• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Urban Meyer didn't lie.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been trying to find where the restraining order was ever actually executed. According to the police report, she initially requested one, but I cannot find where she ever actually followed through on it. I'm not trying to be combative to your link, I genuinely can't find the actual confirmation of it.
I looked for both sides of it and couldn’t really find much on way or the other. It seems the only things I’m finding on her not following up on it is being parroted by Ohio State fans on message boards rather than anything reliable. I only used that link because it had a timeline.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying that but you're wrong.. He was flat out asked about any domestic violence accusations against Zack Smith and he failed to give a truthful answer. You keep trying to spin it doesn't make it so. It's s funny when the man admits he didn't tell the truth but you can't even believe it coming from him. lol.
"Urban Meyer issued a statement Friday saying that he "failed" when he denied knowing about domestic violence allegations against one of his former assistant coaches, Zach Smith.

Meyer issued the statement while Smith was giving an interview to ESPN.

Meyer said last week that he knew nothing about a 2015 complaint or any other domestic issues that Smith had during the six years Meyer and Smith worked together at Ohio State."

In other words he lied and you keep trying to say he didn't even after he says he did. lol
Wasn't he actually asked about the incident McMurphy wrote about, Zach being arrested for felonious assault and domestic violence? I listened to it earlier today and that's how it sounds. Obviously Urban didn't know about that because it never happened.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked for both sides of it and couldn’t really find much on way or the other. It seems the only things I’m finding on her not following up on it is being parroted by Ohio State fans on message boards rather than anything reliable. I only used that link because it had a timeline.
Well I also know in Ohio, any restraining order is terminated upon divorce, and she filed for divorce in November, so even if it was executed, it was short-lived. Not sure why the law is written that was, but there's a big difference between a restraining order and an order of protection, which was what he went to court for violating a couple weeks ago.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I also know in Ohio, any restraining order is terminated upon divorce, and she filed for divorce in November, so even if it was executed, it was short-lived. Not sure why the law is written that was, but there's a big difference between a restraining order and an order of protection, which was what he went to court for violating a couple weeks ago.
So when did the order of protection go into place?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have an actual report of this happening? The only place I can find this is from McMurphy's initial report, was was changed soon after. Right before it mentioned this November 10th restraining order, McMurphy notes "Zach was again arrested in October 2015, this time for felonious assault and domestic violence against his ex-wife." This, we now know, never actually happened.

I’m going out on a limb that it is true since ESPN, USA Today, Sports Illustrated, etc. have reported the same thing. They have easy access to these type of things.
If it didn’t happen — I doubt they’d be reporting about it now. Do I personally have access to the police report? No, and I wouldn’t have the first clue how to look something like that up.

I don’t know about October — when I saw the restraining order granted — it said the day before he was charged with ‘menace and stalking’ (which I have no idea what that even is. Then 2 days after the restraining order was granted, she filed for divorce.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Blackeye Nation don't forget to get off the internet for 5 minutes today and get out and vote.

No, you can't vote for Urban Meyer.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going out on a limb that it is true since ESPN, USA Today, Sports Illustrated, etc. have reported the same thing. They have easy access to these type of things.
If it didn’t happen — I doubt they’d be reporting about it now. Do I personally have access to the police report? No, and I wouldn’t have the first clue how to look something like that up.

I don’t know about October — when I saw the restraining order granted — it said the day before he was charged with ‘menace and stalking’ (which I have no idea what that even is. Then 2 days after the restraining order was granted, she filed for divorce.
They didn't report it themselves. They ran the report McMurphy ran, who said it was what happened. I haven't looked at ESPN, but SI and Sporting News also included the part about Smith getting arrested for felonious assault that never happened, either.

He was also never charged with anything in 2015, as you just said he was.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you (he?) want me to find a case of an OSU player standing in line at a bar, grabbing a girl's privates and then running away from cops -- that specific? That's dumb. I found two easy examples of OSU players in similar situations. It's still rare but it happens at every major school. One kid does something bad, gets in trouble with the law and then put on some sort of team suspension until they prove themselves again. It's not unusual or unprecedented at all.

You realize you were asked to show a player that was convicted... and your first link was of a player who was exonerated by video evidence. Its not about rare or whatever, you acted very righteous because you found that smoking gun so fast. But you just failed to read.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Blackeye Nation don't forget to get off the internet for 5 minutes today and get out and vote.

Then whats the point? :D

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was literally granted a restraining order in 2015. I’m sure if OSU talked to the police, they know this, right? She was then granted a personal protection order and the court deemed she was in ‘clear and imminent danger’ and Zach had to stay at least 500 feet from her.

Nothing was done until McMurphy ran the story. Or are you saying the police didn’t tell OSU about any of this?

Whats weird to me about this, not attacking, is how could that be determined when the man was never arrested? Was it just text messages?

