• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So many here thought the Colts would take a step back this year?

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmmm. For a team I still consider incomplete, those boys are not doing all that badly.

Nah, I am not predicting anything like a title. I am realistic enough to know there are teams that will beat them on the road, or likely even at a neutral site. But since this is our bye week, I can crow for a little while at least. :yahoo:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't necessarily think they would take a step back but I did think their w-l record would not be as good by not having a last place schedule as they did last year.

All the props to the Colts. They have played a brutal early schedule and are 5-2!

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't necessarily think they would take a step back but I did think their w-l record would not be as good by not having a last place schedule as they did last year.

All the props to the Colts. They have played a brutal early schedule and are 5-2!

I ain't gonna lie. They can say what they want in power rankings, etc. but I think the Colts are smart enough to expect a brutal game when they visit the Texans.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't gonna lie. They can say what they want in power rankings, etc. but I think the Colts are smart enough to expect a brutal game when they visit the Texans.

The last three years, the two teams have held homefield against each other.

As long as Kubiak doesn't lose his guts and decides to go back to Schaub. The Kubiak-Schaub offense has become way too predictable.

Damn you bastard Colts. We get Carr and Schaub. You guys get Manning and Luck.

Sometimes, life just isn't fair!!!!

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last three years, the two teams have held homefield against each other.

As long as Kubiak doesn't lose his guts and decides to go back to Schaub. The Kubiak-Schaub offense has become way too predictable.

Damn you bastard Colts. We get Carr and Schaub. You guys get Manning and Luck.

Sometimes, life just isn't fair!!!!

You know, I have a really funny memory. Been a few years ago. Some lady was pissed after the Colts beat you guys in Texas and wanted them to blow up the team and draft that "Colt" kid. I remember telling her that Colts fans had been looking over their shoulders at the development of the Texans for a while and suggested that blowing up the team seemed reasonable to me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely thought they would have taken a step back... I am okay with admitting that i was wrong... Even with 2 bad losses, they had 3 wins so far this season that they were thought that they would not just lose but lose badly... In those 3 games they have proven that they can play with anybody and they can be an elite team if needed... the only question is that in those 2 losses they have also shown that they can disappear... so???

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first to admit I was one of those guys who thought the colt weren't as good as their record indicated last year.

Looking at the Seahawks schedule earlier in the year and seeing the back to back road games with Houston and Indy I thought for sure Houston was going to be the tougher game.

Turns out Indy was the game we lost. Much respect to the Colts so far this year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely thought they would have taken a step back... I am okay with admitting that i was wrong... Even with 2 bad losses, they had 3 wins so far this season that they were thought that they would not just lose but lose badly... In those 3 games they have proven that they can play with anybody and they can be an elite team if needed... the only question is that in those 2 losses they have also shown that they can disappear... so???

The home loss to Miami and the loss at SD do make it tougher to decide what to make of the Colts. I certainly didn't expect them to follow up the loss to Miami with a win at SF. That game convinced me that Indy is more physical than I'd previously thought they were. Add to that the wins over Seattle and Denver and I think that Indy has shown the capacity to play as well as any team in the league so far. Losing Wayne for the season, however, could limit them going forward.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well, they blew my survivor pool with that loss to the Dolphins so eff the Colts.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is perplexing. Luck did not show up against Miami and the rest of the team took the night off at San Diego. Not knocking their teams mind you, but the level of play was markedly below the standards in the rest of the games on the part of the Colts.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't necessarily think losing to the Chargers or the Dolphins are bad losses, however, I do agree that they should've taken care of the Dols at home.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you talking about the Jets or the Yankees?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmmm. For a team I still consider incomplete, those boys are not doing all that badly.

Nah, I am not predicting anything like a title. I am realistic enough to know there are teams that will beat them on the road, or likely even at a neutral site. But since this is our bye week, I can crow for a little while at least. :yahoo:

Soph jinx theory @ QB had me thinking they would comeback to earth a little but Luck being such a great talent is overcoming it. That said, I'm more impressed with the DEF giving up 7,3, & 19 on the road...that will get them in the playoffs.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peaking too early in the season

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peaking too early in the season

Losing Reggie Wayne for the season could be an important factor in whether ^ that even makes sense. Seems to me that teams have to simply strive to play their best each week. They can't really worry about "peaking too early".

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for the colts is that they already played the tough part of their schedule... the rest of their schedule does not look too hard... In fact they ahve one of the easiest schedules remaining... Good for them they earned the break...

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Reggie Wayne for the season could be an important factor in whether ^ that even makes sense. Seems to me that teams have to simply strive to play their best each week. They can't really worry about "peaking too early".

It will hurt them. I am amazed that they beat 3 really good teams. I do not think the Colts are that good of a team on paper. Their defense is meh, though they are getting a great season out of Robert Mathis. Andrew Luck is for real though, hes going to be a great QB for a long time.

I just think that this is the best their season gets.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will hurt them. I am amazed that they beat 3 really good teams. I do not think the Colts are that good of a team on paper. Their defense is meh, though they are getting a great season out of Robert Mathis. Andrew Luck is for real though, hes going to be a great QB for a long time.

I just think that this is the best their season gets.

You may be right. But every time I think things will go downhill, they fool me.

Lavon Brazill started for us as a rookie at WR. He is not bad at all, but no Reggie. I assume they are looking at other teams practice squads, etc. for a backup.

I still see center and right guard as our weaknesses on offense. That Kalid Holmes kid we drafted out of USC may eventually provide the solution at center. We have a number of intriguing young players that play D-line that have not made an impact as yet. The Germinator, our top pick, is out with a foot injury and I have no clue what he is about. Some say he is an eventual replacement for Mathis. Don't see that coming soon. I like Toler even though he is up and down, but we still need another CB. Do that, find a RG and we may be on the way to becoming a complete team.