• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So long AJ McCarron

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We barely knew ya!

We went from a second rounder in the 2018 draft to maybe a 4th rounder in the 2019 draft because Cleveland can't trade appropriately. That sucks.

I'll be interested to see how he does. I'm a fan. I think he's going to have a good career.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, but the NFL likes his story. Possibly another player we had in our walls who will go on to great things while the Bengals stay mired in mediocrity.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised the Bengals didn't keep trying to trade him? Or maybe Cleveland was their only suitor and now doesn't want to add more embarrassment by acquiring him correctly?

Curious to see where he lands. He should be able to compete for a starting role if he signs with a team that isn't married to their QB.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised the Bengals didn't keep trying to trade him? Or maybe Cleveland was their only suitor and now doesn't want to add more embarrassment by acquiring him correctly?

Curious to see where he lands. He should be able to compete for a starting role if he signs with a team that isn't married to their QB.

Bengals dug their heals in last offseason..... Only willing to give him up for a first or second rounder (depending on who you believe). I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that they had this grievance case going. The Bengals (arrogantly) assumed they would win and could trade him this year. They lost that battle.

As for during the season..... Only Cleveland was dumb enough to give up an almost first rounder for McCarron in the middle of the season, in a year that there would be a lot of options on the FA market.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals dug their heals in last offseason..... Only willing to give him up for a first or second rounder (depending on who you believe). I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that they had this grievance case going. The Bengals (arrogantly) assumed they would win and could trade him this year. They lost that battle.

As for during the season..... Only Cleveland was dumb enough to give up an almost first rounder for McCarron in the middle of the season, in a year that there would be a lot of options on the FA market.
Wasn't aware that he filed the grievance prior to this offseason. Makes more sense now.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals gamed the system in the first place. Stashing a player on NFI list to keep him from earning a season toward UFA. It’s bush league. And the NFL office signed off on it.

All is right now. McCarron has earned his UFA. Curious to see what he attracts on the open market.

The Bengals meanwhile are in the market for a new backup QB. What’s Josh Johnson doing these days?

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they'll franchise him

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they'll franchise him

That would blow Hobson's mind.... How could they absorb the franchise tag within their cap that is slated for rookies and incentive bonuses?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Mike Brown is a Democrat.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Mike Brown is a Democrat.

Nah.... Mikey likes to donate to the Republican party. He's particularly fond of Steve Chabot for some reason.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sadly, it's about 100% certain that he will win a playoff game before Andy Dalton.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sadly, it's about 100% certain that he will win a playoff game before Andy Dalton.

That will be sad since he will be going to Cleveland. I don't see anyway that Cleveland does not offer him a contract now that they don't have to give up a draft pick for him. They may even take a QB with one of their first two picks in the draft and go with McCarron starting, a bright future pick like Darnold, Allen or Rosen. Let Kiser be their 3rd string, and see who can actually start emerging as a QB. They have tons of cap room, I mean tons. McCarron is not going to get a top 10 salary until he can proven himself, but he is also less likely to take a contract for more than 2 years so t hat he can prove himself as a starter and then go for the big contract.

They have tons of picks, tons of cap room, and a young pretty talented core of players they would have accumulated over the last 3 drafts. Cleveland is more on the cusp of being good than most give them credit for. I am telling you, with McCarron and a talented rookie QB to grow on and backup McCarron who will excel in Jackson's offense, along with this years draft class and Josh Gordon hopefully back for good for them, they are right there. They could be scary this year for our division.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will be sad since he will be going to Cleveland. I don't see anyway that Cleveland does not offer him a contract now that they don't have to give up a draft pick for him. They may even take a QB with one of their first two picks in the draft and go with McCarron starting, a bright future pick like Darnold, Allen or Rosen. Let Kiser be their 3rd string, and see who can actually start emerging as a QB. They have tons of cap room, I mean tons. McCarron is not going to get a top 10 salary until he can proven himself, but he is also less likely to take a contract for more than 2 years so t hat he can prove himself as a starter and then go for the big contract.

They have tons of picks, tons of cap room, and a young pretty talented core of players they would have accumulated over the last 3 drafts. Cleveland is more on the cusp of being good than most give them credit for. I am telling you, with McCarron and a talented rookie QB to grow on and backup McCarron who will excel in Jackson's offense, along with this years draft class and Josh Gordon hopefully back for good for them, they are right there. They could be scary this year for our division.

Mike Glennon received a 3 year 45 million dollar deal with the Bears. Don't underestimate how foolish owners can be when it comes to quarterbacks. I'm willing to bet that he gets a deal that puts him in the top 15 of all quarterbacks next year.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Glennon received a 3 year 45 million dollar deal with the Bears. Don't underestimate how foolish owners can be when it comes to quarterbacks. I'm willing to bet that he gets a deal that puts him in the top 15 of all quarterbacks next year.

And don't forget the pre-draft dialogue about McCarron. Remember those 'pros' that kept saying he was going to be a surprise second round pick? But he didn't go that high because of injury? I think some team will talk themselves into giving him a big deal.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a given that he'll go to Cleveland. he has a bit more options as a free agent. I know one team he won't be playing for for certain, and that's Cincinnati.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richie Incognito: I’m done, the stress is killing me

McCarron might not get much of a shot.... That offensive line is going to be Bengals level bad. They are now going to be without Wood and Richie. The guy that filled in for Glen was good last year, but he's still young. And the "anchor" of the new line will be Bodine. LOL

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richie Incognito: I’m done, the stress is killing me

McCarron might not get much of a shot.... That offensive line is going to be Bengals level bad. They are now going to be without Wood and Richie. The guy that filled in for Glen was good last year, but he's still young. And the "anchor" of the new line will be Bodine. LOL

Yeah, that is really bad news for that Buffalo offense. They may be better off trading back again grabbing another pick and go OL in back to back picks and just hope McCarron pans out instead of trading away all those picks to acquire a crap shoot at rookie QB.