I dont know what about the timeline but to say because those new sites that just copy from each other are reporting something make it true is a joke.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't report it themselves. They ran the report McMurphy ran, who said it was what happened. I haven't looked at ESPN, but SI and Sporting News also included the part about Smith getting arrested for felonious assault that never happened, either.

He was also never charged with anything in 2015, as you just said he was.

You can be charged with anything — if the victim doesn’t follow thru, the charges get dropped.

I did see two of the pictures she has — and it’d take some serious work to bruise herself like that. She has it around her neck and you could only see one arm, but you could see the marks that were left.

As far as charged, accused, etc. from 2009-2018 — I don’t know how to follow all that is being reported. I do hope Urban keeps his job. Zach Smith can go f himself and go play tag on the freeway. I hope he never works in football again and gets some serious help.
Urban is going to come down to if the media day was the truth or the PR statement he released is the truth. If he didn’t report it — as one of OSU’s own, Beanie Wells, said yesterday — he doesn’t see any way Meyer isn’t fired over the handling of this.

I’d like to see Zach Smith put in front of a firing squad. OSU will takes some lumps and most likely deal with a ton of backlash, but I hope Meyer survives this.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be charged with anything — if the victim doesn’t follow thru, the charges get dropped.

I did see two of the pictures she has — and it’d take some serious work to bruise herself like that. She has it around her neck and you could only see one arm, but you could see the marks that were left.

As far as charged, accused, etc. from 2009-2018 — I don’t know how to follow all that is being reported. I do hope Urban keeps his job. Zach Smith can go f himself and go play tag on the freeway. I hope he never works in football again and gets some serious help.
Urban is going to come down to if the media day was the truth or the PR statement he released is the truth. If he didn’t report it — as one of OSU’s own, Beanie Wells, said yesterday — he doesn’t see any way Meyer isn’t fired over the handling of this.

I’d like to see Zach Smith put in front of a firing squad. OSU will takes some lumps and most likely deal with a ton of backlash, but I hope Meyer survives this.
There were never charges though. That's the thing.

Wjere did Beanie say he didn't report it? All I'm finding is Beanie saying if he actually knew and didn't report it he should be fired.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Injury: Serious visible injuries— officer can arrest the offender at the scene without the request or permission of the victim.

Outcome:
If you receive a subpoena from the prosecutor’s office to testify in court, you cannot ignore the subpoena if you have changed your mind about the case. You must appear before the court on the subpoenaed date or face possible contempt charges from the court. Once a criminal charge is filed, you cannot drop the charge under any circumstances. You are not responsible for charging the offender. Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Aggravated Trespass are crimes against the State of Ohio. You are a victim. The prosecutor or the judge may dismiss a case. If that is what you want, you should call the prosecutor to discuss your request.

Legal Protocol: Domestic Violence | New Directions

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice how the only people defending Meyer are OSU fans....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were never charges though. That's the thing.

Wjere did Beanie say he didn't report it? All I'm finding is Beanie saying if he actually knew and didn't report it he should be fired.

They were playing some radio clip. At the end, he basically said, he doesn’t see a way that Urban Meyer survives this.

If this happened 10 years ago — it wouldn’t even be a blip on the radar imo. With it being, arguably, the biggest social issue in the world today.
It is going to be ugly if they find anything, which I’m guessing they will — unless all the texts and pics are fake.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury: Serious visible injuries— officer can arrest the offender at the scene without the request or permission of the victim.

Outcome:
If you receive a subpoena from the prosecutor’s office to testify in court, you cannot ignore the subpoena if you have changed your mind about the case. You must appear before the court on the subpoenaed date or face possible contempt charges from the court. Once a criminal charge is filed, you cannot drop the charge under any circumstances. You are not responsible for charging the offender. Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Aggravated Trespass are crimes against the State of Ohio. You are a victim. The prosecutor or the judge may dismiss a case. If that is what you want, you should call the prosecutor to discuss your request.

Legal Protocol: Domestic Violence | New Directions

It is tough to file charges if neither person will cooperate. I agree — if tr cops show up and someone has a black eye and is bleeding — for sure they can arrest and follow thru with charges.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank God it's election day. The best part is the same 2 clowns in the 12th district are running for the full term in November. I already have the commercials memorized.

I forgot to mention I don't even LIVE in the district.

Anyone have a spare bullet? I would like to shoot myself.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were playing some radio clip. At the end, he basically said, he doesn’t see a way that Urban Meyer survives this.

If this happened 10 years ago — it wouldn’t even be a blip on the radar imo. With it being, arguably, the biggest social issue in the world today.
It is going to be ugly if they find anything, which I’m guessing they will — unless all the texts and pics are fake.
Yeah he said he doesn't see a way he survives IF he is actually lying. He never said he thinks he actually is lying. Two very different opinions there.

Regardless of the texts and pics, if Urban properly reported the incident he's safe. So much about Courtney's story just stinks. I think both her and Zach are horrible, he's just the bigger and stronger one.