• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Mike Leach...How do you feel about those SEC offenses?

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...I like the neutral site games, they are like preseason bowl games. I just wish there was more of them, there are only so many times I want to go to Atlanta or Dallas. Y'all need to get to work on a West Coast one.

Personally, IMO neutral site games can eat a bowl of dicks. The only reason they are done is because of some crap contract with ESPiN. Having home/away series is a lot of fun and just shows that your team and fanbase isn't afraid to travel. Going to Autzen Stadium (Oregon), Seeing Touchdown Jesus (ND), Washington Huskies, Hard Rock Stadium (or whatever the hell the U call's their place now), and now next year I am heading to The Shoe (Ohio State.) Even Alabama, I had a great time there. Doing a home/away series is way better than playing at Jerry's World or whatever stadium used for a crap neutral site.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, IMO neutral site games can eat a bowl of dicks. The only reason they are done is because of some crap contract with ESPiN. Having home/away series is a lot of fun and just shows that your team and fanbase isn't afraid to travel. Going to Autzen Stadium (Oregon), Seeing Touchdown Jesus (ND), Washington Huskies, Hard Rock Stadium (or whatever the hell the U call's their place now), and now next year I am heading to The Shoe (Ohio State.) Even Alabama, I had a great time there. Doing a home/away series is way better than playing at Jerry's World or whatever stadium used for a crap neutral site.
I totally agree. I know that most Bama fans don't give a crap about the home and home series, but I do know quite a few USC fans that would love to see Bama and USC play in Tuscaloosa one year and then play at the Los Angeles Coliseum another year. IMO, that is what college football is all about.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. I know that most Bama fans don't give a crap about the home and home series, but I do know quite a few USC fans that would love to see Bama and USC play in Tuscaloosa one year and then play at the Los Angeles Coliseum another year. IMO, that is what college football is all about.
When I was a young man in the mid 50's, I loved to go to the Los Angeles Coliseum and watch teams like USC play Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas, Wisconsin, Michigan and many more. That is a fond memory that I will never forget.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

News flash...all those places exist whether your team plays there or not.

I have seen #1 Oregon demolish a ranked USC team in the Coliseum. I was in Happy Valley when Penn St sacked Troy Smith and he fumbled to preserve a 17-10 win. I was in Charlottesville in 2005 when UVA upset FSU on the 10th Anniversary of FSU's first ACC loss. Was in Tiger Stadium when LSU broke Florida's 25 game SEC win streak in '97. Been to the Swamp for a Tennessee game and I plan to be in Lincoln on Sept 17, 2022 visiting family for the rematch in the Nebraska-Oklahoma rivalry.

At least half of the college football games I have attended did not have Alabama as a participant. I would much rather see a team play their rival in a home game then my team.

That being said, I wish next year's FSU game was in Tallahassee...it would be much cheaper as I have a daughter living in Tallahassee, could have saved on a couple of hotel rooms.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pigskin classic was always fun. I went to thee then meadowlands in 2000, Carson Palmer and USC spanked penn state.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a quote from Saban.

Nice try, but much like Texas football, you're just a shit show.

PS: My brother lives in Tuscaloosa.

At least I attended 2 of those shit show games this year. But you keep on reading those books about Bammer football and claim how much of die hard fan you are even though nobody knew who you were until after the 2009 season....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I attended 2 of those shit show games this year. But you keep on reading those books about Bammer football and claim how much of die hard fan you are even though nobody knew who you were until after the 2009 season....

2009? Hell I didn't show up on message board forums until this one in 2013.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I know it would be breaking tradition, but I'd like to see the RRSO in Austin and Norman.

I think depriving OU and UT players from opportunity to experience Norman and Austin just ain't right. Every other team in the conference gets to experience playing in those campus stadiums. Hell, Notre Dame has played at DKR stadium but OU hasn't. Ohio State's played at Norman but UT hasn't. Just ain't right IMHO.

And the Cotton Bowl is a dump nowadays.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at those OFEI ratings. It turns out that both the SEC & Pac-12 have 5 teams each in the top 32 of the 28 teams rated; but when you pull in the top 64, the SEC has 10 teams to the Pac's 6.

Half the Pac-12 teams are in the bottom 64, while only 4 SEC teams were that lame offensively. But, there were 3 SEC schools in the bottom 32 while UCLA was the only PAC school that far down. Two of the Pac-12's top 4 offensive teams only managed a touchdown apiece against Alabama. Defense does make a difference!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I know it would be breaking tradition, but I'd like to see the RRSO in Austin and Norman.

I think depriving OU and UT players from opportunity to experience Norman and Austin just ain't right. Every other team in the conference gets to experience playing in those campus stadiums. Hell, Notre Dame has played at DKR stadium but OU hasn't. Ohio State's played at Norman but UT hasn't. Just ain't right IMHO.

And the Cotton Bowl is a dump nowadays.

:nono:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to give it to the crazy bastard-he makes me laugh.

I just remember two fake punts he ran against Texas, both times literally almost got his guy killed. One, the hit sounded like a shot going off, stadium quieted down, thinking the dude was dead.

Yes, he's crazy as a loon, but good for a laugh every now and then. I just picture him sneaking up and throwing a grenade into the Bama huddle...