• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So much for getting Geno

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is back lol

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought Geno did OK. He did fumble. They could have won that game though.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are going to be fired up for us.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't think of any reason why the Cowboys don't win this game. The Giants are horrible. No OL. no receivers. We got a young secondary that is starting to play a little better and a good pass rush. That Awuzie was very impressive last week.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't think of any reason why the Cowboys don't win this game. The Giants are horrible. No OL. no receivers. We got a young secondary that is starting to play a little better and a good pass rush. That Awuzie was very impressive last week.

How could we lose? Woods and Smith let Crowder get wide open between them for what was likely going to lead to 6 points but a miss by Crowder turned into a lucky Int by Heath and turned the game around.
We got great pressure but against a dilapidated Skins OL
A lot of WRs were wide open all night and Cousins over and over completed passes that shouldn't have been completed when under pressure like the one at the end of the half when he was falling down or the one when he stepped up and threw to a wide open Ryan Grant at mid field in between about 5 guys.
We let the other team come down and score at the end of a half again after the freak play to Crowder and on the TD Heath gets over too late and a CB (scandrick or Awuzie?) lets Grant go on a wide open TD. But we keep thinking playing Heath deep is a good idea.
Frazier made some nice plays but goes for the hit against Davis on the sideline and whiffs and instead of 2 and 12 or so he gets a first down
Dak good, but not great. Maybe the hand? Still need to get the ball down the field to open things up.
Receivers still need to do a better job of getting open

Overall it was a real good game and IMO a statement game. We played real well and the OL kicked ass. But, we need to be a lot better before we can say we "can't think of any reason why the Cowboys don't win this game"

I for one hope for a healthy OL and Sean Lee. I stick with my thoughts that those two things are even more a key to us winning than Elliott is. I think we win this week and if we played like we did last week we definitely will unless Eli goes crazy. But, we need to be more consistent if we are going to make a run. One week at a time and the next game is the most important game for the rest of the year

Sidenote: how about Frederick and Martin turning it on lately? Frederick in particular wasn't his usual amazing self for a stretch earlier this year, but he has been absolutely great lately. He showed last week why is is IMO hands down the best center in the league.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you wrote there, Jarntt.

I would also add: Dez still struggles catching the ball when he's being covered, and we still had 0 adjustments from the coaching staff as the game tightened up.

I certainly was concerned about Dak's hand, but it did seem to get us to rely on the run a bit more which turned out to be the real deciding factor.

If we stick with the run this week, I believe we will win. If Garrett and company let's last game go to their head and get away from what we are built to do, we will loose.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could we lose? Woods and Smith let Crowder get wide open between them for what was likely going to lead to 6 points but a miss by Crowder turned into a lucky Int by Heath and turned the game around.
A lot of WRs were wide open all night and Cousins over and over completed passes that shouldn't have been completed when under pressure like the one at the end of the half when he was falling down or the one when he stepped up and threw to a wide open Ryan Grant at mid field in between about 5 guys.
We let the other team come down and score at the end of a half again after the freak play to Crowder and on the TD Heath gets over too late and a CB (scandrick or Awuzie?) lets Grant go on a wide open TD. But we keep thinking playing Heath deep is a good idea.
Frazier made some nice plays but goes for the hit against Davis on the sideline and whiffs and instead of 2 and 12 or so he gets a first down
Dak good, but not great. Maybe the hand? Still need to get the ball down the field to open things up.

Overall it was a real good game and IMO a statement game. We played real well and the OL kicked ass. But, we need to be a lot better before we can say we "can't think of any reason why the Cowboys don't win this game"

I for one hope for a healthy OL and Sean Lee. I stick with my thoughts that those two things are even more a key to us winning than Elliott is. I think we win this week and if we played like we did last week we definitely will unless Eli goes crazy. But, we need to be more consistent if we are going to make a run. One week at a time and the next game is the most important game for the rest of the year

Sidenote: how about Frederick and Martin turning it on lately? Frederick in particular wasn't his usual amazing self for a stretch earlier this year, but he has been absolutely great lately. He showed last week why is is IMO hands down the best center in the league.

Just once I want to see the Cowboys be ready for that 3rd and long against Eli and not have him complete
that 12-17 yard completion. I have seen him burn us for that when it mattered most for a decade.

This may be his last game against the Boys ...lets say goodbye to Eli by picking that pass off.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you wrote there, Jarntt.

I would also add: Dez still struggles catching the ball when he's being covered, and we still had 0 adjustments from the coaching staff as the game tightened up.

I certainly was concerned about Dak's hand, but it did seem to get us to rely on the run a bit more which turned out to be the real deciding factor.

If we stick with the run this week, I believe we will win. If Garrett and company let's last game go to their head and get away from what we are built to do, we will loose.
The one thing about Dez is he was great last week. I have been tough on him lately so I need to give him his props when he steps up and he did.

I still want to see more of Beasley in the middle of the field instead of that little sideline out pattern and maybe a little of Butler trying to stretch the field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scandrick likely out. Looks like Brown gets another chance. Maybe he is a little more focused and hungry after losing his spot.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing about Dez is he was great last week. I have been tough on him lately so I need to give him his props when he steps up and he did.

I still want to see more of Beasley in the middle of the field instead of that little sideline out pattern and maybe a little of Butler trying to stretch the field.
You sure were. However, Dez deserved it most of the time. But as you can see, some posters won't give him credit when he is due. I still believe it is more Chemestry with Dak and Dez that is the problem.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if the giants had a good OL,OB3,and a running game this game would not be easy. But, yeah the Cowboys certainly could find a way to lose to the Giants like they did last season. As far as Smith goes he looks lost half the time,but then again he is still a rookie,but yes it is still a concern.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just once I want to see the Cowboys be ready for that 3rd and long against Eli and not have him complete
that 12-17 yard completion. I have seen him burn us for that when it mattered most for a decade.

This may be his last game against the Boys ...lets say goodbye to Eli by picking that pass off.

When Eli throws a terrible pass the Cowboys defense needs to pick it off. I lost count of all the time's our pass defense has dropped an Eli pass that hit them in the hands

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the two Thursday games in a row. It seems like we haven't played in a month, to me anyway.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the two Thursday games in a row. It seems like we haven't played in a month, to me anyway.
I hope that never happens again. Along with starting the season with the giants on Sunday night. I hate waiting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope that never happens again. Along with starting the season with the giants on Sunday night. I hate waiting.

I know what you mean and that was a tough stretch, but I think it helps us for the next week or two as guys had more time to rest up and get healthy

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys win on a last-second fg, 55-52

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean and that was a tough stretch, but I think it helps us for the next week or two as guys had more time to rest up and get healthy

Yep. The extra time should help. It's just been some boring Sundays the last few weeks.