• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So it begins...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One other guy Id love to know about is Noah Rod. Seems like he is taking leaps and bounds and is tops in points per game and +/- for his swiss team at age 20 playing against men. When is he coming over to NA?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One other guy Id love to know about is Noah Rod. Seems like he is taking leaps and bounds and is tops in points per game and +/- for his swiss team at age 20 playing against men. When is he coming over to NA?

With the Sharks current forward depth it's really hard to say. Last report I saw was he'd look to make the move when he felt he could make the NHL club. He did sign a new two year deal with his Euro club this summer.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah, I heard about the 2 year deal. Seems he's on a good trajectory, so hopefully, in two years at age 22, he can come over and compete for a spot. Works for me given the current youth that might knock on the doo a little sooner.

In other news, great W tonight. Jones looks good, and 3 different lines score. They get a PP goal, give up nothing on the one PK. Team looks like the complete unit they are, since they are 6-3 early on with Michael haley having a point total equal to the combined total of Boedker, Ward, nieto and braun. not to mention I wouldnt figure 6-3 with Braun as a -5 and ward too.

they have been carried early on by the big names, but the other guys are starting to come (donkey and wingels tonight), and I cannot see how other teams are going to match up with the sharks. Great to see Tommy on the board and if he can chip in like he did before, not only will his trade value rise, but the sharks 4th line will be areal threat.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also of note:

- No sharks player (other than haley) played less than 12 minutes
- No forward played more than 17:30
- No Dman played more than 22:10.

For a team with alot of aging vets in key positions, that kind of ice time management is so amazingly valuable. Gotta love it...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I suspect Bodeker will getting going in the next 6 games or so

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just got back from the game...

few observations:
1. Boedker needs to get some 4th line time. He sucks. His forechecking sucks, his puck battles suck, and he cant catch a pass. He has one meaningly goal (and one point) in 11 games playing on the top 2 lines with the sharks' best players and getting second unit PP time. Not gunna cut it. couple that with a -5, and just roughly 1 shot per game average, and its time for his to get a taste of the bench and have to work for his ice. This isnt phoenix or colorado where teams are laden with rookies and semi-skilled young borderline NHLers. The sharks are rich at forward and have several guys chomping for a shot, so boedker needs to up his game fast to stay relevant.

2. Shlemko is awesome. Man he just revolutionizes the bottom pairing. Id love to see him and demelo as a pair with such awesome mobility.

3. What happened to wardo? he looks tired, slow, and just kinda beat down. Is age and the long year catching up with him?

4. patty is slipping into irrelevance. excluding the ENG, he too has just 3 points in 11 games. Time for him to get going...

4. I worry little about the mediocre start as its unlikely that guys like boedker, marleua, ward, and others who are vastly underproducing will continue to do so. that said, Im getting hopeful that deboer will find chemistry again, as Im getting tired of a team with this much firepower ranking in the bottom 1/3 of the league in scoring.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Reeks of Stanley cup hangover on the the older guys, the young guys minus Bodeker/Jones seem to be doing quite well.

Kind of concerned theres a book out on Jones now. He probably needs to make some adjustments specifically in his lateral movement. Noticed last season when comes across hard lateral butterfly his technique goes to shit, he does this weird tipping over thing with his upper body twisted to compensate and his lead leg tends to come off the ice

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job getting completely embarrassed at home vs. Pittsburgh. Apparently, the Sharks don't want to hit anyone.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can we please go back to last years line combinations that actually worked and just insert Boedker in on the 4th line....

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Itll be nice when we finally see him off the team....

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Old man Blinky Marleau 4 goals 1 period? Back to back games with GWG, hitting 500 goals this season, 97 career GWG tied with inginla nuts. Guess he's playing for a contract to stay and San Jose and continue to alienate likewall and sjrules for a few more years lol

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im fine with him at 3mil, anything more than that is over payment

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Old man Blinky Marleau 4 goals 1 period? Back to back games with GWG, hitting 500 goals this season, 97 career GWG tied with inginla nuts. Guess he's playing for a contract to stay and San Jose and continue to alienate likewall and sjrules for a few more years lol

I gotta admit, he looks like he's 27 not 37 right now. His explosive speed was on full display this past week. I would love to see him score more consistently (the knock throughout his career), but it was a fun period to watch, I'll give him that. he still clearly looks like NHL material, but as wall said, 3M per. His production is not in the galaxy of the 6.7M he's getting. A two year, 6M deal for both him and thornton makes sense for all sides. I mean jumbo is still good, but father time is nipping vehemently. Jumbo hasnt beaten a goalie this entire season. the 1 billion assists and possession is awesome, but ZERO real goals (and actually one of the ENGs wasnt even a shot :-)) is not OK. His lack of goal scoring has been a major drag, and it's clear his game is coming down quickly.

I am still a huge proponent of maintenance days for the older guys. I know patt has like 600 games in a row, but at age 37/38, in the playoffs game 100, the body breaks down. perhaps that's in part why patty had just one point in 6 games vs. the pens. Jumbo also played all 82 last year and also managed just 3 assists and -4 vs. the pens. Perhaps a day off every month, especially a few down the stretch in march might have left more in the tank. Maybe not, but maybe so. Basebally players rarely play all 162 games and that's a far less demanding sport in many respects. I would love to see patty and jumbo play 70 games or so, and the same for paul martin, maybe wardo too. The sharks are clearly a PO team, and while winning the division would be real nice, id rather a rested, healthy team in april. March will be grueling for them, so hopefully Deboer will rent the guys.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I gotta admit, he looks like he's 27 not 37 right now. His explosive speed was on full display this past week. I would love to see him score more consistently (the knock throughout his career), but it was a fun period to watch, I'll give him that. he still clearly looks like NHL material, but as wall said, 3M per. His production is not in the galaxy of the 6.7M he's getting. A two year, 6M deal for both him and thornton makes sense for all sides. I mean jumbo is still good, but father time is nipping vehemently. Jumbo hasnt beaten a goalie this entire season. the 1 billion assists and possession is awesome, but ZERO real goals (and actually one of the ENGs wasnt even a shot :-)) is not OK. His lack of goal scoring has been a major drag, and it's clear his game is coming down quickly.

I am still a huge proponent of maintenance days for the older guys. I know patt has like 600 games in a row, but at age 37/38, in the playoffs game 100, the body breaks down. perhaps that's in part why patty had just one point in 6 games vs. the pens. Jumbo also played all 82 last year and also managed just 3 assists and -4 vs. the pens. Perhaps a day off every month, especially a few down the stretch in march might have left more in the tank. Maybe not, but maybe so. Basebally players rarely play all 162 games and that's a far less demanding sport in many respects. I would love to see patty and jumbo play 70 games or so, and the same for paul martin, maybe wardo too. The sharks are clearly a PO team, and while winning the division would be real nice, id rather a rested, healthy team in april. March will be grueling for them, so hopefully Deboer will rent the guys.
agreed anything over 3mill is to much and term is going to be a big issue, Deboer has cut his ice time and I think that's clearly been a factor he needs to do the same with Jumbo as well

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow whatever injury Couture has and by watching his play in going to say concussion he should be up in the press box after that game tonight both he and Tierny where absolutely turn over machines and completely worthless. Martin jones is also showing signs of mentally wearing down, either give Dell some starts or get a back up already. That was seriously the worst game I have ever seen Couture play in his career

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's a back injury according to DeBoer.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good news is goaltending isn't a problem bad news is this team can't score in any situation with any consistency