario, but I give it a 25% chance. Plus Stanford has to lose and they have been playing great of late. Also, MSU would likely have to beat Iowa, so then the Ohio St lose looks a lot better in the committee's eyes.

So it was a good season, but one fluky, bad playcalling game most likely keeps us out the playoffs. I hope they inspired to play in their bowl game and crush whoever they play, that being said.

GO BUCKEYES!!!! :suds:

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could be a couple scenarios, some provide a greater chances for the Buckeyes:

Best Scenario

2. Stanford loses to USC

Other Scenario

1. Clemson loses to UNC
2. Stanford loses to USC

In this scenario, Clemson will most likely have to drop from the 1 spot in CFP rankings this week, UNC will have to squeak out a win, and the committee will have think Ohio St has a better resume, a better top 5 win and is a better team--which is not a crazy thought. This might be the most possible scenario, but I give it a 25% chance. Plus Stanford has to lose and they have been playing great of late. Also, MSU would likely have to beat Iowa, so then the Ohio St lose looks a lot better in the committee's eyes.

So it was a good season, but one fluky, bad playcalling game most likely keeps us out the playoffs. I hope they inspired to play in their bowl game and crush whoever they play, that being said.

Saw on 11W that the betting site 538 gives them a 22% chance. I think even with an upset the committee will have to look past resumes to a certain degree and just say "We believe Ohio State to be the better team". That being said I would very much enjoy a USC-Ohio State Rose Bowl

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw on 11W that the betting site 538 gives them a 22% chance. I think even with an upset the committee will have to look past resumes to a certain degree and just say "We believe Ohio State to be the better team". That being said I would very much enjoy a USC-Ohio State Rose Bowl

Yeah, true. I think they would have a chance if it was between UNC and Ohio St honestly. I just dont know how they can say that UNC is a better team then Ohio St. They would of course both only beat 1 ranked team, but look at their loss and look at their resume. Plus, the B1G is a much better conference as a whole. It would be interesting to see what they would do.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically bama loses we have a chance

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any upsets happening. As much as I would love to see our team in the playoffs, I'm come to accept whatever bowl game the Buckeyes are invited to. The Rose Bowl is the likely bid and I would love to punish USC. The Buckeyes blew their chance with shit playcalling that doomed them from the playoffs.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any upsets happening. As much as I would love to see our team in the playoffs, I'm come to accept whatever bowl game the Buckeyes are invited to. The Rose Bowl is the likely bid and I would love to punish USC. The Buckeyes blew their chance with shit playcalling that doomed them from the playoffs.
I wouldn't mind a win over SC

1974 was the last time we beat them.

0-7 since

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it was a good season, but one fluky, bad playcalling game most likely keeps us out the playoffs.

That's what's frustrating to me. But really, they looked uninspired a lot this season, then they lose to MSU and it lights a fire under their asses. Frustrating as hell.

At least they welcomed Harbaugh to the rivalry with a proper butt-fucking in their house.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best Scenario

2. Stanford loses to USC

Other Scenario

1. Clemson loses to UNC
2. Stanford loses to USC

I wouldn't call it fluky as we played and coached like that all year

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call it fluky as we played and coached like that all year

Seriously. We just finally ran into a team we couldn't flat out talent with bad play calling.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad part is Ohio State is one of the four best teams in the country. Everyone knows it. Too bad it isn't that simple

Four most talented, absolutely, but four best? Based on what? Certainly not anything they've demonstrated on the field this season.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we really need Stanford to lose, but them blowing out USC would certainly hurt our chances. As would Iowa blowing out MSU. UNC beating Clemson helps our chances some, but only if it's a close game. If they beat Clemson convincingly, they should, and likely will, jump us. Florida beating Bama is key. That's not the only way we get in, but it's by far the outcome most likely to result in us getting the #4 seed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagesvcxxcvxc.jpg

:markmay:

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four most talented, absolutely, but four best? Based on what? Certainly not anything they've demonstrated on the field this season.

I think the Michigan game showed this team and coaching staff finally received the wake up call we've been waiting for.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be. Got a close friend who is a huge ND fan. We went to the 06 Fiesta bowl. I didn't have 2 kids and a wife then so not sure about the chances of making this one