• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So the draft for ESPN was earlier tonight

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holt was a great pickup! Got a nice head start, though this is the league's best player I'm facing(he did not win the championship last year but he was in the title game).

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still work that needs to be done for this team. Its not there yet. I may have made the mistake of getting too comfortable early on with past succesful studlite players that I didn't even think of those hitting sleepers.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood punting saves. If you punt on saves, you will never win saves guaranteed. If you punt any other category, you can still win that category, but if you have no closers, you are guaranteed to lose saves every week and you can still lose every other category.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood punting saves. If you punt on saves, you will never win saves guaranteed. If you punt any other category, you can still win that category, but if you have no closers, you are guaranteed to lose saves every week and you can still lose every other category.

Not likely to lose K's in that scenario. A better shot at wins too. If your closers stink, might as well try and get more starts.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not likely to lose K's in that scenario. A better shot at wins too. If your closers stink, might as well try and get more starts.
I understand the reasoning behind it, but it's flawed logic to me. I guess it depends on what league you are in, but if it's week to week h2h, then punting on saves gives you 0% chance of winning save. Punting on anything else still gives you like a 25% chance of winning that category. If I'm going to punt on a category, I'd punt on rbis or hrs because everyone goes after rbis and hrs.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah thats looking bad now. Of course if you wait until round 12 to get a closer you're gonna get one that will blow saves. I personally did not see it coming with the 2013 rookie class all breaking out like they have. I also will admit Stroman's injury may have had an effect. I wish I did things my way by going after aces and top closers and then loaded up the team throughout the season with breakout hitters.

Of course its July, and there's another month of this. I'm not winning in the hitting stats and my pitching is only doing so well because of streaming a pitcher each day from FA to go with the rest of my starters.

I'm pretty much out again and I have to dominate division play the next two weeks.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just made a trade offer of Gordon, Santana, and Garcia(Jaimie) for Carrasco and Archer. If I get them I am then shopping Cole, Cueto, or Hamels for a stud hitter that can hit .300. I am hoping my picking up Matt Moore pays off(Sunday I got him) and may try to get Corbin if he's there Sunday.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah thats looking bad now. Of course if you wait until round 12 to get a closer you're gonna get one that will blow saves. I personally did not see it coming with the 2013 rookie class all breaking out like they have. I also will admit Stroman's injury may have had an effect. I wish I did things my way by going after aces and top closers and then loaded up the team throughout the season with breakout hitters.

Of course its July, and there's another month of this. I'm not winning in the hitting stats and my pitching is only doing so well because of streaming a pitcher each day from FA to go with the rest of my starters.

I'm pretty much out again and I have to dominate division play the next two weeks.

That is so wrong. There are plenty of closers that are very good after round 12. And didn't you draft pitching first? Strasburg, Cueto, Hamels... etc.?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cueto and Hamels were keepers with Cole. I drafted Strasburg first in the draft(rd7) and then went Gordon/Santana/Bruce/Wright before getting Wacha in 12, then in 14 or 15 I took Kazmir, and in 16 I took Stroman. I also drafted Wilson at some point after this. The one I may have whiffed on badly was Martinez. I thought he was gonna start out in the minors and didn't want to wait on prospects again. But I should have held on to him because he was never demoted. The thing is it is probably better to stream hitting based on matchups and since I'm getting back into DFS and doing MLB for the first time that might help.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last was referring to me letting Santana and Gordon leave my team. I am starting Moose over Santana as of now anyways.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cueto and Hamels were keepers with Cole. I drafted Strasburg first in the draft(rd7) and then went Gordon/Santana/Bruce/Wright before getting Wacha in 12, then in 14 or 15 I took Kazmir, and in 16 I took Stroman. I also drafted Wilson at some point after this. The one I may have whiffed on badly was Martinez. I thought he was gonna start out in the minors and didn't want to wait on prospects again. But I should have held on to him because he was never demoted. The thing is it is probably better to stream hitting based on matchups and since I'm getting back into DFS and doing MLB for the first time that might help.

Never heard streaming hitters being easier thsn streaming pitchers before, but power to ya if you can pull that off.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm gonna try to trade for a big hitter if I can, pending if the person accepts my offer I made. Now Springer is hurt but he's been slacking anyways of late.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have unfortunately decided to ask out of the league. After five unsuccessful years since the first season making it I have just run my course and need a fresh start. I will be letting Nos know if the league is fine with it, it's his team.