• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Urban Meyer didn't lie.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolz

"words are hard"

-Maize
Says the fan arguing that the rest of the country just doesn't know Urban like you do and we all aren't reading words correctly.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THEY DID NOT CONTACT ZACH SMITH’S WIFE. Her lawyer just released a statement saying OSU never reached out to her.

And yes, saying the reason OSU didn’t contact the victim is because the victim would just file harassment charges is putting the blame on the victim.
No matter what Urban said to her, it would be spun as him trying to coerce her. Just stop.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the fan arguing that the rest of the country just doesn't know Urban like you do and we all aren't reading words correctly.

I haven't defended Urban Meyer or Zach Smith once.

I've said we should wait to get the facts. You don't care about facts because you're a retard. It's been proven over and over again.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you? Because I have yet to see a single shred of evidence whatsoever that this allegation is true.

They went to the actual police, which is the appropriate thing to do. They are her side of the story, and she had every chance to file official charges of him beating her and she didn't do it.

She was literally granted a restraining order in 2015. I’m sure if OSU talked to the police, they know this, right? She was then granted a personal protection order and the court deemed she was in ‘clear and imminent danger’ and Zach had to stay at least 500 feet from her.

Nothing was done until McMurphy ran the story. Or are you saying the police didn’t tell OSU about any of this?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what Urban said to her, it would be spun as him trying to coerce her. Just stop.
I’m not saying Urban should contact her. That’s not his job. That’s why I’ve said all along, he shouldn’t be fired. Only way I think he does get fired is if it is found he didn’t report the allegations to OSU.

The compliance officers at OSU should have without a doubt contacted her to get her side of the story. They should have known she was granted a restraining order in 2015 and was granted a PPO in 2017.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Meyer’s quote:
I was never told about anything, nothing ever came to light, never had a conversation about, so I know nothing.

It was hard to hear the question but I believe he was asking Meyer about false story McMurphy put out on July 23 , which Meyer would know anything about because it was false.

It isn’t a criminal matter unless she presses charges. In Domestic Abuse cases, many times the woman won’t press charges out of fear or stupidity because they think they can change a person.

Not in Ohio..If anyone reports Domestic Violence it will be investigated and courts will decide if the accused is prosecuted with or without the help of the alleged victim.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying Urban should contact her. That’s not his job. That’s why I’ve said all along, he shouldn’t be fired. Only way I think he does get fired is if it is found he didn’t report the allegations to OSU.

The compliance officers at OSU should have without a doubt contacted her to get her side of the story. They should have known she was granted a restraining order in 2015 and was granted a PPO in 2017.
She never followed through on the restraining order in 2015. If she had, he probably would have been fired in 2015.
Can you link to any details on that?
Don't think it happened.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I have this straight — NOW he didn’t lie at B1G media day when he said he knew nothing about any incident in 2015. And you are seriously trying to say you don’t have on scarlet glasses right now? Here is Meyer’s quote:
I was never told about anything, nothing ever came to light, never had a conversation about, so I know nothing.
I will say this — I give you props for the unlimited amount of excuses you are coming up with along the way. Urban Meyer, himself, issued a statement saying he wasn’t truthful, yet you still have an excuse ready.

It isn’t a criminal matter unless she presses charges. In Domestic Abuse cases, many times the woman won’t press charges out of fear or stupidity because they think they can change a person. If the school isn’t going to get her side of the story, why in the world would you even report it in the first place? What does the conversation look like with the compliance office — just a heads up, a coaches wife has said repeatedly he is abusing her, but the coach says it is a lie?!? Then just close the book on it? The school is paying his salary, the school has a reputation to uphold, the school is filled with female students who potentionally could be around him. Urban Meyer is supposedly good friends with the family. Not calling to get her side of the story makes no sense at all?!?
Are you saying that he was supposed to know about an arrest and charges that never actually happened? Did you not notice that it was a pretty big deal how McMurphy conveniently changed his original report when the police came out and contradicted him? How is that having "scarlet glasses" on?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. The only reason that's true is because Roby's charges were lowered to a misdemeanor instead of a felony. You're really splitting hairs here. What Perry did was wrong, and (like I said) it was a toss up whether or not he should stay on the team. He got probation, suspended from games, was unable to participate in football activities for months and slowly got back in good graces to join the team again. Harbaugh was also very clear about his standing throughout the process. Perry also has the chance to have it all completely removed from his record assuming he gets to age 24 without any further issues.

Ultimately Urban kept a known, perpetual, wife beater with a restraining order on his staff and hid that information from the public, then lied about it. Trying to suggest that's anything like allowing a kid who made a mistake to openly face punishments for that and work his way back on the team is a stupid argument to make.
You idiot. Roby didn't commit a felony. The surveillance video proved that.

Charges Against Ohio State CB Bradley Roby Dismissed

The misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge against Ohio State cornerback Bradley Roby for his part in an altercation at an Indiana bar was conditionally dismissed today. Roby was charged with misdemeanor battery after he was accused of striking a security guard in the chest. That was based on eyewitness accounts. But video evidence seen by the second police officer on the scene and included in a supplemental report showed that Roby was pushed three times and only “lunged” at a security guard

Nice try though. I'm not splitting hairs at all. Your coach allows a convicted felon to play on the team with a 2-game suspension. Ours doesn't.

Also, how exactly did Urban "hide information from the public"? You're such an ignorant moron. Good god, it's mind-boggling.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was literally granted a restraining order in 2015. I’m sure if OSU talked to the police, they know this, right? She was then granted a personal protection order and the court deemed she was in ‘clear and imminent danger’ and Zach had to stay at least 500 feet from her.

Nothing was done until McMurphy ran the story. Or are you saying the police didn’t tell OSU about any of this?
Seriously?? He had just gone to court for the trespass charge a few days before he was fired. She was granted her order of protection on July 20th prohibiting him from being within 500 feet from her, and he was fired a couple days later. Stop acting like he went to court at the beginning of the year or something. The actual court hearing had literally just happened.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to this website, a restraining order was issued on Nov 10, 2015, two days before she filed for divorce.

Urban Meyer and Zach Smith: A timeline of key events in abuse scandal
So I've been trying to find where the restraining order was ever actually executed. According to the police report, she initially requested one, but I cannot find where she ever actually followed through on it. I'm not trying to be combative to your link, I genuinely can't find the actual confirmation of it.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban’s wife on the other hand.... yikes

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?? He had just gone to court for the trespass charge a few days before he was fired. She was granted her order of protection on July 20th prohibiting him from being within 500 feet from her, and he was fired a couple days later. Stop acting like he went to court at the beginning of the year or something. The actual court hearing had literally just happened.
The ONLY reason he was fired is because McMurphy did the report on it. The ONLY reason. Without the report — you think he was going to be fired?!?

And also November 10th, 2015 when she was granted a restraining order? You skipped over that one.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was hard to hear the question but I believe he was asking Meyer about false story McMurphy put out on July 23 , which Meyer would know anything about because it was false.

Not in Ohio..If anyone reports Domestic Violence it will be investigated and courts will decide if the accused is prosecuted with or without the help of the alleged victim.

You keep saying that but you're wrong.. He was flat out asked about any domestic violence accusations against Zack Smith and he failed to give a truthful answer. You keep trying to spin it doesn't make it so. It's s funny when the man admits he didn't tell the truth but you can't even believe it coming from him. lol.
"Urban Meyer issued a statement Friday saying that he "failed" when he denied knowing about domestic violence allegations against one of his former assistant coaches, Zach Smith.

Meyer issued the statement while Smith was giving an interview to ESPN.

Meyer said last week that he knew nothing about a 2015 complaint or any other domestic issues that Smith had during the six years Meyer and Smith worked together at Ohio State."

In other words he lied and you keep trying to say he didn't even after he says he did. lol

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY reason he was fired is because McMurphy did the report on it. The ONLY reason. Without the report — you think he was going to be fired?!?

And also November 10th, 2015 when she was granted a restraining order? You skipped over that one.
You have an actual report of this happening? The only place I can find this is from McMurphy's initial report, was was changed soon after. Right before it mentioned this November 10th restraining order, McMurphy notes "Zach was again arrested in October 2015, this time for felonious assault and domestic violence against his ex-wife." This, we now know, never actually happened.