• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Long, Jackson

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were hitting way to well in recent days. Mariner managment got too freaked out.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player to be named pretty much means.. "Here cubbies, since you are in contention, just have him... we don't need anyone of important in return." -- It's not like Jackson is going to bring anyone back anyway. So the Merry Go Round of Outfielders continues... Pretty much have like... no.. one... out... there.

FIRE SALE!!!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus International Signing Bonus which can come in handy if you can evaluate and sign talent...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus International Signing Bonus which can come in handy if you can evaluate and sign talent...

giphy.gif

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the point since its past the desperate deadline? Couldn't they have gotten some draft pick or something for him?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the point since its past the desperate deadline? Couldn't they have gotten some draft pick or something for him?

They would have had to offer him qualifying offer which he could have accepted for way more money than he was worth ($14M last year). Too risky.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have had to offer him qualifying offer which he could have accepted for way more money than he was worth. Too risky.
I try to convince myself that our new GM will finally try to put together a real outfield for the first time in forever, but I just can't conceive of it. By this time next year, it'll probably be Miller and DJ Peterson in CF and RF most of the time.

Just fuck.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to convince myself that our new GM will finally try to put together a real outfield for the first time in forever, but I just can't conceive of it. By this time next year, it'll probably be Miller and DJ Peterson in CF and RF most of the time.

Just fuck.

I would love to argue that you are wrong, but I have seen the future and it will resemble the past I am afraid.

Still would love to get Parra via free agency and also Fowler or Span if healthy. Keep Smith in LF, Cruz at DH, and Trumbo at 1B if they can't trade for a better option. I think Montero has regressed badly and not sure he will find his way back.

Add Wieters if willing to spend or Brayan Pena has a 1 year stop gap.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners pick up a player to be named later and International Bonus Slot No. 98 from the Cubs. The slot money, about $211,000, is significant as the Mariners had spent all of their international slot money this year and this will allow them to sign a few more players. It also gives them a chance to look at Brad Miller in center field, something we should see a lot, according to Kingston.

Like NW noted, gaining addition slot money to sign international players is the key to this deal... We needed it...

"It gives us a chance to play Brad Miller in center field down the stretch," he said. "I think at this point and time that's probably his best fit for this organization going forward. We think he has the components and skillset to play out there, and if he can play out there it's a huge asset for this organization moving forward."

Is Miller even fast enough to cover CF? Be interesting to see how he does out there full time as we finish up the season...

Jackson ~"I got a chance to be around a lot of good players," he said. "I'm talking about Nelson (Cruz) a lot. I think he is just one of those players that I think he makes you a better player. Robbie (Cano) to kind of pick his brain a little bit and playing behind Felix (Hernandez),

Is that "A LOT of GOOD PLAYERS"? 3? LOL... That's all he could name because that is all we have...