• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So we have no idea if Thursday Night Football

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will be a full season? Too much secrecy with sie games this year with this and the two London dates being unknown for the other two games.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they dump the color rush idea.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's on I will watch.

I don't think they should have it all year though.

I think after Turkey Day might be OK but all year is excessive.

And yes, can those silly Thursday only unis.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's on I will watch.

The Thursday night football gimmick was fun when they reserved it strictly for Thanksgiving and as a week 1 opener game. Having it every week is just stupid IMO, 1) The product on the field often seems to suffer as a result of the short weeks, 2) injury risk goes up, and 3) I have a hard enough time as it is trying to make time for football just on Sundays and Mondays. No need for games 3 days a week.

Get rid of the London games altogether, I am sick of seeing teams have to waste home games in London and have the league act like it's a fair deal. If they are going to have London games, it should automatically be 2 different games between the top 4 seeds of the previous year's playoffs instead of making crappy teams that already have a terrible chance of being competitive throughout the season waste home games in London, plus that would promote the product to the international audeince better by showcasing the best teams internationally.

Of course the NFL won't do anything that hurts the immediate short-term bottom line, but their viewership has been decreasing and I don't think these above factors ultimately help with that long-term.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they want viewership up in those games they need to look at the crappy games they set aside for them.

If those games don't have Dallas, GB, NE, Oakland, or NY they can probably kiss ratings goodbye. Same for London games

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually never watch the Thursday game unless Seattle is playing...

I think it's stupid though. NFL is too demanding of a game, those guys need rest for a good week. The Thanksgiving game is tradition I guess and everyone in the past who signs with Detroit/Dallas expects it, but every week? That's bogus... I HATE when Seattle gets stuck with a Thursday night game because it increases the chance of injury, especially if they are going up against a tough opponent. I get the other team is tired too, but that's not the point... point is guys need the rest.

Also, usually I have plenty of other stuff to watch with baseball season wrapping up, NBA just starting (don't follow NBA but the first few games early on and finals are fun to watch), NCAAF on Saturday, etc. I don't need another game to fill up the week. It overall detracts from my p0rn which makes me grouchy, and I just get all bitchy on the forums and at work.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually never watch the Thursday game unless Seattle is playing...

I think it's stupid though. NFL is too demanding of a game, those guys need rest for a good week. The Thanksgiving game is tradition I guess and everyone in the past who signs with Detroit/Dallas expects it, but every week? That's bogus... I HATE when Seattle gets stuck with a Thursday night game because it increases the chance of injury, especially if they are going up against a tough opponent. I get the other team is tired too, but that's not the point... point is guys need the rest.

Also, usually I have plenty of other stuff to watch with baseball season wrapping up, NBA just starting (don't follow NBA but the first few games early on and finals are fun to watch), NCAAF on Saturday, etc. I don't need another game to fill up the week. It overall detracts from my p0rn which makes me grouchy, and I just get all bitchy on the forums and at work.
The only way I'd be on board with TNF is if it's after a bye for both teams. Which would limit its run to the middle of the season.

The owners won't go for it, though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I'd be on board with TNF is if it's after a bye for both teams. Which would limit its run to the middle of the season.

The owners won't go for it, though.

Yah... a good idea but agreed owners wouldn't go for it and it'd be a nightmare if not impossible to align all those schedules/byes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... a good idea but agreed owners wouldn't go for it and it'd be a nightmare if not impossible to align all those schedules/byes.

Plus all teams would have to be equally represented, etc. Just a big mess.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more football the better imo. I love having football Thursday, Sunday, Monday.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they want viewership up in those games they need to look at the crappy games they set aside for them.

If those games don't have Dallas, GB, NE, Oakland, or NY they can probably kiss ratings goodbye. Same for London games
Dallas and Green Bay usually get the highest ratings.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have only have teams on which I have two or more fantasy players play that night., otherwise I'm not interested...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games, usually no matter who is playing, all suck........players are hurt, tired, and don't give a ton of effort. It's just bad football.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that bumper sticker about a bad day fishing?

Bad football is still better than no football (or college ball for that matter..).

But I'm still not a fan of Thursday games.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's on I will watch.

I like Thanksgiving games... I just wish the Cowboys weren't shown every stinking year.

:dhd: