• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So it begins .... nobody cares

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except ESPN guy Adnan Virk thinks Sharks are going to win the Cup lol.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Blinky has two goals in his first game with the Leafs.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just got back:

Good news:
1. Joes looked great. Jumbo looked like jumbo.
2. Bancer looked great. He obviously has to clean up the penalties and an odd bad turnover her and there, but great jump, obviously nice goals but he shoulda had an apple if demelo could finish the slick pass.
3. PP looked pretty solid. Not just the goal,s but created some nice chances.

Now the bad:

1. Earth to the other three lines. Very very little sustained pressure from anyone other than jumbo-pavs-lebanc. I was shocked how bad boedker looked all game, meier looked out of place at all ends. Very soft on karlsson and really all the young guys who need to step up. The sharks whole season lies in how the kids play. They disappointed me tonight.
2. Jones better be better. I expect he will be, but if he played well, sharks win 3-2.
3. The PK obviously gave up three, but they also just missed simple fundamentals. Not in lanes, leaves guys open in front. Not OK and simple goals against, not exaclty great plays by the flyers but totally blown by the sharks.

Sharks gave a reasonable effort. Some things I liked alot. But the glaring problems looked glaring when the bottom three lines produced Zero.

And the flyers arent a good team and didnt look it to me. Sharks were sloppy. Lots of silly turnovers, bad pinch decisions, and lazy backchecks. Lots of work to do and some key passengers (boedker especially, though hanson was weak too as well as karlsson. Thats 8M/yr that needs to produce and perform.)

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just got back:

Good news:
1. Joes looked great. Jumbo looked like jumbo.
2. Bancer looked great. He obviously has to clean up the penalties and an odd bad turnover her and there, but great jump, obviously nice goals but he shoulda had an apple if demelo could finish the slick pass.
3. PP looked pretty solid. Not just the goal,s but created some nice chances.

Now the bad:

1. Earth to the other three lines. Very very little sustained pressure from anyone other than jumbo-pavs-lebanc. I was shocked how bad boedker looked all game, meier looked out of place at all ends. Very soft on karlsson and really all the young guys who need to step up. The sharks whole season lies in how the kids play. They disappointed me tonight.
2. Jones better be better. I expect he will be, but if he played well, sharks win 3-2.
3. The PK obviously gave up three, but they also just missed simple fundamentals. Not in lanes, leaves guys open in front. Not OK and simple goals against, not exaclty great plays by the flyers but totally blown by the sharks.

Sharks gave a reasonable effort. Some things I liked alot. But the glaring problems looked glaring when the bottom three lines produced Zero.

And the flyers arent a good team and didnt look it to me. Sharks were sloppy. Lots of silly turnovers, bad pinch decisions, and lazy backchecks. Lots of work to do and some key passengers (boedker especially, though hanson was weak too as well as karlsson. Thats 8M/yr that needs to produce and perform.)

So was yesterday morning the closest the Sharks will be to the Oilers in the standings all year? McJesus a hat trick to start the season. ESPN has the Sharks ranked #9 in their power rankings due to defense and goaltending but that failed them last night. I think the Flyers will be decent. They got themselves a young stud in Patrick. We'll see how he fits in for them.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
likely, yes. The oilers will be tough and everyone knows it. And it's not just mcdavid, but their team D is vastly better than a few years back. Tmac is doing a solid job in that area.

Hertl had a shitty game. 3 lost draws = 3 pk goals. Sharks had 35 shots but Donskoi+meier+Tierney+karlsson combined for around 55 minutes played and 2 shots. With the exception of Lebanc, the army of kids pretty much sucked.

Demelo-Dillon were also a question mark and were terrible as well.

I am happy that lebanc looked so good, and the penalties dont worry me. I am also not concerned with Jones. Yes, he goofed twice, but he is a good goalie, we all know it, and he'll be fine.

I am concerned that one line generated everything. I am concerned that Boedker, who the sharks are counting on this year to largely replace patty, looked SO bad. I am concerned that the sharks roster is full of borderline youth, who have to emerge as good players for the team to have a chance. Jumbo, pavs, and cooch is not enough. Hanson also looked like he was just taking up space.

One game is a small sample, and if donkey had scored instead of hitting the post midway through the 3rd, all might be different. That said, I saw a lot of things that looked similar to last year, and it's a failing grade for the depth in game one. Philly is not a particularly good team either and they didnt play all that well. Gunna be interesting to see how the year progresses...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
likely, yes. The oilers will be tough and everyone knows it. And it's not just mcdavid, but their team D is vastly better than a few years back. Tmac is doing a solid job in that area.

Hertl had a shitty game. 3 lost draws = 3 pk goals. Sharks had 35 shots but Donskoi+meier+Tierney+karlsson combined for around 55 minutes played and 2 shots. With the exception of Lebanc, the army of kids pretty much sucked.

Demelo-Dillon were also a question mark and were terrible as well.

I am happy that lebanc looked so good, and the penalties dont worry me. I am also not concerned with Jones. Yes, he goofed twice, but he is a good goalie, we all know it, and he'll be fine.

I am concerned that one line generated everything. I am concerned that Boedker, who the sharks are counting on this year to largely replace patty, looked SO bad. I am concerned that the sharks roster is full of borderline youth, who have to emerge as good players for the team to have a chance. Jumbo, pavs, and cooch is not enough. Hanson also looked like he was just taking up space.

One game is a small sample, and if donkey had scored instead of hitting the post midway through the 3rd, all might be different. That said, I saw a lot of things that looked similar to last year, and it's a failing grade for the depth in game one. Philly is not a particularly good team either and they didnt play all that well. Gunna be interesting to see how the year progresses...

Boedker they were hoping would have gone to Vegas.

The key on this team is the young forwards. They need one or more to step up big. I am waiting for Hertl. Waiting waiting waiting. I am not confident though. How many busts at forward have come through this team? Billions. How many have been very good to excellent. I can name only 3: Marleau, Pavs, Couture.

Dillon - Demelo will a problem all year.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another stinker...gonna be a long season. May be for the best.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jones has been mediocre at best like Steve mason brian Elliot mediocre. However Heed and Ryan look great like Johnntaveras trade bait one of them great or Matt Duschene .

New 3rd line migh be the answer finally, this is going to be an interesting season. Cup final possibly, if the sharks can get martini LTIR and deal some blue line depth and a couple of farm hands a draft picks for Tavares who knows what happens

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones has been mediocre at best like Steve mason brian Elliot mediocre. However Heed and Ryan look great like Johnntaveras trade bait one of them great or Matt Duschene .

New 3rd line migh be the answer finally, this is going to be an interesting season. Cup final possibly, if the sharks can get martini LTIR and deal some blue line depth and a couple of farm hands a draft picks for Tavares who knows what happens

3 points combined for Thornton / Couture / Pavelski isn't going to cut it so far. Goal scoring was going to be the big worry this year and it will be an even bigger worry if these 3 don't start getting going.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 points combined for Thornton / Couture / Pavelski isn't going to cut it so far. Goal scoring was going to be the big worry this year and it will be an even bigger worry if these 3 don't start getting going.

Much better last night. Thornton / Pavs / Couture all involved in the scoring and an easy win. I guess I was wrong about the Oilers (so far). They are behind the Sharks now. Is that coaching staff going to hold them back lol? Baby Jay Woodcroft coaching Connor McDavid....that is a scary thought...yikes!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Still need scoring help, they miss Marleau greatly. I think LaBanc is doing well though it’s the needcof Timo, Donkey and Boedker to get going that’s hurting them too. A trade needs to take place

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don’t think Paul Martin is getting back into the line up anytime soon which is a good sign for the sharks

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couture has lighting it up lately. Decent road trip so far. The Rangers look awful this year and it showed against the Sharks. Derek Stepan trade is going to hurt them short term, but I heard they have young forwards that are pretty good. Nash is in his Marleau funk.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice to see the depth guys scoring and not just the big 3, donkey and cobra. Now if the rest of the group can get it in gear

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tim Heed is starting to look like a monster steal now, sharks may have 2 legit offensive threats for the first time in a long time

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is starting to pick it up now. Hell they won in Buffalo. That is about as rare as it comes.

Marleau -2 last night. Giving the fans something to remember ;)

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They need to package LeBanc,Martin, 1st rounders and maybevO’Regan to get Tavares

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Team really needs a roster shake up my wish list move atleast two of either Boedker, Martin or ward. Throw in Labanc or O’Regan somecdraft pics and land a big name forward

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone else think that the lack of Burns offense this season is because he's missing Paul Martin as his partner? I cant figure out why he has slumped SO BAD this season so far. (And im mad cause he was my top pick in fantasy this year lol picked him over Karlsson)

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone else think that the lack of Burns offense this season is because he's missing Paul Martin as his partner? I cant figure out why he has slumped SO BAD this season so far. (And im mad cause he was my top pick in fantasy this year lol picked him over Karlsson)
His slump started over the last 25 games of the season last year, so no it’s not Paul Martin related